There are so many types of natural oils with tons of great benefits for your skin, hair, and other delicate parts of the body, like coconut oil or almond oil. More specifically, almond oil hydrates and protects your skin. It is also rich in Vitamin E, monounsaturated fatty acids, proteins, potassium, and zinc. These properties make this oil the perfect natural product to put on your hair and skin. If you haven't tried it out yet, keep reading. We have created this shopping guide and review to help you learn about the healing properties of almond oil and to help you with your purchase.
- 1 Weekly newsletter with the best personal finance tips
- 2 Summary
- 3 The Best Almond Oil in the United Kingdom: Our Picks
- 4 Shopping Guide: Everything You Should Know About Almond Oil
- 5 Shopping Criteria
- 6 Summary
- This type of oil, as the name suggests, is extracted from almonds and is made through cold pressing to keep its amazing properties.
- You can use almond oil on people of all ages and any skin type.
- When you are choosing which almond oil to purchase, you should keep in mind how the oil was extracted, its ingredients, and how you will use the product.
The Best Almond Oil in the United Kingdom: Our Picks
To make the best purchase, you need to see all of your options laid out in front of you. To help you, we have created a list of the best almond oil on the market.
Shopping Guide: Everything You Should Know About Almond Oil
Due to its health benefits, almond oil has been used for many years. There are more and more studies that prove these benefits and that have made it one of the most popular skin and hair products. To explain all of its characteristics, we have answered some of the most frequently asked questions from buyers like you.
What is almond oil, and what is it for?
What types of almond oils are there?
On the other hand, sweet almond oil is made only out of edible almonds, Prunus amygdalus dulcis. This type does not contain amygdalin and has high levels of monounsaturated and polyunsaturated fatty acids and Vitamins A, B, D, and E. This type of almond oil is extremely beneficial to your hair and skin.
How do I apply almond oil on my skin?
- As a scrub: If you mix almond oil with a cup of sugar, this product turns into a great scrub. Apply it on your face with slow, circular movements. Avoid the area around the eyes.
- As a facial or body moisturizer: After showering, you can put a few drops of this oil on your body to keep your skin hydrated and smooth.
- For stretch marks: Thanks to its emollient elements, almond oil helps your blood circulate and helps remove stretch marks. Put a little bit of oil on the marks and massage with circular motions for a few minutes. You should do this after showering and two times a day.
- As an anti-dark cream: If you have dark circles or bags, put some of the oil under your eyes every night before going to sleep.
- As a makeup remover: you can take all of your makeup off, including water-resistant makeup with this amazing oil. Keep your skin healthy and beautiful.
- As an acne cream: Anyone that suffers from acne, blackheads, or oily skin can use almond oil to solve these skin problems. Although this product has a lot of fatty acids, the other nutrients it contains help avoid and fight acne.
- To relieve stress: This oil is great for massages because it is an anti-stress oil. It can also be used as a remedy for many skin conditions, like dermatitis or psoriasis.
How do I use almond oil in my hair?
- Fight dandruff: Almond oil helps stop peeling; it removed dead skin cells and provides nutrients to the hair. Put the oil on your scalp and massage it in slowly. After 30 minutes, rinse with water.
- Hydrate: This product is a great way to hydrate a dry scalp. You need to heat the oil and massage it into the scalp. Leave the product on for around 2 hours and rinse with cold water. This treatment, if done regularly, can promote hair growth.
- Prevent split ends: Massage your hair regularly with this oil to prevent split ends. The antioxidants, vitamins, and minerals found in this product help renew hair follicles, making your hair stronger and more resistant.
- Detangle: Detangle your hair with just a few drops of this product.
- Condition: The light texture of this oil makes it a perfect, natural alternative to chemical conditioners. Let your hair shine and protect it at the same time.
Almond oil has become a must-have in the beauty industry. Apart from protecting your hair and skin, you can also use it on your beard or eyelashes.
- For your beard: beard oil has a mix of different products, including almond oil. Applying this product on your beard will make it look perfect and hydrate it at the same time.
- For your eyelashes: If you put a few drops of almond oil on your eyelashes, you can make them grow longer and thicker than usual. You must do this often, or you may not see results.
What else can I use almond oil for?
- Regulates cholesterol: The high level of unsaturated fats and vitamin E help promote the flow of oxygen and nutrients in the blood. This helps regulate your cholesterol level as it creates HDL (good cholesterol) and reduces LDL (bad cholesterol.)
- Reduces the risk of heart disease: Due to its antioxidant and anti-inflammatory properties, almond oil helps reduce the risk of cardiovascular problems.
- Prevents diabetes: This disease forms when your blood sugar rises because your cells or pancreas can no longer produce insulin correctly. Almonds help regulate sugar levels in your blood. This is why this product is extremely effective in preventing diabetes, as the oil has the same healing properties as the nut.
- Helps keep your intestines healthy: Almond oil is an ideal product for those who suffer from constipation as it acts as a light laxative. Experts have proven that this oil can help relieve the symptoms of irritable bowel syndrome.
- Softens earaches: Earaches are an extremely common problem for children, and almond oil is a way to help with the symptoms that comes from these awful aches. It can reduce earwax and reduces blockage. Apply two or three drops of oil into the ear.
Can I make my own almond oil?
- First of all, you need to buy a large number of mature almonds. You cannot use stale almonds. Keep in mind that about 2 pounds of almonds will give you half a jar of oil.
- Next, you need to rinse the almonds thoroughly. Leave them out to dry, preferably in the sun. You can also turn your oven on at a very low temperature to dry the nuts but make sure that you do not toast them.
- Once you have finished this step, you need to crush or blend the almonds until they form a paste. For every 2 cups of almonds, add one or two teaspoons of olive oil. Continue to blend the nuts.
- After that, put the almonds in an airtight jar. Leave it in the jar for 15 days at room temperature.
- After about 2 weeks, you can extract the oil from the almond paste. To do this, you can use a strainer or gauze.
Once you have finished this whole process, you can begin to take advantage of the great properties of your homemade almond oil. You can even make a face mask with the almond paste.
Can I use almond oil on my baby?
In addition to all the information that we have provided you with in this article, there are 5 aspects that you should keep in mind when you are purchasing your almond oil. These criteria will help you make the best purchase possible.
This is one of the most important criteria. How pure the oil you purchase is will determine its quality and how many health benefits it has. It also affects the price of the product.
The production of the almond oil you buy is extremely important as well. It is important to read how the oil is made in the product description. If it hasn't been cold-pressed, it might lose some of its qualities.
When choosing the correct almond oil, it is vital to recognize your needs and how you want to treat your skin and hair. Now that you know all of the amazing benefits of this product, ask yourself what you are expecting to get out of your almond oil.
Depending on how often you will use your almond oil, you need to get the correct sized container. This is very important because, once this product expires, the oil starts to lose its healing properties, and we don't recommend that you continue using it. Store the item according to the product description.
Nut allergies are one of the most common types of allergies. It is important to keep this in mind when purchasing your almond oil. You need to be sure that you or the person that uses the oil, does not have a nut allergy, as this product can cause a reaction.
Almond oil is an essential oil that is very rich in healing properties. It can help you hydrate your skin, avoid stretch marks, fight acne, reduce stress, and even acts as a makeup remover or a natural conditioner.
Due to its many benefits, this product has gotten more and more popular over the years. So, what are you waiting for? Get yourself a bottle and try it out for yourself.
If you liked our article about almond oil, don't forget to share it with your friends on social media. What do you think? Leave us a comment below; we want to hear from you. Thank you so much!
(Source of featured image: Yelenayenshuk: 36058080/ 123rf.com)