The smartwatch has already been a subject in ReviewBox Brasil a few times. Several brands offer their smartwatch models, including Huami, a subsidiary of Xiaomi, which brought to the market Amazfit.
The smartwatch offers features related to the practice of physical activities and acts as an extension of the smartphone. The brand offers several models of Amazfit smartwatches, continue with us and learn which is the best for you.
- 1 Weekly newsletter with the best personal finance tips
- 2 Summary
- 3 The best amazfit: Our Picks
- 4 Buying guide: what you need to know about Amazfit
- 4.1 What are the Amazfit smartwatch differentials?
- 4.2 What are the functions of an Amazfit smartwatch?
- 4.3 What are the Amazfit smartwatch buttons for?
- 4.4 What is the Amazfit smartwatch operating system?
- 4.5 What are the sensors of the Amazfit smartwatch?
- 4.6 What are the different models of Amazfit smartwatches?
- 4.7 Compatibility and connectivity
- 4.8 Features
- 4.9 Internal
- 4.10 Screen
- 4.11 Water resistance
- 4.12 Design
- 4.13 Battery
- You might have read that Amazfit is Xiaomi's smartwatch, but that is not the correct information. The manufacturer of Amazfit is Huami, a subsidiary of Xiaomi, which specialises in the production of sports wearables.
- The great thing about the Amazfit smartwatch is the battery life. With just one charge, you can use your smartwatch for about 15 days without having to recharge it.
- Another advantage is that the device is compatible with smartphones with Android or iOS operating system.
The best amazfit: Our Picks
Do you want to buy a smartwatch but can't spend a lot of money? Then give the Amazfit smartwatch a try, the most cost-effective wearable on the market. Not sure which model to choose? Check out the ranking below:
Buying guide: what you need to know about Amazfit
The smartwatch is conquering more and more space in the lives of people who practice physical activities in search of health and quality of life. For this reason, the market offers options with increasingly interesting functionalities.
If you are thinking about buying a smartwatch, but have not yet decided which gadget to invest in, learn about the characteristics, differentials and the Amazfit smartwatch models in this Buying Guide.
What are the Amazfit smartwatch differentials?
Although the features, functionalities, design and prices are relatively similar, smartwatches from different brands have their differentials. Learn about the Amazfit smartwatch differentiators below:
- Design if you usually use wristwatch, you will love the Amazfit smartwatch design, because the gadget has a more discreet design than other smartwatches, perfect for those who want to use the wearable in sporting, casual and social moments.
- Different sports modes the Amazfit smartwatch is a gadget focused on the practice of physical activity, therefore it has special modes for different sports modalities.
- Integration with the smartphone through the Bluetooth connection allows the Amazfit smartwatch to receive and make calls - only the models with integrated speaker and microphone - messages, e-mails, among other functionalities.
- Long battery life is another differential of the Amazfit smartwatch. The capacity and durability of the battery varies from one model to another, but in general, it satisfies the consumer quite a bit.
What are the functions of an Amazfit smartwatch?
The Amazfit smartwatch is a gadget developed for those who seek a healthy lifestyle and fitness, so the device has numerous sensors and features dedicated to monitoring physical activities.
The gadget has special modes for the following sports: Walking, running, trail running, cycling, swimming, elliptical training, weight training, climbing, triathlon, tennis, football, among others.
With the smartwatch you can capture data such as time spent on the activity, distance travelled, average speed, calorie expenditure, heart rate, GPS route and other information.
This data is displayed on the smartwatch's display which is very simple to navigate by simply swiping your fingers or using the side buttons. The gadget also monitors your sleep quality and provides detailed information such as the time you fell asleep and woke up, the amount of hours rested in light sleep and heavy sleep, among other information.
The wearable also has other interesting functions that help you organise your day such as an alarm to wake you up every morning, a weather forecast for the next five days and an agenda for you to organise yourself.
The Amazfit smartwatch has some buttons on the side of the watch that are used to navigate the interface and work as an alternative to touchscreen controls. There are three multifunctional buttons
- Top button: Short press to navigate between widgets to the left and scroll up, long press to return to previous interface, press for four seconds to turn on the watch and for six seconds to turn it off.
- Middle Button: Short press to display sport mode list or long press to return to home menu.
- Bottom button: When pressed briefly, toggles widgets to the right and scrolls down. Long press will access the notifications list.
Some models have only one button that serves to activate and deactivate the screen and others have four multifunctional buttons.
What is the Amazfit smartwatch operating system?
Although the Amazfit smartwatch is compatible with two of the most popular operating systems - Android and iOS - the gadget has its own operating system, Amazfit OS. This operating system does not have an ecosystem of applications, nor the ability to download and install applications specific to Android or iOS systems.
However, the gadget runs the Mi Fit app that allows you to monitor the physical activities practiced and customize the smartwatch display.
What are the sensors of the Amazfit smartwatch?
The Amazfit smartwatch has a set of sensors responsible for capturing, analyzing and monitoring the data emitted by the user. Learn about the main sensors below:
- Heart rate sensor can be activated or programmed to monitor heartrate for a set period of time, such as when you are exercising.
- Pedometer counts the number of steps taken during a workout or test. Some even analyse the rhythm and speed of these steps. This sensor is also responsible for estimating the amount of calories expended.
- Gyroscope is used to identify the direction in which the user is moving.
- Geomagnetic sensor optimises the GPS results by capturing the magnetic field.
- Accelerometer enables stabilization of the screen image regardless of the orientation of the device.
- Barometer calculates the air pressure. It is used when the GPS is on to indicate if you are burning less or more calories during physical activity.
- Ambient light sensor measures the light intensity of your environment to adjust screen brightness automatically.
What are the different models of Amazfit smartwatches?
You can find a wide variety of Amazfit smartwatches. Learn about the main technical specifications of these gadgets along this section. Amazfit
This device has a design very similar to the famous Apple Watch. The square display carries a 1.65-inch AMOLED screen with a resolution of 341x341 pixels, in a 9.5mm-thick chromed metal body, in six colour options: Beige, black, blue, pink, red and gray - combined with the silicone bracelet. The device is capable of monitoring up to 12 sports.
It has integrated GPS, heartbeat and acceleration sensor. It has water resistance up to 5 ATM. The 220mAh battery takes two hours to charge and can last up to two weeks of moderate use.
This model is ideal for those looking for a sports-focused smartwatch - not only for its all-sports design, but for its compatibility with 19 sports disciplines. The device features a round case with four physical buttons, a 1.34-inch AMOLED screen and a rubber strap with holes for skin perspiration.
It is 5 ATM water resistant, has integrated GPS and heart monitor. The robust 300mAh battery offers up to two weeks of moderate use and can reach 70 hours of operation with GPS activated.
This model is the brand's darling. Basic, it has a design very similar to the Apple Watch, with square body and curved edges, color transflective LCD screen with a resolution of 176 x 170 pixels and 1.28 inches. It carries a silicone bracelet.
The gadget has the following sensors: Accelerometer, heart rate monitor and barometer, besides GPS and Glonass. And the connection is Bluetooth 4.0. This device is IP68 certified, so it can be submerged in up to 1.5m of water for 30 minutes. The battery is 190mAh.
This is the perfect model for those looking for a smartwatch with a classic sports design. The polycarbonate crown carries 1.3-inch AMOLED display with Gorilla Glass protection, while the wristband is rubberized and colored in blue, white or black hues.
This model can monitor up to 11 sports - but it doesn't have water sports like swimming and triathlon, as it's water-resistant (IP68 protection) but not waterproof. A differential of this model is that the possibility to receive and make calls - although the audio quality is not exceptional, the function is very interesting.
But be warned, the Verge Lite model is a little cheaper, so it does not have integrated speaker and microphone. The device has 4GB of storage, with 2GB free to store music and podcasts and listen - through Bluetooth headphones - while you are exercising. With 390mAh, the Amazfit Verge has a battery life of up to five days with moderate use - for more active users, battery life may be a little shorter - and fast recharging.
This smartwatch features a sporty/casual design, carries a rubber strap, ceramic case and a 1.34-inch colour LED display with excellent quality and good sunlight performance. This smart watch monitors eight sports - none aquatic, as the gadget has IP67 protection only - and has the following indicators: Time spent in physical activity, pace, speed, cadence, altitude, heart rate and calories burned.
This device has smart notifications for calls, messages, e-mails, social network notifications and others. The battery has 280mAh, so it works for a few days away from the charger. In addition to the classic models, the brand brought some new features for this year. We compare the main features of these launches in the table below:
|Differential||Available in two sizes - 42 or 47mm||X||Features military certification|
|Display||AMOLED with 1.2 or 1.39 inches||AMOLED with 1.39 inches||AMOLED with 1.3 inches|
|Water resistance||5 ATM||IP68||5 ATM|
|Battery||195 or 410mAh||420mAh||390mAh|
Compatibility and connectivity
The smartwatch works in conjunction with your smartphone, so it is essential that these devices are compatible. The Amazfit smartwatch is compatible with Android and IOS operating systems, but does not work with Windows systems.
Also analyse the connectivity of your Amazfit smartwatch. You can find models with Wireless, LTE, Bluetooth, 4G and/or 5G connectivity. It is important to evaluate the product datasheet to find this information.
All Amazfit smartwatches models monitor physical activity. However, because of the set of sensors, these devices may offer different functionalities. The simplest models are capable of monitoring only basic aspects related to the practice of certain sports.
While the more robust models analyse a wider variety of aspects related to the practice of physical activity and monitor from 12 to 19 sports. These models also evaluate aspects related to health and quality of life.
Also observe the functionalities related to communication such as the presence of an integrated speaker and microphone to receive and make calls. Also assess whether the smartwatch has a wireless, 4G or 5G connection to access the internet.
memory The internal memory is responsible for storing the software, applications and files. The larger the storage capacity, the more efficient the smartwatch will be. Most Amazfit smartwatches have 4GB of storage, but beware, because only the operating system occupies half of this capacity.
At the time of purchase, analyse the display used in the construction of the smartwatch and check whether it is of AMOLED or Transflective Color Display type, that is, an LCD display with reflective capacity. The size of the screen also varies from one model to another and measures between 1.28 and 1.36 inches - remember that the smartwatch is a touchscreen device, so you need a gadget with a size compatible to the size of your fingers.
All Amzfit smartwatch models have water resistance, but the level of protection varies from one model to another
- IP67 allows immersion up to 1m depth for 30 minutes
- IP68 supports immersion up to 1.5m depth for 30 minutes.
- 5 ATM withstands immersion down to 50m depth. Perfect for water sports like swimming or triathlon.
The Amazfit smartwatches models differ in shape, which can be square or round, in size, case material that can be steel, ceramic or polycarbonate and in the weight of the accessory.
In addition, look at the material of the bracelet that can be made of leather, rubber or silicone in various colour options. Some models have interchangeable bracelets.
When it comes to the Amazfit smartwatch battery, you should observe some characteristics such as capacity in mAh, durability in low, moderate or intense use and recharge time. You can find models with a capacity of 190 to 420mAh. (Featured image source: Mohi Syed/ Pexels.com)