Baking tins come in different shapes such as loaf tins, ball tins or springform tins and much more. Furthermore, the baking tins also come in different sizes and materials.
In order to answer the most important questions, we have prepared a guide for you. This should make it easier for you to choose a suitable baking tin.
- 1 Weekly newsletter with the best personal finance tips
- 2 The most important facts
- 3 The Best Baking Tin: Our Picks
- 4 Buying and evaluation criteria for baking tins
- 5 Guide: Frequently asked questions about baking moulds answered in detail
- 6 Conclusion
The most important facts
- A baking tin is good for baking cakes, muffins or other pastries.
- There is a wide range of baking moulds that allow you to bake different shapes of cakes. These include, for example, number moulds, heart moulds, animal moulds, box moulds, muffin moulds and gugelhupff moulds.
- A baking tin with a non-stick coating and even heat distribution is beneficial for baking.
The Best Baking Tin: Our Picks
In this section we have listed the best baking tins to make your purchase decision easier.
Buying and evaluation criteria for baking tins
So that you are not overwhelmed when buying a baking tin, we have picked out the most important buying criteria. These are as follows:
In the following, we explain what you have to consider when buying so that you are well informed.
Baking tins made of metal include cast aluminium, stainless steel, tinplate and blackplate. They have a very good heat transfer. In addition, these baking tins are very robust and have a longer shelf life. However, metal baking dishes also have some disadvantages. They are not dishwasher safe and leave cut marks.
Silicone baking dishes have a high temperature resistance. Unlike metal baking tins, silicone baking tins can be cleaned in the dishwasher without any problems. It is also easy to remove the baked goods from the mould. However, the baking mould is only suitable for electric ovens.
Enamel baking dishes not only look beautiful, but also have many positive properties. They have very good heat conduction. In addition, the bottom ensures that there are no gaps. The disadvantage of this type of baking dish is that the non-stick coating is not sufficient and the base must be greased before use.
There are different sizes of baking tins. It depends on your intended use. The classic cake tin has a diameter of 22 and 24 cm. Springform tins have a size of 26 and 28 cm.
There are a number of baking moulds because of the variety of uses. Some of the moulds are listed below.
- Silicone baking tins are easy to clean and have a non-stick coating.
- Sheet baking moulds can be used in many ways. However, cut marks will appear quickly.
- Enamel baking tins have a very good quality. They protect against cuts and also have very good heat conduction.
- Muffin tins are small and practical.
- Quiche baking moulds ensure a perfect baking result.
When buying a baking dish, make sure that it has a good heat conduction. This ensures that the baked goods are browned evenly. A non-stick coating is also important. It should also be free of BPA.
Guide: Frequently asked questions about baking moulds answered in detail
In the following section we have prepared a guide for you. This is intended to answer all the most important questions that arise before and after the purchase of a baking tin.
Who is a baking tin suitable for?
What types of baking tins are there?
What does a baking tin cost?
|Price range||Available products|
|Low-priced (5 - 15 €)||Muffin baking tin|
|Medium-priced (12 - 20 €)||Sheet baking tin|
|High-priced (15 - 30 €)||enamel baking tin|
How do you clean a baking dish?
Baking tins are suitable for anyone who enjoys conjuring up something sweet or savoury. When buying a baking tin, make sure that it has a non-stick coating and is free of bisphenol-A. There are many different materials and sizes for baking moulds.
The most practical baking mould is the silicone baking mould. It is easy to clean in the dishwasher and has good heat transfer properties. In addition, the baked goods can be easily removed without greasing.
(Cover photo: Taylor Grote/ Unsplash)