Welcome! The topic of oral health and eco-friendly products nowadays has raised awareness to such an extent that more and more people are looking for a toothbrush that fulfils both aspects.
Therefore, in this article we will focus on bamboo toothbrushes specifically. There are so many models and brands of this type of product that there is the ideal one for every type of mouth, so it can be a bit complicated to find the right one for you.
Thinking only about the model can cause injuries to the gums or the walls of the mouth, or you may not achieve the desired cleanliness. There are both soft and hard bristled bamboo toothbrushes on the market and each one has remarkable features and offers unique benefits to your mouth.
In addition, they have innovative designs and are easy to use. So we will focus on their significance, buying factors, where to get them and their value. We hope you like it.
- 1 Weekly newsletter with the best personal finance tips
- 2 Summary
- 3 The Best Bamboo Toothbrush: Our Picks
- 4 Buying Guide
- 5 Buying criteria: factors that allow you to compare and rate different models of bamboo toothbrushes
- A bamboo toothbrush as the name suggests is made of natural bamboo concerning the handle and has bristles composed of plant fibres and nylon. At all times this type of product seeks biodegradable to such an extent that its packaging is made from recycled and recyclable materials.
- The most commonly used types of this product are soft and hard bristles, and each one provides specific benefits to your mouth, making them different from each other. On the other hand, they are used according to the type of sensitivity you have in your teeth and gums, so it is essential to know what each one offers.
- The purchase factors that are necessary to take into consideration when buying a bamboo toothbrush are: lifespan, bristle materials, brush head size. Finding the one that's right for you will give you unparalleled oral health and a great smile at the same time.
The Best Bamboo Toothbrush: Our Picks
If your mouth is an important part of your daily cleaning and you are always looking to give it the hygiene it needs to look healthy and at the same time protect the environment, a bamboo toothbrush is your ideal accessory. That's why you need to know everything about this product to make your purchase decision a success.
What is a bamboo toothbrush and what are its advantages?
Nowadays you can get different types of bamboo toothbrushes on the market and each one has its own unique characteristics, however, they fulfil the objective of maintaining an impeccable oral health. In addition, they help you fight pollution and help the environment.
Bamboo toothbrush with soft or hard bristles - what to look out for?
- Soft bristle toothbrush. It is a product made of vegetable bristles that give it softness and therefore can effectively clean small spaces between the teeth. This type of bristles allow you to clean the tongue and the walls of the mouth without hurting them. These bristles are specially designed for people who suffer from swollen gums and sensitive teeth, so that it is not a torture to use them, as well as to prevent bleeding of the teeth. They are also recommended for children and have a life span of 2 to 3 months.
- Toothbrush with hard bristles. On the contrary, these bristles are extremely hard, they are usually made of nylon, they are widely used by young people and adults and by those who like to brush their teeth hard. This model is more resistant than the soft bristles because of the material they are made of. This product is made for those who have a good oral health and want to preserve it. They usually have a life span of 3 to 4 months. They are very efficient in cleaning sores or sores that may occur on the walls of the mouth or on the inside of the lips.
|Soft bristles||Hard bristles.|
|Manufacturing material||Vegetable bristles||Nylon.|
|Shelf life||2 to 3 months||3 to 4 months.|
|Use||For children||For youth and adults.|
|Benefit||Care of inflamed gums and sensitive teeth||Efficient cleaning of sores or sores generated in the mouth.|
Buying criteria: factors that allow you to compare and rate different models of bamboo toothbrushes
If we disregard the bristle type of bamboo toothbrushes and focus on the most important buying factors, you need to make an objective analysis to make a successful buying decision. Thinking at all times in obtaining the desired oral health. Therefore we explain each one below.
- Life span
- Bristle materials
- Brush head size
Usually, this concept is delimited in ranges of time, in order to ensure the quality of oral cleaning and that your toothbrush remains free of bacteria. It is therefore necessary to find the one that suits your needs.
- 2 to 3 months. This life span is due to the bristles, which are made of vegetable components and tend to wear out very easily. If you're looking to replace your brush constantly, we recommend this length of life with this type of bristle.
- 3 to 4 months. If, on the other hand, you are looking for more resistance and you need to change your brush 3 to 4 times a year, consider nylon bristles. We recommend this lifespan if durability is your priority.
There are currently two main types of bristles used in bamboo toothbrushes. Each has features and benefits that make them unique and for very specific situations. Therefore, we will explain each one to give you a clear idea of when to use them.
- Vegetable bristles. They are made from different types of plants, then manufatured to form the bristles. They have the characteristic of being very soft, in addition to generating the cleaning that a toothbrush is looking for. We recommend them if you suffer from inflamed gums or sensitive teeth and for children at home.
- Nylon bristles. They are the easiest to manufacture and the most resistant and durable. They have the characteristic of deep cleaning. If you suffer from constant sores or tooth decay, these bristles are right for you.
Brush head size
There are two sizes that are used in the production of this type of toothbrushes. They are created for different types of mouths. Therefore, it is important to know which one is ideal for you, so we explain it in detail.
- Small head. As for its size, it is from 1 to 2 cm long. We recommend this size if the toothbrush is for children at home, as they can get a better cleaning, reaching all teeth without any limitation.
- Large brush head. It is usually between 2 and 3 cm long. It is ideal for adults and young people, as you don't need to go tooth by tooth to get a good oral cleaning.
(Featured image photo: Luke Wilcox/ 123rf.com)