Being fashionable is not only a passion for some, but we all enjoy looking good from time to time. Bangles have been on our outfits since ancient times because they help us to complement our outfits and look good.
They come in all sizes, for the wrist, for the forearm and for any occasion. It doesn't matter if you want it for everyday wear or for a formal party, a bangle will help you stand out. You have to have it! It can also be an excellent choice for a gift. In the following article you can learn all about this versatile fashion accessory.
- 1 Weekly newsletter with the best personal finance tips
- 2 Summary
- 3 The Best Bangle: Our Picks
- 4 Buying Guide: What you need to know about Bangles
- 5 Buying Criteria
- The bangle is a ring or oval, made of rigid or flexible materials that is mainly worn on the wrist as a bracelet or on the arm. It is used for adornment and is very versatile when combined with other accessories, with your clothes and even have beneficial health properties if they are made of a natural material.
- No matter if you want to achieve a smart or casual look, a bangle is perfect for every occasion. Just pay attention to what suits you best, whether it's a closed bracelet like the Bangle, an open one like the cuff or the traditional bangle. They are all excellent and there is one that is right for you.
- In addition, we recommend you consider factors such as its design; it can be made of chains, pearls or the material you like the most. You can also consider bangles for other purposes in case you need it for your business or to keep track of your health or when exercising with a security or electronic bracelet.
The Best Bangle: Our Picks
Buying Guide: What you need to know about Bangles
We know that buying a bangle may seem simple. However, there are certain factors that will prevent you from having a bad time and making the wrong choice. With the intention of helping you make the task simpler, we have prepared this buying guide with all the information you need to choose the ideal model for you.
What is a bangle and what are its advantages?
Another advantage of bangles and jewellery in general, depending on the material of manufacture - usually natural metals - is that they have many health benefits. This is specifically the case with copper, which can help with wrist pain, as well as deliver minerals to the joints.
Bracelet, Cuff or Bangle - What should you look out for?
The bracelet is a very versatile item in terms of its placement on the arm. It mainly refers to any kind of adornment that is worn on the wrist. These can be made of any material, are flexible, closed or open.
This type of cuff is characterised by having open ends simulating a letter C. It does not require a clasp to close it and can be worn on the wrist, as well as being fitted to the forearm and sliding easily. In ancient times it was used as a protective element and today it is decorative.
This type of design was created with girls in mind, with long-lasting and inexpensive materials. However, its use spread to adults as well, especially in bangles made with precious metals or stones. This is a totally closed and rigid type of bangle. Like an arm ring.
|Notable for||Being Rigid or flexible||Being rigid||Being rigid|
|Closure||Clasp or closed||Open or snap fastener||Closed|
|Shape||Round||Oval||Round (like a ring)|
|Materials||Natural, fine and synthetic materials||Fine and synthetic materials||Fine materials such as wood, silver, gold, copper, etc.|
We want to help you choose the best bangle for you or to make a perfect gift. Whatever your interest, it is essential that you compare the different bangle models according to their distinguishing features; we are sure that they will help you find a perfect and comfortable bangle.
As you may have noticed, bangles often come in a variety of designs. However, throughout history there have been some very distinct classic trends that are still widely used and sought after to this day. These are as follows:
Pearls never go out of fashion. Their classic style makes them look elegant and perfect for every occasion. Whether in your everyday life or at an evening party. They can be white pearls, natural pearls or pearls made with metal that can be black, shiny; shell pearls have a creamy orange colour.
Chain bangles are meant to be simple and elegant. They should not include any other adornment. However, it is one of the varieties that has the most subtypes such as rope, snake or cable. These can be made as flexible bracelets or as more rigid models.
The charm bangle is for a more casual and youthful style. It is a bangle type that is designed to add pendants of a stone or other accessory. These are usually closed and flexible with the possibility of combining materials and styles.
Jewellery lovers and connoisseurs will know that there is a type of clasp suitable for bangles, which we will discuss below. Because the jewellery industry is so wide and constantly evolving, more and more bangle clasps have become popular and may be more comfortable for you.
- Bangle: This type of lock, because they are usually of the rigid type, requires two large couplings to be joined together and secured with a duck-like nozzle, which engages the two couplings and clicks shut. This has its box-type variable.
- Carabiners: These clasps are typical especially in costume jewellery. It consists of a claw clasp that opens with a small lever and attaches to an equally small ring to hold the two ends of the bracelet or bangle. This design has many variations such as ring and sailor's loop.
- Toggle: This type of clasp is similar to the previous one, with the difference that this one is not hooked. It is basically a small "T" shaped rod that is passed through a ring, creating a lock. It is very comfortable and is used in flexible bangles as it helps to maintain a loose, non-tight look.
Logically for a bangle to fit perfectly on your wrist or arm, you must take into account your own measurements. This is done with a tape measure around your wrist and add 1.5 cm extra. However, you can consider the standard measurements for women's, men's and children's bangles. These are as follows.
|Women||Xs, S, M, L, XL||16,5 cm - 21 cm|
|Men||S, M, L||21 cm - 23 cm|
|Children||1 to 12 years||12,5 cm - 16 cm|
As we have mentioned throughout this article, bangles are no longer just an accessory to adorn the wrist. They have become widely used and are an excellent method of identification, such as watch bands, pressure cuffs, etc. Below we tell you about bangles used for other purposes.
- Security Bangle: These are very useful as name tags, be it for a party, event, your birthday and whatever else you can think of. They are usually disposable and coloured to indicate specific information, such as your location or access to an event.
- Electronic Bangle: Electronic bangles are not only fashionable, but also useful. Depending on the model you choose, they can have a step counter, connect to your mobile phone and display calls, messages and also have a GPS function, very useful for the justice system to locate criminals or to know your location.
(Featured Image Source: PDPics/ Pixabay.com)