Dishwashers have become indispensable in private households as well as in the catering industry. The appliances save an incredible amount of working time and cover every need from single-person households to kitchens with a lot of crockery.
In our BEKO dishwasher test, we would like to introduce you to the product in more detail. We will provide you with important information on functions, installation methods and what else you should consider before buying your dishwasher. With the help of our article, you will then be able to find the right BEKO dishwasher for you.
- 1 Weekly newsletter with the best personal finance tips
- 2 The most important facts
- 3 The Best Beko Dishwasher: Our Picks
- 4 Guide: Questions you should ask yourself before buying a BEKO dishwasher
- 5 Buying criteria: You can use these factors to compare and evaluate BEKO dishwashers
- 6 Trivia: Interesting facts about the BEKO dishwasher
The most important facts
- A dishwasher from BEKO is the perfect solution to finally replace time-consuming washing up by hand. Not only do they save a wonderful amount of time, but with their power function they are also energy-saving.
- BEKO offers the right product for every need and the appliances are also easy to operate.
- All dishwashers are equipped with great functions, which we will go into in more detail in our article, and can be purchased in different versions.
The Best Beko Dishwasher: Our Picks
Guide: Questions you should ask yourself before buying a BEKO dishwasher
What distinguishes BEKO dishwashers from other manufacturers?
What does a BEKO dishwasher cost?
A simple appliance without higher demands can be purchased for around 250 euros. If you live in a larger household where the appliance may have to fulfil several functions, the cost will be higher.
|basic||from around € 250|
|with considerably more features||from around € 450|
Are there spare parts for BEKO dishwashers?
When purchasing spare parts, always make sure that they are original parts, as only these parts are matched to the appliance and meet the quality requirements.
For this reason, the most reliable source is probably to ask the manufacturer directly.
To order spare parts directly from BEKO, you can easily use the contact form on the website. Ideally, you should also send the model designation and model number of your dishwasher.
What are the dimensions of a BEKO dishwasher and how many dishes does it hold?
The Maßgedeck is a standard size for consumers, one of which consists of the following objects:
- Dinner plate, soup plate, dessert plate
- Cup, saucer, glass
- Knife, fork, soup spoon, dessert spoon, teaspoon
As a guide, you can remember that a smaller machine, i.e. those with a width of 45 cm, will fit about 6 - 10 Maßgedeck, whereas larger appliances have a capacity of 15 - 20 litres.
Buying criteria: You can use these factors to compare and evaluate BEKO dishwashers
BEKO dishwashers are available in the standard size of 60 cm. However, if a smaller appliance is required, there are also machines with a size of 45 cm.
The choice should be made according to your needs, i.e. household size/kitchen size. If you live in a single-person household, a smaller appliance is quite sufficient, as you will not need as many dishes as a family of several, for which the larger BEKO dishwashers are more suitable.
The decision on the type of installation of a BEKO dishwasher depends on the needs of the consumer. Depending on the size and design of the kitchen, the following options can be chosen:
|Type of installation||Advantages|
|Free-standing dishwasher||Free-standing BEKO dishwashers, which are also known as floor-standing units, can be integrated into any kitchen as they do not require fronts or ledges. They are also usually cheaper than built-in dishwashers.|
|Built-in dishwasher||BEKO built-in dishwashers, as the name suggests, are fully integrated into the design of the kitchen and are therefore mostly not recognisable as an appliance from the outside. This is also the largest selection in the BEKO range.|
|Undercounter dishwasher||The BEKO undercounter dishwashers are installed underneath the worktop or kitchen unit and are easy to install. BEKO has beautiful designs made of stainless steel and also produces built-in dishwashers that can be installed underneath.|
Here you can see a beautiful example of an undercounter BEKO dishwasher:
If you live in a large household, the machine will probably be used on a daily basis. It is therefore important that the appliance has a good energy efficiency class. The best class is given as A+++. In any case, aim for energy efficiency A++.
Tip: Also make sure that you connect your appliance to hot water, because if you connect it to cold water, it will use even more energy.
Surprisingly, BEKO's smaller appliances, with an average of 3,500 litres of water, consume more than the larger machines, which use around 2,700 litres per year.
The dishwashers from BEKO are equipped with different but exciting features.
To give you a small overview, we would like to show you the functions in the following list:
- Half-load: This allows you to effectively clean even a half-loaded dishwasher.
- Self-cleaning programme: To keep the machine always fresh, preventing deposits
- Glassshield: cloudy glasses are automatically made shiny by the rinse cycle
- Auto programme: Sensors automatically adjust the rinse cycle according to the degree of soiling detected by the sensors
- Watersafe+: If the inlet hose is defective, the tap automatically locks the inlet to prevent flooding
- Quick & Clean: The dishes are completely clean within 90 minutes
- AquaIntense: With this function, pre-rinsing is no longer necessary. Even dried-on dirt is reliably rinsed clean with this feature. To do this, the heavily soiled dishes must be placed in the predefined zone of the dishwasher.
- SteamGloss: This function additionally increases the drying of the dishes.
- Clean & Shine: Not only clean, but also shiny.
- Mini 30 minutes: This is a short programme that cleans lightly soiled dishes at 35 degrees within 30 minutes.
- TrayWash: With this feature, even bakingtrays are cleaned particularly thoroughly
Trivia: Interesting facts about the BEKO dishwasher
How can I set my BEKO dishwasher correctly?
When you buy a dishwasher, every appliance comes with an instruction manual. Since the products vary in their operation, there is no blanket instruction. Therefore, please always follow the instructions in the delivery and, if necessary, contact a specialist who can give you good advice.
What guarantee does BEKO give on my dishwasher?
Selected machines even come with an exclusive 10-year motor warranty, so that customers are always on the safe side.
During the manufacturer's warranty period, any defects or damage to the appliance caused by material or manufacturing faults will be dealt with free of charge.
Ask for detailed advice on this, as guarantees always come with special conditions.
Why doesn't my BEKO machine wash properly?
Why your BEKO dishwasher does not wash properly can be due to various factors.
If the machine does not wash at all, please check the mains plug and the fuses in the house. Also make sure that the water inlet tap is open and the door is properly closed. Another option would be to check the filter of the water inlet and the dishwasher.
If your dishes are not clean enough, check that the dishes are placed correctly, that the machine is not overfilled and that you have set the correct programme. It is also important that the spray arms, which are mainly located in the middle of the dishwasher, are not blocked and that they can be turned freely by hand beforehand. Please also pay attention to the cleaning of the filter, spray arms and the correct use of detergent and rinse aid.
The following video may help you to clean your dishwasher:
What other products does BEKO offer?
The well-known company BEKO offers numerous other electrical appliances besides dishwashers.
The right product can be found for every need, especially when it comes to electronic kitchen equipment.
The product range extends from refrigerators and freezers, washing machines, dryers and dishwashers to cooking and baking appliances.
Image source: Iakovenko/ 123rf.com