Welcome to our big Bepanthen test 2021. Here we present all the Bepanthen products that we have tested in detail. We have compiled detailed background information and added a summary of customer reviews on the internet.
We would like to make your purchase decision easier and help you find the best Bepanthen product for you. You will also find answers to frequently asked questions in our guide. If available, we also offer interesting test videos. Furthermore, you will also find some important information on this page that you should definitely pay attention to if you want to buy Bepanthen.
- 1 Weekly newsletter with the best personal finance tips
- 2 The most important facts
- 3 The Best Bepanthen: Our Picks
- 4 Guide: Questions you should ask yourself before buying Bepanthen products
- 4.1 What do I need Bepanthen for?
- 4.2 Are Bepanthen products suitable during pregnancy?
- 4.3 Are Bepanthen products suitable for children?
- 4.4 What distinguishes Bepanthen products from other similar medicines?
- 4.5 How much do Bepanthen products cost?
- 4.6 What alternatives are there to Bepanthen products?
- 5 Decision: What types of Bepanthen products are there and which one is right for you?
- 6 Buying criteria: Use these factors to compare and evaluate Bepanthen products
- 7 Facts worth knowing about Bepanthen
- 7.1 Who is behind the Bepanthen brand?
- 7.2 How long has the Bepanthen brand been around?
- 7.3 How popular is Bepanthen?
- 7.4 Where are Bepanthen products manufactured?
- 7.5 What guarantee does Bepanthen have?
- 7.6 How do I take Bepanthen products correctly?
- 7.7 What are the side effects of Bepanthen products?
The most important facts
- Bepanthen products are for skin wound healing, eye and nose treatment. You can use the products for minor skin wounds, scars, minor burns and sunburn, dry or red eyes, conjunctival injuries and sore nasal mucous membranes.
- The best-known Bepanthen products include the wound and healing ointment, the eye and nose ointment, the eye drops, the seawater nasal spray and the scar gel.
- The Bepanthen products differ in terms of the areas of application (skin, eyes and nose), the dosage form (ointment, creams, gels, sprays, drops, solutions) and the pack size.
The Best Bepanthen: Our Picks
Guide: Questions you should ask yourself before buying Bepanthen products
What do I need Bepanthen for?
Bepanthen offers you a range of products in the area of wound healing. These help with skin regeneration, eye and nose treatment.
Areas of application include:
- Healing of wounds and scars
- Treatment of minor burns and sunburn
- Skin problems such as itchy skin, reddened skin, dry skin, eczema, etc.
- Nasal problems such as dry nose, sore nasal mucosa, etc.
- Eye problems such as dry eyes, reddened eyes, conjunctival injury, corneal injury, etc.
Are Bepanthen products suitable during pregnancy?
Are Bepanthen products suitable for children?
There are a number of Bepanthen products that you can use specifically for treating baby skin. Bepanthen products are free from fragrances, colourings and preservatives. They are also well tolerated.
As baby skin is up to three times thinner and is also very stressed by the constant wearing of nappies, Bepanthen Wound and Healing Ointment is particularly suitable for treating dry and reddened skin.
What distinguishes Bepanthen products from other similar medicines?
The active ingredient dexpanthenol helps heal wounds and regenerate the skin. Dexpanthenol is a provitamin that is converted into vitamin B5 in the body. It promotes the direct production of new skin cells and strengthens the skin's protective barrier and moisture retention capacity.
How much do Bepanthen products cost?
What alternatives are there to Bepanthen products?
- PANTHENOL ratiopharm wound balm
- PANTHENOL wound and healing cream jenapharm
- PANTHENOL heumann cream
- DEXPANTHENOL acis wound and healing cream
- CORNEREGEL fluid eye drops
- DEXPA nasal cream
Decision: What types of Bepanthen products are there and which one is right for you?
Bepanthen products can be taken in different forms. The following are the common dosage forms you can choose from:
- Bepanthen wound and healing ointment
- Bepanthen scar gel
- Bepanthen seawater nasal spray
These dosage forms of Bepanthen products differ in how they can be taken and used. Each type has advantages and disadvantages, which we will show you below. Depending on what you want to use Bepanthen products for and which way you prefer to take them, you can choose between the forms.
What are the advantages and disadvantages of Bepanthen Wound and Healing Ointment?
You can use Bepanthen Wound and Healing Ointment for different applications.
The ointment helps the skin to regenerate. Bepanthen Wound and Healing Ointment is suitable for adults as well as for children and babies. You can use it on wounds, cracked skin, minor burns, sunburn, dry skin and nappy dermatitis.
What are the advantages and disadvantages of Bepanthen Scar Gel?
In addition to the active ingredient dexpanthenol, Bepanthen Scar Gel also contains silicone. This protects the newly formed skin and prevents it from drying out.
You can use it as a treatment for fresh but closed scars or for scars that are already older but still red. Early treatment improves the appearance of scars later on. Regular use makes the scars paler, flatter and softer, and it relieves itching and pain. The scar gel also comes with a massage roller. It causes good blood circulation and breaks down excess collagen fibres, improving the scar texture. However, you should not use the massage roller on fresh wounds in the first month, as the skin is still too sensitive.
What are the advantages and disadvantages of Bepanthen seawater nasal spray?
Bepantehn seawater nasal spray is suitable for use on dry nasal mucous membranes. It moisturises, cleanses and cares for the nasal mucosa. You can also use the seawater nasal spray if you have hay fever or a cold. It helps to clear a cold nose more quickly and to recover faster.
In addition, the seawater nasal spray is gentle, natural, moisturises and prevents irritation. You can also use Bepanthen seawater nasal spray on babies and toddlers without hesitation over a longer period of time.
Buying criteria: Use these factors to compare and evaluate Bepanthen products
In the following, we would like to show you which factors you can use to compare and evaluate Bepanthen products. This will make it easier for you to decide whether a particular Bepanthen product is suitable for you or not. In summary, these are:
- Area of application
- Dosage form
- Package size
Area of application
You can use Bepanthen to regenerate the skin. You can also find Bepantehn products for the treatment of eyes and nose. The following table gives you an overview of the areas of application:
|skin||Against wounds and scars.|
|Skin||For minor burns and sunburn.|
|Skin||For skin problems such as itchy skin, reddened skin, dry skin, eczema, rashes, allergic reactions.|
|Eyes||For dry, itchy, watery or red eyes.|
|Eyes||For conjunctival lesions.|
|Eyes||For corneal injuries|
|Nose||For dry or sore noses.|
|Nose||For sore nasal mucous membranes.|
You can choose from a wide range of Bepanthen products. You can also distinguish between different dosage forms. The following table gives you an overview of which Bepanthen products are available in which dosage forms:
|Dosage form||Bepanthen products||Area of application|
|Ointments||Wound and healing ointment||For injuries to the skin, minor burns and sunburn|
|Ointments||Eye and nose ointment||For dry, red or itchy eyes, for sore or dry nose, for injuries to the cornea or mucous membrane of the nose.|
|Creams||Antiseptic wound cream||To be used for abrasions, lacerations, lacerations or scratches, the antiseptic protects the wound from infection and has a cooling effect|
|Creams||Sensiderm cream||To soothe red and itchy skin|
|Gels||Scar gel with massage roller||Treatment of fresh but closed scars and older but still reddened scars|
|Sprays||Cooling foam spray||To be used for minor burns and sunburn|
|Sprays||Sea water nasal spray||To be used for dry nasal mucous membranes|
|Solutions||Bepanthen solution||For sores in the mouth, irritation in the throat area and inflammation of the oral mucosa|
|Drops||Eye drops||For dry, red or itchy eyes|
Bepanthen products also differ in terms of package size. The ointments are available in 20g, 50g and 100g.
Facts worth knowing about Bepanthen
Who is behind the Bepanthen brand?
Bepanthen is a brand of the company Bayer Vital GmbH with headquarters in Leverkusen, Germany. Bepanthen offers products for regenerating the skin and for eye and nose care. The manufacturer emphasises the wide range of applications.
How long has the Bepanthen brand been around?
Bepanthen is a brand of Bayer Vital, which belongs to Bayer AG. Bayer AG was founded in Wuppertal in 1863.
How popular is Bepanthen?
According to the manufacturer, Bepanthen is one of the leading brands in the field of wound healing and wound care with a variety of products for the skin and for wound healing.
You can also use the products for babies and children and also use them during pregnancy.
Customers are enthusiastic about the effective and quick effect of the products. The Wound and Healing Ointment makes dry skin smoother and softer, the Scar Gel heals quickly and without bulging. The Sensiderm cream helps very well with eczema and dry skin and is particularly suitable for sensitive skin. Despite the somewhat higher price, customers prefer Bepathen products to conventional alternatives.
Where are Bepanthen products manufactured?
Bayer Vital GmbH is a pure marketing company and does not have a manufacturing licence, only a wholesale licence.
What guarantee does Bepanthen have?
According to the manufacturer, Bepanthen is gentle, effective and heals. The active ingredient dexpanthenol helps heal wounds and regenerate the skin. Bayer Vital GmbH operates a quality assurance system and ensures that principles and guidelines are adhered to.
How do I take Bepanthen products correctly?
Use Bepanthen as described in the package instructions or as you have discussed with your doctor or pharmacist. Here are some examples of how to use Bepanthen:
- For the wound and healing ointment, it is recommended that you apply it thinly once or several times a day.
- The antiseptic wound cream should only be applied twice a day.
- You can rinse with the Bepanthen solution several times a day in diluted form or apply it externally once undiluted.
- The scar gel should be applied twice a day for two months. For a freshly closed wound, the massage roller should not be used for the first month.
- The seawater nasal spray can be used several times a day with one to two sprays in each nostril.
Bepanthen products can only be used for 3 months after opening. After that, you should no longer use it. In addition, the product should not be stored at temperatures above 25 degrees.
What are the side effects of Bepanthen products?
There are hardly any side effects known with Bepanthen, or only in rare cases. There are also no known interactions.
In rare cases (1 in 1000 people treated), intolerance reactions may occur. This can occur in the form of contact allergies.
If you observe this, you should immediately stop using the Bepanthen product and consult a doctor.
Image source: 123rf.com / 32606163