Bluetooth hands-free kits have become an indispensable part of the digital market. For this reason, more and more manufacturers are offering such hands-free devices for your car, for example. With such a wide range of products on the market, it is often difficult for consumers to find the right one for them.
Bluetooth hands-free devices can make everyday situations in your life much easier by replacing the familiar cables of electronic devices with the Bluetooth function. With our big Bluetooth handsfree test 2021 we want to give you the most important information about Bluetooth handsfree devices. This includes the explanation of a Bluetooth hands-free car kit, different qualities, alternatives and the various purchase criteria. Our top priority is to make your purchase decision easier.
- 1 Weekly newsletter with the best personal finance tips
- 2 Summery
- 3 The Best Bluetooth Handsfree Test: Our Picks
- 4 Guide: Questions you should ask yourself before buying a Bluetooth hands-free car kit
- 4.1 What is a Bluetooth hands-free car kit?
- 4.2 What are the best Bluetooth hands-free kits?
- 4.3 How does a Bluetooth hands-free car kit work?
- 4.4 Which Bluetooth hands-free car kit has the best quality?
- 4.5 What are the alternatives to a Bluetooth handsfree?
- 4.6 What are the features of a Bluetooth hands-free car kit and what are its advantages and disadvantages?
- 5 Buying criteria: You can use these factors to compare and evaluate Bluetooth hands-free car kits
- 6 Facts worth knowing about Bluetooth hands-free car kits
- Bluetooth hands-free kits make it easy to answer and make calls, turn on music on your smartphone and set up driving routes in everyday situations.
- All these settings can be made wirelessly and in just a few steps with the help of a Bluetooth hands-free kit.
- Bluetooth hands-free kits allow both beginners and advanced users to actively use them, as there are various designs available on the digital market.
- From headsets, to built-in hands-free kits in the interior of the car, there are many alternatives. These alternatives make installation and use accessible to everyone.
The Best Bluetooth Handsfree Test: Our Picks
Guide: Questions you should ask yourself before buying a Bluetooth hands-free car kit
What is a Bluetooth hands-free car kit?
What are the best Bluetooth hands-free kits?
How does a Bluetooth hands-free car kit work?
Bluetooth is a radio standard. It is built into a wide variety of electronic devices, making it possible to transmit data over short distances. A Bluetooth device can therefore replace cable connections between different end devices.
The hands-free device and the terminal only have to connect once, because after that they have already registered each other. This means that the devices already know each other, so to speak.
Which Bluetooth hands-free car kit has the best quality?
|Model Parrot MKi9200||Model SOAIY S61|
|Comparison winner in 2020||Price-performance winner|
|Bluetooth version 2.0||Bluetooth version 4|
|Mounting on the dashboard||Mounting on the sun visor|
|Pairing of two devices possible||Pairing of two devices possible|
|unlimited battery life||battery life 18h|
What are the alternatives to a Bluetooth handsfree?
What are the features of a Bluetooth hands-free car kit and what are its advantages and disadvantages?
Buying criteria: You can use these factors to compare and evaluate Bluetooth hands-free car kits
In the following, we will show you which aspects you can use to decide between the many possible Bluetooth hands-free car kits. The criteria you can use to compare Bluetooth hands-free car kits with each other include:
Number of devices
It is great for you to know that there are Bluetooth handsfree kits that can be paired with multiple devices. For example, if a couple or several family members share a car with the same hands-free kit installed, there is no need to pair a new device with the Bluetooth hands-free kit each time, saving you time and effort.
Connection / Mounting method
Bluetooth hands-free car kits can be mounted in different ways, for example in the car. Typical ways to mount this device in the car include the dashboard, the interior by a specialist car technology company and the sun visor. The installation in the interior and serves to make the device an integral part of the dashboard and thus directly connected to the car's system. To give you a better idea of the whole process, we have prepared a video for you with instructions on how to install a Bluetooth hands-free car kit: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S5eYBS8_dW8&frags=pl%2Cwn You can install the Bluetooth hands-free car kit on the dashboard and sun visor on your own and with little effort, for example, with a clamp or an adhesive side to the device.
If a Bluetooth hands-free car kit has voice control built in, this criterion provides additional comfort. Operation includes, for example, answering calls, setting a route or playing music on your end device. With some hands-free car kits, all these gadgets can be implemented with your voice alone.
The voice quality of a built-in Bluetooth hands-free car kit depends on the quality of the car's audio system. In contrast, the voice quality of external hands-free devices (e.g. dashboard, sun visor) depends on the electronic device itself.
Battery life varies from device to device. Some handsfree devices do not need to be charged externally and therefore have an unlimited battery life. Other handsfree devices, on the other hand, need to be charged externally after a few hours using a USB cable, for example. However, there are Bluetooth handsfree devices that can be connected to a device on the cigarette lighter in the car with the help of a USB cable. This charges the device during use and you no longer need to charge the device externally.
The size of the Bluetooth hands-free car kit is essential for you, as it must not hang in your field of vision when driving, for example. Such a device should not obstruct your view and should not hinder you in any way. However, the manufacturers of Bluetooth hands-free car kits take this factor into account in great detail and are concerned about your safety while driving.
Facts worth knowing about Bluetooth hands-free car kits
How do I connect the Bluetooth hands-free car kit to my device?
In the following, we explain how you can successfully connect the Bluetooth hands-free car kit to your device:
- Activate Bluetooth both on the hands-free kit and on your mobile phone.
- On the hands-free kit, a long press on the Bluetooth symbol helps to activate Bluetooth. On your mobile phone, search for the category "Bluetooth" in your "Settings" and click on the button "Activate Bluetooth".
- Your mobile phone will then show you various devices with Bluetooth in your vicinity. Now select the name of your Bluetooth hands-free car kit. This process may take a few seconds.
What to do if the Bluetooth hands-free kit does not work?
Problems can sometimes occur with electronic devices. If you find that your Bluetooth hands-free car kit is not working, follow these steps:
- Switch Bluetooth off and on again: Switch the Bluetooth hands-free car kit off and then on again.
- Check the Bluetooth connection: Check the Bluetooth connection to your end device (e.g. mobile phone).
- Check the installation: Then check how you have installed the hands-free car kit.
- Contact the manufacturer: If all these steps have not been successful, you should contact the manufacturer and, if necessary, send the device back to the manufacturer.
What to do if the Bluetooth handsfree is not recognised?
If the Bluetooth handsfree is not recognised, you can follow these steps to solve the problem:
- Turn Bluetooth off and on again: You can try turning Bluetooth on and off. You can do this in the settings of your mobile device. To do this, go to "Settings" and then click "Bluetooth on".
- Switch the mobile phone off and on again: If the Bluetooth hands-free car kit is still not recognised after this procedure, switch your mobile phone off completely and then on again.
- Switch the loudspeaker off and on again: Another tip to ensure that the speakerphone is successfully recognised is to turn the speaker on the speakerphone off and then on again.
- Fully charge both devices: If your Bluetooth handsfree is still not recognised after these procedures, try fully charging both devices.