Just like for women, choosing the right underwear for men can be a complicated task. To make your search easier, we've written this article to tell you everything you need to know when buying boxer shorts.
There are different types of boxer shorts for men, in different presentations and materials. Where to buy them, how to guarantee their durability and what is the difference between boxer shorts and briefs are some of the most common questions. Here we will solve your doubts and tell you about their main characteristics.
- 1 Weekly newsletter with the best personal finance tips
- 2 Summary
- 3 The Best Boxer For Men: Our Picks
- 4 Buying Guide: What you need to know about Boxers For Men
- 5 Buying Criteria
- Men's boxer shorts are an underwear garment whose function is to cover the genital area. They also cover the upper thigh area. It is a versatile garment which you can find in different designs.
- There are three types of boxers, depending on the length of the leg: the smallest are the trunk boxers, the brief boxers are medium sized. Finally, there are the traditional boxers which are baggy and longer.
- Boxers can be made of different materials such as cotton, polyester or stretch cotton. Depending on how you use them, one type of boxer is more suitable than another. Nowadays they are sold individually or even in packs of 7 boxers.
The Best Boxer For Men: Our Picks
Buying Guide: What you need to know about Boxers For Men
The more and better information you have about boxers, the more you will choose the boxer that is right for you. That's why we've put together a guide containing everything you need to know to make a successful purchase. We will also answer key questions related to the product.
What is the difference between boxer shorts and briefs?
Men's trunk, brief or boxer shorts - What should you pay attention to?
- Boxer trunk: This is the type of boxer that is smaller in size, approximately 10 centimetres. They are ideal for people with slim builds and are made of some elastic fabric so they stick easily to the body.
- Boxer brief: These boxers are larger in size than the previous ones, approximately 13 centimetres. According to internet reviews they are very comfortable due to the size and the fabric, which can be a combination of cotton and spandex.
- Boxer: Regular boxer shorts measure approximately twenty centimetres and are usually made of cotton. They are the more traditional version of briefs. They are loose fitting, so they are comfortable and ideal for everyday wear.
|Boxer trunk||Boxer brief||Boxer|
|Length (approximate)||10 centimetres||13 centimetres||20 centimetres|
|Fabric||Polyester and spandex or microfibre||Cotton and spandex||Cotton|
|Ideal use||Sports activities||Sports activities or daily use||Daily use|
How do you make your boxers last longer?
Also, as with any other garment, it is necessary to separate them by colour. When hanging them out to dry, it is important that if they are coloured, they are dried in the shade. If they are white or light-coloured, they can be dried in the sun.
Before making your purchase, the more informed you are about the product, the better, because you will know it in depth. Here is a list of factors to consider so that you can compare and rate men's boxer shorts.
Depending on the type of boxer you choose, whether it is a trunk, brief or traditional boxer, it will depend on the material it is made of. It is important to know the characteristics of the materials to know the advantages of each fabric. Below we present them to you.
- Cotton: If you're looking for a natural fabric, cotton is the best choice, plus it's durable and comfortable, especially considering you'll be wearing it over your genitals. It's a soft, breathable fabric and ensures it's not too tight on your body.
- Polyester: Unlike cotton, this is a newly created fabric. It is a light and soft fabric, ideal if you plan to do any kind of physical activity. One of its main advantages is that it dries quickly and is very durable.
- Stretch Cotton: This fabric is a hybrid of cotton and elastane. It combines the naturalness of cotton with the great elasticity of elastane, so it is possible that after a while the garments become baggy.
Something you should consider is the activity you are going to do with them, as there are models that are specifically designed for physical activity, for example, or fabrics that work more appropriately for everyday use.
If you are planning on doing any kind of exercise, it is important that you consider buying a trunk or brief as they will fit your body and have a great fit. Consider buying some from sports brands such as Adidas and Nike.
For everyday wear, traditional boxer shorts may be more comfortable to wear due to the length of the boxer shorts and the fabric, which is cotton and is breathable and natural. The prices of these boxer shorts are usually more affordable.
Men's boxer shorts are available in a variety of sizes. There are individual presentations or there are packs ranging from two to seven boxers. In these presentations, all boxers are of the same type.
- Individual presentation: We consider this the ideal option if you are still not sure which boxer suits you best, as you can try different brands and models. There is a great variety of prices, they can cost between 70 and 300 pesos.
- Packaged boxer shorts: If you are already sure which type of boxer you prefer, buying a package containing two or more boxers is an option. One of the advantages is that the price is more accessible and there are even presentations that have different colours.
(Featured image photo: Gleb TV / 123rf.com)