We know that you are aware of every detail and that the accessories your outfits are made of are of great importance, because without them they wouldn't be so fabulous. That's why today we're going to talk about buttons and every aspect you need to know about them.
This small accessory is undoubtedly one of the most used around the world, because they are of great help and they have a huge variety of designs, because yes, they may be small, but they certainly give a special touch to any outfit.
Today we will provide you with all the information you need to know, in addition to showing you which are the best and most popular on the market, so that when you make your purchase you have the best points of comparison and there is no doubt at the time of acquiring your buttons.
- 1 Weekly newsletter with the best personal finance tips
- 2 Summary
- 3 The Best Button: Our Picks
- 4 Buying Guide: What you need to know about Buttons
- 5 Buying Criteria
- A button is a small item generally used to fasten various items of clothing such as shirts, jackets, coats, jumpers and trousers. They can be made of different materials, although nowadays plastic buttons are the most popular.
- Although there are many designs of buttons on the market, you should know that the main points of comparison are between conventional buttons and decorative buttons, which can differ in their prices, designs, among other aspects.
- When purchasing any type of product, it is of great importance to take into account different aspects, such as size, manufacturing materials, among others, as this will guarantee a completely successful purchase without any regrets.
The Best Button: Our Picks
When it comes to a product with so many designs, types and sizes, it is really common to get stressed when choosing the ideal one, that's why today we have prepared a list with the best button packs on the market, to make everything easier when buying.
Buying Guide: What you need to know about Buttons
When it comes to buying these types of accessories, there are usually not many aspects that are taken into account, just that they are affordable and that's it. However, there are certain aspects that you should be aware of, as they will help you choose the perfect product for you. We will talk about them in detail in this buying guide.
They are attached to clothing by sewing them on, for which they may have two or four holes, although there are also buttons that have only one hole on the back, so they do not need to be pierced from the front. This accessory or implement can be made of metal, wood or plastic.
Most of the garments, such as shirts or trousers, always have spare buttons, this is a great help to combat any inconvenience that may arise with some of our clothes.
This type of buttons are the ones we find in our everyday life. They are made of different materials, although nowadays plastic ones are more commonly used. They generally have 2 or 4 holes and can be of different colours, they can even be lined with the fabric of the garment where they are.
These buttons can be found on jackets, jumpers and even work uniforms. Generally, these buttons do not have the function of fastening garments, but of complementing them.
|Conventional buttons||Decorative buttons|
|Designs||Different colours and figures||Engravings and different colours|
|Material||Wood and plastic||Plastic, metal, gold and silver|
|Function||Practical, to fasten two garments||Decorative|
Knowing the different aspects of buttons can be something that many people tend to ignore, however, it is of great importance that you are aware of the different aspects before you purchase them, as this will ensure a successful purchase.
Material of manufacture
It is quite common that this point is ignored when it comes to this type of accessories or complements, which is a big mistake, since it is undoubtedly one of the most important aspects that you should take into account before making your purchase.
- Plastic: Most of the buttons are made with this type of material, as it is a hard plastic that will guarantee maximum durability, as well as giving a great shine to the garment depending on the colour. It is a very resistant material.
- Wood: Wooden buttons are not usually common, however, they are still found in different garments, especially in shirts with delicate designs. The wood used to make these buttons is quite soft, so it is easy to wear out over time, although it gives a nice touch to your garments.
- Silver and gold: These materials are mostly used to make buttons that have a more decorative purpose. Needless to say, they are highly resistant and give a touch of elegance and beauty to any kind of garment.
Before buying your buttons you should know that the size of them is a very important point to consider, as this will ensure that they fulfil their function correctly. Today we want to tell you which are the ideal sizes depending on the type of garment you are going to use.
This type of buttons are from 6 mm to 14 mm approximately and are mostly intended for garments such as formal shirts and sleeves, as well as, of course, baby clothes. They usually have 2 holes due to their small size, although there are some models that have 4 holes.
These buttons have a diameter of 15 mm to 22 mm and are mostly intended for jeans, jackets, jumpers and some shirts. These buttons usually have 4 holes, as they require a better fit to prevent them from falling off.
Large buttons have a diameter of 25 mm to 38 mm and can also be used for trousers, of course, of larger sizes. You can also find them on large jackets and jackets.
It may seem an irrelevant point, but it is certainly important to know it, as it will help you to place your buttons correctly on your garments; most people usually overlook this, but today we want to give you the most complete information possible:
- Buttons on the left side: Buttons are placed on the left side only when it comes to women's garments. This has been used for many years and it is still present today, of course the reasons have changed.
- Buttons on the right side: And logically the buttons on the right side of the garment are intended for men. Many people have doubts about why this is so, this is due to the great similarity that some men's and women's garments may have.
Of course, this point could not be left behind, as it will also be of great help when you are making your purchase, as it will make it easier for you to know which is the product that best suits you and which is the one that best adapts to what you are needing. There is a great variety of button shapes on the market, among which the following stand out:
- Circular buttons
- Wide circular buttons
- Heart buttons
- Star buttons
- Flower buttons
(Featured image photo: Benjamas Roengsamran / 123rf.com)