Candies are one of the most popular sweets and have been part of people's diets for a long time. They are also an integral part of the carnival procession, which attracts hundreds of thousands of people every year. They make the perfect snack between meals and are available in many different variations.
The many different types and flavours of sweets mean that there is something to suit every consumer. We have compared different sweets with each other and will introduce you to the best products. You will also find out what criteria you should look for when buying sweets, so that nothing stands in the way of your sweet pleasure.
- 1 Weekly newsletter with the best personal finance tips
- 2 Summary
- 3 The Best Candy: Our Picks
- 4 Buying and evaluation criteria for candys
- 5 Guide: Frequently asked questions about candys answered in detail
- 6 Conclusion
- Candies usually have an elliptical shape and are made by boiling down sugar solution with starch syrup or invert sugar in combination with odour- and taste-giving additives and flavours. They are available in a wide range of variations and flavours.
- Candies can be divided into hard caramels and soft caramels. Hard caramels are meant to be sucked, soft caramels are meant to be chewed. Candies are either snacked on as sweets or consumed for medicinal reasons.
- Candies are also suitable for decorating weddings and other festivities, as a Valentine's Day gift or for decorating baked goods. In addition to the intended use and taste, the contents and packaging of the sweets are other important purchasing criteria.
The Best Candy: Our Picks
We will now present the best sweets in different categories. Once you have an overview of the different products, it will be much easier for you to make a purchase decision.
Buying and evaluation criteria for candys
To make it easier for you to choose the right sweets, we have worked out important buying and evaluation criteria that you should take into account before buying. The following criteria can be used to distinguish between sweets:
We will now explain the individual purchase criteria in more detail so that you know what you should definitely look for when buying sweets.
The taste of the sweets is a decisive purchase criterion, after all, eating sweets should be pleasant for you. Depending on your needs, sweets come in all kinds of flavours.
For a sweet/sour option, fruit candies are available in all kinds of flavours, such as raspberry or apple. There are also caramel and liquorice sweets and other sweet varieties.
There are also spicy candies with ginger or menthol flavour. Due to the wide range of products, you will definitely find the sweets with your favourite flavour.
The content of a sweet is another purchase criterion. Sugar-free sweets are suitable for diabetics, vegan sweets for vegans. If you value the processing of the sweets, you should go for natural sweets free of preservatives and artificial colourings.
There are also sweets with alcohol or fillings. So before you buy, make sure you know what ingredients the sweets are made from to ensure the best possible consumption.
The intended use is also an important purchase criterion. If you want to enjoy a sweet variety as a snack, you can choose sweet candies. If you have a sore throat or a cough, cough drops and throat lozenges made from natural herbs are suitable.
Sweets can also be used to decorate gifts and as part of a candy bar at weddings. For this, you can choose personalised sweets with a logo or heart shape and other designs. There are also sweets that can be used as a throw for carnival.
If it is important to you that your sweets are individually wrapped or in a jar, then the packaging of the sweets will matter before you buy them. You should also consider the quantity of sweets and the size of the packaging when buying.
Guide: Frequently asked questions about candys answered in detail
What are candys?
What types of candys are there?
Soft caramels include chewy sweets and toffees, for example. These have a soft texture and are chewed. Candies can also be categorised by taste. Examples are fruit candies, peppermint and menthol candies, caramel candies and dextrose or fizzy sweets.
Which candy help with illnesses?
- fordry mouth/cough: Cough sweets, sweets with essential oils such as eucalyptus and thyme and liquorice sweets stimulate the flow of saliva and relax the bronchial muscles.
- forsore throats: sweets with menthol are suitable for sore throats as they clear the airways, cool the throat and soothe the pain.
- forviruses: several studies confirm that a medicinal plant called cistus has an inhibitory effect against viruses. A sweet with cistus could also help against corona.
- for inflammations or colds: Manuka honey sweets help with inflammation and illnesses in the mouth and throat.
In addition, medicinal pastilles can also be taken to combat illnesses.
From what age can children suck candy?
Can I make candy myself?
Candies are ideal snacks for in-between meals and are suitable for both enjoyment and health purposes. But you can also use them for decoration purposes for gifts and wedding celebrations. The wide range of products means there is something for every taste.
If this is important to you, you should also pay attention to the added ingredients such as preservatives and gelatine before buying. The more natural the product, the safer it is to consume. A candy dispenser can also help you control your daily consumption. So nothing stands in the way of your candy pleasure.
(Cover photo: pixel2013 / pixabay)