Hello! Welcome to ReviewBox UK. In today's article we will help you choose an item that is the desire of the vast majority of fragrance lovers: Chanel perfume.
Symbols of luxury, good taste and elegance, the brand's perfumes are iconic, and the male and female lines have striking scents, ideal for those who are not afraid to dare.
Follow us in this reading and check out the best options of the product, as well as the characteristics that you should pay attention to in order to make the best choice of Chanel perfume for your collection.
- 1 Weekly newsletter with the best personal finance tips
- 2 Summary
- 3 The Best Chanel Perfume: Our Picks
- 4 Buying Guide
- 5 Buying Criteria: Factors to compare different Chanel perfumes
- The brand offers several versions of fragrances for women and men, with lighter options for day-to-day use and striking scents for special occasions. Choose based on the type of use that will be given to the product, your fragrance preferences and specific needs.
- Line, packaging, applicator type, bottle size, origin, originality and fragrances are some characteristics to be considered at the time of purchase.
- The prices of Chanel perfumes vary according to the fragrance and bottle size. There are Chanel perfumes from under £50, while some special editions can cost over £150.
The Best Chanel Perfume: Our Picks
More than a product, a perfume is a form of expression. After all, who has never been overwhelmed by the presence of a fragrant person in the environment? Because it is so striking, choosing the right perfume is fundamental. And nothing better than a classic and iconic Chanel perfume to embrace as your personal scent.
Continue with us to learn all about this product that cannot be missing in the collection of any person passionate about perfumes.
Why are Chanel perfumes so iconic?
Coco Chanel, the stylist creator, head and heart of Chanel, when idealizing the creation of the perfume line of the brand, defined that the products were unique, made under measure, such as the brand used to produce its dresses. From this concept emerged sublime fragrances such as Chanel nº 5.
This concept still guides the brand's creations until nowadays, although Coco Chanel has passed away in 1971. Thus, the brand continues to launch unique fragrances and invest in more current scents, in order to please not only the captive consumers but also to win over new generations.
Of sublime quality and unquestionable originality, Chanel perfumes have been and continue to be admired by the biggest stars in Hollywood and around the world, which contributes to its aura of sophistication and glamour.
Check out some advantages and disadvantages of Chanel perfumes:
Parfum, Eau de Parfum or Eau de Toilette: Which is the best Chanel perfume option?
The concentration usually also has a direct impact on product prices. After all, the more concentrated versions demand the addition of a greater volume of essences to the base in the manufacturing process, which makes the product more expensive.
While the Parfum has its essence concentration rates varying between 15 and 40%, depending on the perfume in question, the concentration of the Eau de Parfum varies from 18 to 25%, and the Eau de Toilette contains from 5 to 15% of essential oils. Therefore, Parfums and Eau de Parfums have a more intense aroma that lasts longer.
Compare in the chart:
|Parfum||Eau de Parfum||Eau de Toilet|
|Concentration of essences||Between 15 and 40%||Between 18 and 25%||Between 5 and 15%|
|Fixation||Up to 24 hours||From 5 to 8h||From 3 to 5h|
|Best way of application||Drops||Spray, vaporizer or drops||Vaporizer or spray|
How to choose the ideal Chanel perfume fragrance?
Therefore, it is not enough to choose a nice perfume that matches your preferences, you need to choose a fragrance that works well with your own smell. In other words: Buying perfume without testing it on your own skin can have disappointing results.
To avoid these disappointments, we've separated a tutorial of 5 steps so that you don't make a mistake when choosing your Chanel perfume fragrance:
- Go to a physical shop that carries the fragrances you are interested in;
- Try it on your own skin, preferably on your wrists. The effect of perfume on paper is not the same;
- Try a maximum of four fragrances at a time. Two is ideal. Clean your sense of smell with coffee beans before smelling each one;
- Do not rub the perfume on the skin. This breaks the molecular bond, weakening the smell;
- After applying the fragrances to your wrists, test the scent development for an hour by sniffing them at various intervals.
Buying Criteria: Factors to compare different Chanel perfumes
Now that you know enough about Chanel perfumes, we will give you some more tips to make the right choice of fragrance to start or complement your collection.
Check out the list of characteristics you should pay attention to when comparing the types and models of perfume of the brand:
- Bottle size
- Origin and originality
Below, we will detail each of the topics, so that no doubts remain:
Chanel works with a wide variety of bottle sizes in its perfume line. However, the availability may vary according to the fragrances and product line. The main sizes are:
- 3 ml: Samples
- 7.5 ml: Miniatures;
- 20 ml: Refills for spray or pocket spray;
- 35 ml, 50 ml: small perfumes;
- 100 ml, 150 ml and 200 ml: large scents.
Chanel's fragrances are world famous and acclaimed. Check the list with the main products of each line:
|Women's||N°5, Coco Mademoiselle, Gabrielle CHANEL, Chance, Chance Eau Fraîche, Chance Eau Tendre, Chance Eau Vive, Coco Noir, Coco, Allure, Allure Sensuelle, N°19 and Cristalle|
|Men's||Bleu de CHANEL, Allure Homme Sport, Allure Homme, Allure Homme Édition Blanche, Platinum Égoïste, Égoïste, Pour Monsieur and Antaeus|
|Les Eaux De Chanel: Fragrances inspired by Gabrielle Chanel's three favourite destinations||Paris-Deauville, Paris-Venise and Paris-Biarritz|
|Les exclusifs de Chanel: 17 perfumes made with rare ingredients, each perfume evokes a chapter in Mademoiselle's history, revealing facets of her creator soul and personal life, celebrating the timeless elegance of the Chanel style||1957, Misia, Jersey, 31 Rue Cambon, Coromandel, Boy Chanel, Eau de Cologne, 1932, No. 18, Bel Respiro, No. 22, La Pausa, Sycomore, Cuir de Russie, Gardenia, Bois Des Iles and Beige|
Origin and originality
As they are imported, expensive products that remind us of sophistication and elegance, Chanel perfumes are the target of many counterfeits. For this reason it is fundamental that the product is bought from reliable suppliers, in order to avoid the risk of buying replicas with the value of original products.
A tip to check the provenance and originality of the product is to check the Adipec (Association of Distributors and Importers of Perfumes, Cosmetics and Similar) stamp of guarantee of provenance and assured quality, which should be affixed to the original product.
Type of applicator
The types of applicator of Chanel perfumes vary according to the perfume version, line and bottle size. They are:
- Spray: Ensures easy and generous application on skin or clothes. Also available as pocket spray, portable and refillable;
- Twist and spray: Portable and refillable, can be easily taken anywhere by simply twisting to retract the sprayer;
- Vaporizer: Provides a very disperse and generous "cloud" of perfume for application on the skin or lining of clothes; also available in the handbag vaporizer version;
- Bottle/drops: In this version for more concentrated fragrances, the cap serves as applicator. After moistening the cap, just press it against the skin or clothes to deposit the perfume.
- Rollerball: Roll-on version of perfumes is available only for 3 ml samples. This model, as well as the handbag bottles, is ideal to carry in your bag or in your travel kit.
(Featured image source: Positive_images / Pixabay)