Welcome back! This time we want to talk to you about cosmetic bags, a must-have product in women's handbags, purses and backpacks, as it allows you to store both make-up and other small accessories.
Cosmetic bags are ideal to take to a party, to work or to an outing, so the market offers many varieties adapted to different uses and styles. You may wonder which brands and models are the best?
Here we will provide you with all the necessary information about this product, so that you can get to know its main features, including its functions, sizes, designs, materials, prices, etc. We will tell you what you need to know to choose the perfect cosmetic case for you, according to your interests.
- 1 Weekly newsletter with the best personal finance tips
- 2 Summary
- 3 The Best Cosmetic Case: Our Picks
- 4 Buying guide: What you need to know about a cosmetic bag
- 5 Buying criteria: Factors that allow you to compare and rate the different models of cosmetic bags
- Cosmetic cases are small cases, suitcases or bags designed to hold make-up. Depending on their size and the number of compartments they have, other personal care and hygiene accessories can also be placed in them.
- There are different types of cosmetic cases, adapted to different uses, needs and styles. The most common are the basic ones, those with compartments or pockets, and the elegant ones, used for more formal events or outings.
- It is important to take into account certain factors before buying a cosmetic bag, such as the different sizes and materials. The use we will give them and the care they need are also relevant aspects when choosing.
The Best Cosmetic Case: Our Picks
Buying guide: What you need to know about a cosmetic bag
What are cosmetic bags and what are their advantages?
Cosmetic cases are very practical to carry in your wallet, purse or backpack, as they do not take up much space. In any case, there are different sizes and capacities, adapted to the use and personal needs of each woman. This product is ideal for carrying make-up and other women's accessories to parties or to work, but also for travel and informal outings.
For this reason, there are a large number of models, materials, formats and designs designed for every style and functionality. Below we will tell you the main advantages and disadvantages of this product, so that you can take into account all its particularities before buying. It is important that you pay attention to every detail to make the best choice according to your needs.
Basic, compartmentalised or elegant cosmetic cases What should you look out for?
- Basic cosmetic cases: These are the most common and simple cosmetic cases, used only to store make-up or other personal accessories. They can come in different sizes, and do not have compartments to divide items by category or use. They are practical for storing a small variety of accessories, but tend to be a little awkward if you put a large assortment of items inside them, as it can be difficult to find them easily if they are mixed together in the same space.
- Cosmetic cases with compartments: These cosmetic bags are ideal for travel, as they have several pockets that allow you to add accessories and divide them into categories so that they don't get mixed up and are better organised. They usually have a similar format to handbags or suitcases. They are also more spacious, as they are designed to store, apart from cosmetics, other accessories needed for longer trips, such as creams, deodorant, shampoo, conditioner, wet wipes or make-up remover, etc.
- Stylish. These cosmetic cases are often used for parties, events and formal outings, and are designed to hold the basic make-up essentials needed for touch-ups. Their materials are more glamorous and sophisticated than those of the other models. They are perfect to keep in small handbags and purses, as they have a small size. They are functional, practical and lightweight, but they are not suitable for adding a lot of items inside, nor are they large in size.
|Materials||Fabric, plastic||Plastic, metal||Leather, suede, patent leather|
|Opening||Zipper, Velcro||Zipper, Velcro||Zipper, magnetic clasp|
|Format||Soft or semi-rigid case||Handbag (semi-rigid) or suitcase (rigid)||Hard case, envelope type|
Buying criteria: Factors that allow you to compare and rate the different models of cosmetic bags
In this last section, we will inform you about the main factors that you should take into account before buying a cosmetic bag, as they will help you to compare, evaluate and draw your own conclusions about this product, in order to choose the most suitable one for you.
Cosmetic bags are made of different types of materials, which determine their style and durability. Here we will tell you about them so that you can take into account their characteristics and choose the most suitable one for you.
- Plastic: Nylon is the most used material for plastic cosmetic bags, as it is resistant to humidity, and it is very practical to clean. Polyvinyl Chloride (PVC) is also used for transparent cosmetic bags, but there are some doubts about its toxicity.
- Cloth: Cloth is often used to make the most basic cosmetic cases, in the shape of a pencil case or pen. It is a practical material to keep in handbags, backpacks and purses, due to its soft, flexible and easily manipulated texture.
- Metal: Metal cosmetic cases have a format similar to travel suitcases, and usually have compartments that unfold in stages. It is a material that must be protected from humidity, as it can rust and be permanently damaged.
- Leather: Leather is often used for the most elegant cosmetic cases, as well as suede and patent leather. It is one of the most expensive materials because of its quality and resistance. The cosmetiqueras of this material normally do not have capacity to keep many things, since its use is more aesthetic.
As there are so many different sizes of cosmetic cases, it is difficult to give exact measurements, but we will give you an approximate parameter so that you can have a reference when buying the model you need.
- 15 x 10. There are basic cosmetic cases that only measure 10 x 15 cm and weigh less than 100 grams. They are very useful to keep in small bags and drawers, they are also very light and practical, although they have little storage capacity.
- 25 x 15. The standard size of a cosmetic bag is usually 25 x 15 cm or 25 x 20cm, approximately. It is a size that allows you to store a lot of accessories inside, and at the same time you don't need a huge handbag or purse to keep it inside.
- 30 x 20. Travel cosmetic cases, with several or many compartments, measure from 30 x 20 cm to 40 x 30 cm, approximately, depending on their capacity and characteristics. Metal ones can be more than 50 cm long, or even longer. The weight varies from 100 grams to 1 kilo or more, depending on the size and materials. It is also important to take into account the size of the pockets or storage compartments, as they are often not related to the size of the cosmetic bag.
There are certain cares that the cosmetic bag requires to extend its useful life, that's why it is important that you take them into account to avoid that it gets broken, damaged or deteriorated. We will tell you about them below.
- Hygiene. Since the cosmetic bag will contain make-up, creams, oils, etc., it is likely that they will open and stain the inside. As these stains tend to be difficult to remove, it is important to clean them as soon as possible so that the dirt does not set in or transfer to the fabric.
- Zips. It is also important to be careful with the opening and closing of the zip, as they tend to open and close quite frequently. Check that they do not get caught in the fabric, plastic or leather so that they do not break or damage the material.
- Overloading. The cosmetic bag should not be overloaded because it can break or become loose. The handles can also be cut by the excess weight, so it is important that there is a relationship between the load and the resistance.
Beyond the aspects we have mentioned, it is essential that you first think about the use you will give to the cosmetic bag, and then look for the most practical one for you. You should think about how often you will use it and what you really need to carry in it.
If you will only be carrying a few make-up items, there is no justification for spending more on a travel cosmetic bag, which will also take up space. The same goes for sophisticated designer ones, which tend to be the most expensive. Will you use them often, do you want to indulge yourself, or will you outgrow them?
If you need to store several accessories inside and you need a large cosmetic bag, the ones with handles are very practical, whether they are suitcases or handbags. The latter also have a shoulder strap system to free your arms.
It is also important that the material is insulating to protect the cosmetic bag from water and humidity, and that it is easy to clean, as it is likely to get stained often. On the other hand, rigid compartments keep accessories tidier and more protected.
(Featured image photo: ymkaaaaaaaa/ pixabay.com)