A cowboy boot for women enhances every shoe wardrobe. The western boot can be combined well with many outfits and can be worn in everyday life as well as in the office. Whether plain in black or brown or in eye-catching colours like white or pink, the cowboy boot is a must-have for every woman.
When buying a good cowboy boot for women, there are a few things you should consider. These include criteria such as the material, shaft height, shaft width and heel height. In the following text, we will go into these criteria and also give you some good tips on care and styling ideas.
- 1 Weekly newsletter with the best personal finance tips
- 2 The Best Cowboy Boots For Women: Our Picks
- 3 Buying criteria: What you should look for when buying cowboy boots for women
- 4 Cowboy boots for women: The most important questions answered
- 4.1 What styles of cowboy boots are available for women?
- 4.2 How do I know if my cowboy boots for women fit well?
- 4.3 How do I care for and clean my cowboy boots?
- 4.4 How do I break in my cowboy boots for women?
- 4.5 Styling tips for cowboy boots for women: How to achieve the perfect cowboy boot look
- 5 Conclusion
The Best Cowboy Boots For Women: Our Picks
Buying criteria: What you should look for when buying cowboy boots for women
Before you decide on a cowboy boot for women, there are a few criteria you can consider. These should help you to choose the right cowboy boot for you. These are the following buying criteria:
- Heel height
- Shaft height
In the next sections, we will explain the above criteria around cowboy boots for women in a little more detail for you.
The original cowboy boot for women is classically made of leather. But even here there are differences. You can choose between smooth leather and suede. The different leathers have very different requirements when it comes to care.
It should be noted that smooth leather is easier to care for than suede and smooth leather is also more resistant to weathering. If you do not want to use genuine leather as a material, you can also choose a leather substitute.
This is especially advisable if you want to make sure that your cowboy boot is vegan. If you want a vegan cowboy boot for women, you should also pay attention to the sole. This is because it is usually also a leather sole.
There are many different colour options. Especially for women, there are special colours for cowboy boots. If you want the cowboy boots for women to be more classic and simple, you can choose colours like black, brown, cognac or beige.
If you would rather stand out, you can choose extravagant colours like turquoise, white or even pink. With such colours you will definitely stand out. But also fringes or an elegant embroidery will definitely enhance your cowboy boot and make it look exclusive.
Pretty much all cowboy boots for women have a small heel. After all, that's what makes the cowboy boot. Nevertheless, it is said that these cowboy boots with a normal heel are flat. But especially for women, cowboy boots with heels are also very interesting.
For small women, cowboy boots for women with a higher heel are also particularly interesting. This will not only make your leg appear visually longer, but will also cheat you out of a few centimetres of height. Cowboy boots with heels start at a heel height of about 7.5 cm.
There are two types of shaft height for women's cowboy boots. You can choose between a long and a short shaft. But you can also choose the width of the shaft individually. A short shaft reaches just above the ankle. You will often find a short shaft on more modern versions of a cowboy boot.
Classically, a cowboy boot reaches to the middle of the calf for women. However, there are also models with a long shaft. These then usually reach below the woman's knee. The width of the shaft depends on your calf. If you have a narrow calf, you should choose a cowboy boot with a narrow shaft. If your calf is rather stronger, you should choose a wide shaft.
You also have different options when it comes to the closure. An original cowboy boot for women, as we know it from the Wild West, has no closure. It only has two small tabs that help you slip into the cowboy boot.
Another option is a lace-up cowboy boot for women. The advantage here is that you can open the boot wide to make it easier to put on. The disadvantage, however, is that lacing up a long boot takes a little time. The most comfortable option is a ladies' cowboy boot with a zip. The zip makes it very easy to put on.
The only question is whether you place more value on comfort when putting on the boot or on the originality of your boot.
Cowboy boots for women: The most important questions answered
In the next sections, we will answer the most important questions about your cowboy boot.
What styles of cowboy boots are available for women?
- Classic cowboy boot for women: The classic cowboy boot for women comes quite plainly in the colours brown, cognac or black. The boot is usually made of smooth leather or suede and the shaft reaches to the middle of the calf or a little higher. The small heel and pointed leather sole are also very typical. The classic cowboy boot often has a decorative seam.
- Modern cowboy boots for women: The modern cowboy boot for women is a version based on the classic cowboy boot. Typical features such as the pointed sole and also partly the decorative stitching have been adopted. These boots are usually made of smooth leather and come in colours such as brown or black.
- Cowboy boots for carnival: Cowboy boots for women can also be worn for carnival. These models take up the original character of the original western boot for ladies. This includes the lace and also eye-catching decorative stitching. In contrast to the classic model, this model is sold in eye-catching colours such as pink, blue, white or green.
Depending on the occasion for which you want to wear the boot, you can choose between the styles listed above.
How do I know if my cowboy boots for women fit well?
- Cowboy boots for women must fit snugly: When you first try on your cowboy boot, it should fit snugly because the leather will widen over time. Therefore, breaking in is the order of the day for the first few days.
- The boot should fit tightly on the foot: Your foot should not slide back and forth in the cowboy boot. However, the boot should not pinch either.
- The toes should not hit the toe: If this is the case for you, you should choose a different size or choose a cowboy boot with a wide boot toe.
If you follow the above points, you should have no problems finding a boot that fits.
How do I care for and clean my cowboy boots?
However, a care grease is not suitable for ladies' cowboy boots made of suede. Here you should use a suitable care spray. You can clean the boots with a damp cloth if there is dust or similar.
How do I break in my cowboy boots for women?
- Break in the boots indoors: If you are in pain, you can simply take the boots off.
- Wear thick socks: Socks are easier on your feet when you break them in, which means less pain for you.
- Use shoe trees: The shoe tree stretches the boot slightly.
- Wear them short and often: This way you spread the pressure on your feet over short intervals, the effect remains the same.
If you follow the points above, you can break in your western boots quite gently.
Styling tips for cowboy boots for women: How to achieve the perfect cowboy boot look
- Cowboy boots and jeans: For a casual everyday look, you can tuck your jeans into your cowboy boots and wear a casual lumberjack shirt or statement shirt with them. If you don't want to look too cowboy, go for boots in white, black or animal print.
- Cowboy boots and skirt: Create a modern style break with a midi skirt and calf-high cowboy boots. You can combine it with a knitted jumper or blouse.
- Cowboy boots and dress: To create a modern and cool look, you can combine the calf-high cowboy boots with a flowing boho dress or blouse dress. The boot looks best with a midi dress.
If you follow these styling tips, nothing will stand in the way of the perfect look.
The cowboy boot for women is very easy to style. Whether you prefer to wear jeans with them or a dress or skirt, the cowboy boot will turn you into a real style icon. You can wear the boot in everyday life as well as in the office.
To enjoy your cowboy boots for women for a long time, you should take good care of them. You should bear in mind that ladies' cowboy boots made of smooth leather require different care than those made of suede. In general, however, you can wipe both variants with a damp cloth if they become dusty.
Cover foto: Rachel Coyne / Unsplash