You don't need to - and shouldn't - go to war with your voluminous hair. It is possible to have beautiful, perfect curls by using the right products for this type of hair. The curl activator is one of them.
And today we will talk about its functionality and end once and for all with all the doubts. Let's find together the perfect curl activator for your hair?
- 1 Weekly newsletter with the best personal finance tips
- 2 First things first
- 3 The Best Curl Activator: Our Picks
- 4 Buying guide: everything you need to know about curl activators
- 5 Buying criteria: What to take into account when comparing different types of curl activator
- 6 Summary
First things first
- The curls activator will act in the memory of your wire so that it can rescue its beautiful format.
- It is a product suitable for women with wavy, curly or frizzy hair. However, it can also be used for straight hair, if combined with other techniques.
- The curls activator is different from the combing cream. Both can be used together. We will teach you along this guide.
The Best Curl Activator: Our Picks
Buying guide: everything you need to know about curl activators
If you dream of beautiful, defined curls, then curl activator is the product you are looking for. It acts in the memory of your wire, rescuing the curly format. Do you want to learn more about this product that will restore your hair's beautiful curl? Come with us until the end!
What is the curls activator for and how does it work?
The activator formula acts on the texture of the thread. And this effect is called memory. In short, this is the product that every woman should use to achieve the perfect curls.
What is the difference between curl activator and styling cream?
While the activator has the aforementioned objectives, acting specifically on the structure and shaping of the wire, the combing cream is a finishing product to untangle and moisturize the hair. The activator is more efficient to leave the curls more defined and perfect, precisely because of its formula.
How to apply the curls activator correctly?
After washing your hair, you can use the combing cream you are used to to untangle your hair. Just be careful not to overdo it. Finally, to use the curl activator, follow these steps:
- To make it easier, separate the hair into four parts and tie them;
- In only one of the parts, divide it in locks and apply the activator in all the extension of the thread in each one of them, without passing it in the roots;
- When this first part is ready, gently knead the hair, helping in the conduction of the curls' modeling. You can also model it with your fingers;
- Repeat the procedure on the other parts of the hair.
Is it possible to use the curl activator on straight hair?
This is why it is not recommended for daily use. It can be an aid to achieve a wavier hairstyle. The curls activator on straight hair can work as a complement to these techniques:
- Roll: Apply the activator to the hair and then secure into rolls. You can use clips or specific accessories.
- Tying: With washed and dried hair, apply the activator lock by lock and tie. You can do a high bun or a braid. When you let go your hair will be wavy, especially if you sleep with your hair tied up.
- Babylissing: You can apply curl activator to each strand before you use the babylisser to set the strand. This will help it set more easily.
Buying criteria: What to take into account when comparing different types of curl activator
Now that you already know the different types of hair fixative spray, you still need to pay attention to a few points to ensure you get the best deal.
Check it out:
The curl activator can be liquid or creamy. There is no better or worse, but the product that suits you. And on this criterion you will need to test, since taste is very individual. Anyway, you can check the opinion of women who have already used it in product reviews on sites like Amazon.
The components of the formula can vary quite a lot, especially with regard to the oils used. The extra benefits promised also change according to each curl activator. While some moisturise more, others focus on offering more shine. Set your priority with the product and always check the formula.
It is not enough to buy just any curl activator, you need to pay attention to details. This is because there are products for different types of curvature of the wires, from wavy to intense curls. The right choice will help to act more precisely, showing better results.
There are various sizes of bottles. Curl activators can be found in small, medium or large size. If you wash your hair daily, you may need a large bottle. Especially if you like to buy online, calculate the cost benefit of the offers and try to find the one that fits best in your pocket, so you do not have to buy several times, saving on shipping.
The curl activator recovers the memory of the hair shaft, restoring its natural curvature. In other words, it intensifies the natural power of the hair shaft. This results in beautiful hair with more control, especially on strands that are already healthy.
Although it may cause confusion, as we have seen, it is different from styling cream. We hope this guide has helped you in your quest for the perfect curls. Share it with a friend who also wants to make peace with their natural curl!
(Source of the highlighted image: lucas da miranda / Pexels.com)