Welcome to the Well-Being Guide! We appreciate your presence here! Today we are going to talk about anti-dandruff shampoo, a product that helps many people in the treatment against this condition.
Despite not being a serious condition, dandruff is a nuisance that must be treated. Luckily for us, the treatment is quite simple and usually just the shampoo is enough!
The good news is that this is a product that is easy to access and simple to use. In the guide below, we will give you all the tips about anti-dandruff shampoo and explain a little bit more about how it works. Let's go?
- 1 Weekly newsletter with the best personal finance tips
- 2 The most important facts
- 3 The Best Dandruff Shampoo: Our Picks
- 4 Buying guide
- 5 Shopping criteria: how anti-dandruff shampoos compare
The most important facts
- Antidandruff shampoo is a specialized shampoo to combat and prevent dandruff. It is a treatment cosmetic, which can be used daily.
- Despite having a special function, the price of anti-dandruff shampoo is not much different from a common shampoo, and it can be found for sale in pharmacies and supermarkets.
- Some of them have active ingredients which also guarantee the nourishment of the hair, which is why they are the most recommended.
The Best Dandruff Shampoo: Our Picks
Dandruff shampoo, for example, is a treatment cosmetic that offers good results and is a great choice for those who suffer from this condition.
In the guide below, we will explain better about its use and answer questions about it.
What is dandruff?
In the case of dandruff what happens is an overload of cell renewal, due to the production of excessive oily secretion.
This overload accumulates on the scalp, requiring an even faster renewal. Thus, there is not enough space for the old cells, and they end up being expelled in large flakes, which is what is called dandruff.
The production of excessive oily secretion happens for several reasons, such as baths with very hot water, frequent use of a cap, stress, hormonal changes and even some chemical treatments.
What is anti-dandruff shampoo?
It has active ingredients that eliminate dandruff flakes and prevent them from reappearing. For people who are frequently suffering from dandruff, continuous use is indicated.
What are the advantages of anti-dandruff shampoo?
Most treatment shampoos focus on acting on the health of the strands, leaving the base in second place.
The anti-dandruff shampoo moisturises, cleanses and cures minor irritations that may appear on the scalp, and of course also ensures shine and lightness and cleanliness for the hair as a whole.
It is very complete and a good choice also for people who do not have dandruff, but are concerned about hair health as a whole.
How to prevent dandruff?
- Wash your hair daily or every other day with warm water, never very hot.
- Always blow-dry your hair. The humidity on the scalp and at the base of the hair can facilitate the proliferation of fungus.
- Avoid applying conditioner to the scalp.
- Do not apply force to your nails when massaging your head. Be careful and use your fingertips.
- Whenever possible, sunbathe in the morning and late afternoon, as this has anti-inflammatory power.
- Avoid frequent use of hats and caps. Hair and scalp need to breathe.
- If you have naturally oily hair, avoid eating fatty foods and sugars. Food has a big influence!
How much does an anti-dandruff shampoo cost?
Although there are some variations according to the brand, this product costs, on average, from £15 to £25. Besides offering a great result, it is still cheap!
Shopping criteria: how anti-dandruff shampoos compare
Dandruff shampoo is a product that not only cleans your hair, but also treats the proliferation of dandruff. It is a treatment shampoo that deals with your hair health, so you should be very judicious in your choice.
To help you in a more detailed analysis, we have selected some points that should be taken into account when making your purchase:
Now that you know which points should be observed, we will explain each of them better.
It is important that you take a look at the composition of any cosmetic before using it, however, in the case of anti-dandruff shampoo it is even more important, since it is a special product.
In addition to the synthetic compounds which help to eliminate and prevent dandruff, observe, for instance, if your shampoo has natural substances which may help moisturize your hair.
Although it is not a product focused on damage recovery, many of them contribute to the hydration of the threads and have elements such as coconut oil, argan oil, shea butter and palmarosa oil.
These, among so many others, are substances that offer very interesting advantages to hair treatment, such as nutrition, hair renewal and scalp protection.
How much it works
This is a small detail that deserves to be analyzed. Since it is a product of daily use, it is important that you observe how much it works and if it is worth investing in the chosen product.
On average, most anti-dandruff shampoos have 200ml to 400ml of content. It is up to you to cross-check the cost benefit of the chosen cosmetic.
Is there a better feeling than leaving the shower with smelling hair? No, right? And anti-dandruff shampoo can also give you moments like that.
When buying, check the smell of your product and see if you like it. There are many mentholated options that provide aroma and refreshing sensation, besides relaxing the skin.
Method of use
As with all cosmetics, it is important that you read the back of your anti-dandruff shampoo. There, in addition to information about the composition of your product, you will also find tips on its ideal method of use.
Some need more time on the hair to act as expected and others ask you to massage the scalp. Stay tuned.
(Source of the highlighted image: Anton Estrada/ Pexels)