Welcome to ReviewBox Brasil. In today's article we will review the super versatile double-sided tape. Practical and efficient, it can have several uses at work, school, to make crafts and even fix more robust items such as pictures, mirrors and carpets.
Follow us in this reading and check out the best product options, as well as the features that you should pay attention to in order to make the best choice of double-sided tape for your projects.
- 1 Weekly newsletter with the best personal finance tips
- 2 Summary
- 3 The Best Double-Sided Tape: Our Picks
- 4 Buying Guide
- 5 Buying Criteria: Factors to Compare Types of Double Sided Tape
- The market offers a multitude of brands and types of double-sided tape. Choose based on the purpose of use.
- Type, width, fixing capacity and indications for use are some characteristics to consider when buying.
- There is a wide price range for the product, depending on the brand and model. It is possible to find versions between £ 3 and £ 50.
The Best Double-Sided Tape: Our Picks
Double-sided tape can have many uses. It is ideal for papers, posters and rubberized, as well as heavy materials such as wood, acrylics, glass and mirrors. Therefore, choosing a product suitable for the material to be stuck is essential. Check our list with a selection of the best double-sided tapes:
Gone are the days when sticking a paper on the wall required cutting and rolling adhesive tape. Gone, too, are the days when hanging a simple picture involved a whole mission with screws, drills and wall plugs.
Today, double-sided tapes are able to hold even heavy objects such as mirrors and clocks. Continue with us to learn all about this practical product, ideal for you to gain time and practicality in everyday life.
What is double-sided tape and what are its advantages?
They have high adhesion and support a lot of weight, and can replace nails and screws to fix pictures, mirrors and decorations.
And the number of advantages is even greater if you compare double-sided with other fixing or assembly methods. Easy to apply and remove, they have a wide variety of fixing capacities, and are very versatile and functional.
Already considered the fastening method of the future, double sided tapes have been increasingly used in domestic and professional environments, as well as in industries. Check the table for more advantages and disadvantages of the product:
Where to use double-sided tape?
This is because there are suitable tapes for each purpose. The outdoor versions are resistant to rain, sun and other weather conditions. Indoor versions, on the other hand, do not offer the same level of resistance, and so on.
In turn, the transparent models are more suitable for materials such as glass and acrylic, as they will provide a more discrete and visually pleasant finish. Therefore, the type of tape chosen will determine the material and place where the product can be best applied.
What uses can double-sided tape have?
- Trouser Bars: Didn't have time to make the clothes bar? Adjust it with the help of the tape;
- Neckline in place: Stick deep necklines and straps that insist on getting out of place with double-sided tape to keep your look impeccable;
- Tidy up: Use a strip of tape to fix phones, keyboards and other items on the desk organized;
- In assembly: Use double-sided tape on power panels, cabinet cabinets, PVC ducts, nameplates and displays and retire the drill.
How to remove double-sided tape from walls and surfaces?
- With isopropyl alcohol: For any surface. Apply alcohol using a cotton pad or cleaning cloth and remove without staining;
- With vinegar and detergent: Prepare the mixture in a glass of water and apply it with a sponge on the stuck tape;
- With a hair dryer: Heat the glued tape until the ends begin to peel off. Remove the remaining tape with your fingernail or a small knife. Remember that this solution is not recommended for testing on glass, which may crack due to excessive heat;
- With cooking oil: Ideal for plastic and glass surfaces. Apply drops of oil over the tape and leave it to act for a few minutes. Remove with a sponge. Finish with alcohol;
- With acetone: Pour small amounts over the glued tape and wait for it to evaporate. After that, the tape will come off easily.
How much does double-sided tape cost and where to buy it?
You can buy your double-sided tape in physical shops specializing in construction materials or stationery, such as Leroy Merlin or Kalunga, for example.
If you prefer to buy online, sites like Amazon and Mercado livre also offer many product options, with the convenience of buying without leaving home.
Buying Criteria: Factors to Compare Types of Double Sided Tape
Finishing this review, we will give you more tips for you to make the right choice of double-sided tape to fix everything you need in your projects in a practical, quick and mess-free way. Check out the list of characteristics that you should pay attention to when comparing the types and models of this product:
- Fixing Capacity
And finally, so that there are no doubts, we will detail these characteristics:
The main types of double-sided tape are:
|Characteristics||Can be transparent, translucent white or opaque||Cushions impacts, has relief effect||Transparent, gives better finish|
|Adhesion capacity||Low to medium||Low, medium and high||Low, medium, high and extra strong|
|Uses||Paper, rubberized, photos and crafts in general||3D effects, crafts or external use (some models)||Internal in frames, glass, mirrors, acrylics, clocks, etc|
Width and length
Another variant of double-sided tapes is the length of the roll and the width of the tape. In general, manufacturers inform these characteristics using tape width in millimeters (mm) X length in meters (m).
There are several brands of double-sided tape manufacturers on the market. Some are pioneers in the production of this type of tapes, and world references in the sector. However, their products may have high value compared to competitors.
Choose according to your preference, taking into account that, although more expensive, the renowned brands tend to come out ahead when it comes to product quality.
Capacity of fixation
Each model and type of tape has its own fixing capacity. To choose the right version you must know the weight and dimensions of the object that will be fixed. The simplest versions, indicated for paper and the like, usually indicate the fixing capacity only as light or strong.
The more robust models, on the other hand, usually indicate in kilograms (kg) or grams (g) the weight supported by each 15 cm of tape; for a safe bonding, never exceed the manufacturer's capacity indications.
(Source of the highlighted image: honglixin / Pixabay)