Welcome. All animal lovers, but especially those who have pets at home, are always looking for the best for them. Therefore, knowing a Flea Shampoo will help you to get rid of these parasites without harming their health, so we will explain it throughout the article. There are undoubtedly many products on the market, performing in different ways depending on the type of pet and its age.
Knowing their characteristics and specifications will help you find the right one to keep your beloved pet free of fleas. You can find this product for both adults and puppies in order not to be aggressive to their skin and coat. Therefore, we will focus on its significance, the prominent buying factors, where we get it and even its value. We hope it will be useful for you.
- 1 Weekly newsletter with the best personal finance tips
- 2 Summary
- 3 Best best Flea Shampoo: Our Picks
- 4 Buying guide: Everything you need to know about flea shampoo
- 5 Purchasing criteria
- A flea shampoo is a product that is focused on fighting and eliminating small animals or parasites that can harm your pet's health and fitness. Regardless of whether you have a dog or a cat, this product has the same effectiveness. The difference lies in their age.
- You can find this pet care product for both dogs and cats in their 3 stages: puppies, youngsters and adults. However, it is important to know how it is made and how effective it can be in order to make the best decision for the health of your beloved one.
- The important factors that need to be taken into account when purchasing this product are: raw materials, production and aroma. By making an objective comparison taking these criteria into account, you can be sure that you will find the right one for your pet.
Best best Flea Shampoo: Our Picks
Buying guide: Everything you need to know about flea shampoo
If maintaining your pet's health is your priority, as well as keeping it free of any parasite pests that may attack it, then you should consider a flea shampoo among its cleaning accessories. For this reason, we will mention in detail its meaning and the most relevant so that your purchase decision is simply perfect.
What is a flea shampoo and what are its advantages?
Currently you find in the market different types of shampoo to eliminate fleas from dogs and cats, depending on their age, is the composition of this product. On the other hand, they are very easy to use and you only need water to use it and to remove it from your pet, sometimes you will have to use it several times.
Flea shampoo for puppies or adults - what to look out for?
- Flea shampoo for puppies. As the name suggests, this product is aimed at pets that are between 12 weeks and 1 year old. It aims to eliminate infestations by bugs such as mites, ticks, fleas, lice, which lodge in their body without damaging both the skin and coat of your pet. As for its composition, although it is effective, it does not contain chemicals that can harm your pet's physical condition. It is necessary to wear gloves and use a large amount of water when removing the product after use. It is advisable not to use it near the nose, eyes and mouth of canines and felines.
- Flea shampoo for young or adult pets. This type of shampoo is designed for dogs and cats over 1 year of age. They exterminate all types of parasites, in addition to generating a protection of up to 4 weeks so that the bugs do not return to your pet. It is also recommended to deworm them to eliminate them internally. The aggressiveness of this product is much greater than that focused on puppies. Its main component is permethrin and synergising substances that act effectively against all types of infestations.
|For puppies||For young and adults|
|Presentation||Bottles of between 250 and 500 ml||Bottles of 500 to 1 litre|
|Age of your pet||Between 12 weeks and 1 year||Older than 1 year|
|Breeds||Small||Medium and large|
|Composition||Natural products||Mainly permethrin and synergising substances|
|Recommendations||Do not use near eyes, nose and mouth||Avoid contact with eyes, nose and mouth|
If for a moment we do not take into account the type of pet this product is intended for and we focus on the most important factors, it is necessary that you carry out an analysis based on these criteria so that your decision is a success. Thinking at all times about your pet. We explain them below.
In general, we can segment the ingredients used for its elaboration, which can be: natural and chemical. Each one offers the effectiveness that is sought in this type of product, which is the extermination of the different parasites such as fleas, lice, mites, among others. We explain them below.
- Natural. This type of ingredients come from natural resources, that is to say, they are extremely healthy for your pet and free of any chemical component. If you have a small breed pet or one that has not reached its first year of life, these products are ideal for you. They can be citrus fruits, plants and flowers such as lavender, eucalyptus, aloe Vera, cintronella mint, among others. You can identify them, as the label carries the legend of 100% natural origin.
- Chemicals. When you use a shampoo that contains mainly permethrin and synergising substances, it is undoubtedly an aggressive product for parasites, but it is not harmful to your dog or cat. If you have a dog or cat older than one year and of medium or large breeds, we recommend that you use a shampoo that contains these ingredients.
Nowadays, more and more people are concerned about both their pets and the environment. Therefore, the number of companies that produce organic products is increasing and this product is no exception. You can also find it in traditional production.
- Organic production. In terms of manufacturing, we can find shampoo that is completely free of pollutants during the production process, as well as having biodegradable packaging and bottles. We recommend them if you are looking for sustainable products at home. You can tell that it is organically produced, as the label makes reference to this process. In addition, all the packaging is biodegradable and it is mentioned inside the packaging that they are zero pollutants from the first process until they are sold.
- Traditional production. In this process, we find a large amount of chemicals involved both in the elaboration and in the processes themselves. If your priority is the effectiveness of the product, we recommend a shampoo with ingredients such as permethrin. Rest assured that it will be effective against fleas.
There is no doubt that this concept is as important to consumers as the type of ingredients and amount of product contained in each bottle. Therefore, we mention the 3 most accepted by users and that are well accepted by pets, regardless of their size and breed.
- Citrus. Within this segment you can find aromas of lemon, lime, and a mixture of citrus fruits including grapefruit and orange. If you are a lover of this type of scent, we recommend a citrus-scented shampoo.
- Herbal. For this concept, there are mint, citronella, eucalyptus, aloe vera, lavender and peppermint scents. If you are looking for a herbal scent as well as insect repellent properties, we highly recommend this type of fragrance in your shampoo
Fruity and sweet. These are fresher scents such as those provided by fruits like strawberry, watermelon, peach, red fruits or a mixture of several of them. If you like this type of scent, we recommend a shampoo with this scent.
Featured image photo. (thamkc/ 123rf.com)