Every home deserves its own personal touch. Minimalist or eye-catching, the floor vases are among the home accessories that can spice up any desired corner. With the help of the unique character of the floor vases, you can transform your home into a feel-good oasis in no time.
Whether indoors or outdoors in the garden, the floor vases can be creatively integrated into any interior design style. For our product comparison, we have taken a close look at different floor vases and worked out the most important aspects.
- 1 Weekly newsletter with the best personal finance tips
- 2 Summary
- 3 The Best Floor Vase in the United Kingdom: Our Choices
- 4 Buying and evaluation criteria for floor vases
- 5 Guide: Frequently asked questions about floor vases answered in detail
- 6 Conclusion
- Floor vases can not only embellish various living areas, but also add a stylish feel to the garden.
- Important buying criteria to consider when purchasing a floor vase are the type of intended use, the shape, the size, the material, the weight and the location of the floor vase.
- Depending on the height and material, you can find different floor vases on the market that belong to different price ranges. Handmade and unique products do not always come with a high price tag.
The Best Floor Vase in the United Kingdom: Our Choices
Buying and evaluation criteria for floor vases
You can only make a quick purchase decision if you have the right buying and evaluation criteria in mind regarding the product you are looking for.
Below we present you with our list of the most important aspects you should consider before buying a floor vase:
- Type of intended use
Type of intended use
Before looking for a floor vase, you should have a clear idea in mind of what you need the vase for, in other words, what needs does the floor vase have to fulfil?
Tip: Create a Pinterest vision board. This way you will not only be inspired, but you will also avoid chaos of ideas and, above all, a wrong purchase!
The right shape of floor vase can show off the magnificence of the flowers of your choice. For this reason, it is especially important to pay attention to this point before buying.
From universal to unusual shapes, the shape of your floor vase will determine whether this is the right home for your bouquet.
Before buying a floor vase, you should also pay attention to the size of the vase. Height, diameter, width and depth play an important role here.
Tall floor vases are impressive when the potential of their height is exploited. Sunflowers, twigs or shrubs with delicate buds are perfect for this.
The rule is: if large plant arrangements must embellish your corner at home, choose a floor vase with a large footprint. The narrow floor vases play together with single flowers for more cosiness and style.
It's not just the shape and size of the floor vase that creates its unique character, but also the material. Whether stainless steel, fibreglass, plastic, porcelain, ceramic or rattan - the material and its colour influence the impression on the floor vase and accordingly on the bouquet.
The classic among the materials is glass. It is known and preferred for its universality. The disadvantage of this material is its transparency, because dirty vase water and traces of lime can be noticeable.
The material that offers variety and at the same time always looks stylish is ceramic. The ease of cleaning is an advantage here.
The porcelain vases bring high quality and nobility to the home. They combine the modern feel with the beauty of the timeless classic style.
The modern raw material rattan wins many plus points when it comes to decoration. Above all, the material is popular thanks to its sustainability. However, a proper care routine is essential here, as rattan does not possess the property of water resistance. In addition, the material has a tendency to form mould.
As far as the colour of the floor vase is concerned, you should bear in mind that the coloured vases must harmonise with the flowers.
The weight of the floor vases can also vary. This criterion is worth mentioning here because it can contribute to the character of the floor vase. Depending on the taste and interior, it is important not to ignore the weight of the floor vase.
Don't forget that water adds to the weight of the floor vase. This can make it much more stable.
Place of installation
In order to avoid making a wrong purchase, you should definitely be clear about where you want to place the floor vase. The areas of use can be varied depending on the size of your home. Possibilities include outdoors, sheltered outdoors or indoors.
Decisive factors in the choice of location are the stability and durability of the floor vase.
The right location can make the floor vase even more eye-catching and emphasise its uniqueness.
Guide: Frequently asked questions about floor vases answered in detail
In this category of our guide, we will present the questions that usually arise during the search for the right floor vase. If you still have question marks in your mind, this is the place where you can finally determine whether the floor vase is the right product for you.
Who is a floor vase suitable for?
- own a large flat (possibly also a garden);
- need a statement for their home decoration game;
- Are fans of dried flowers
- are not necessarily fans of lush bouquets;
- want to show off individual flowers.
Due to their size, floor vases are especially recommended for homes with a more spacious area. In this way, one cannot limit one's choices and can give free rein to one's creativity.
The floor vases can not only beautify interior areas, but also serve as garden decorations. In these cases, it is important to note whether the floor vase is weatherproof, frost-proof and UV-resistant.
What types of floor vases are there?
Looking at the shape, the floor vases can be divided into different categories. So that you don't have to be spoilt for choice when looking for the perfect floor vase, we present our guide "Which shape for which flower":
- Belly-shaped and bottle-shaped floor vases: Such floor vases have one important thing in common, namely a narrow opening. The formula 'less is more' applies here. This means that such vases are very suitable for the presentation of, for example, individual stems or a monstera leaf. Also suitable for pampas grass. The bulbous floor vases with a wider opening can also make your rose bouquet an eye-catcher;
- Conical floor vases: This floor vase is characterised by its slender shape and is a more universal solution;
- Amphora-shaped floor vases: These can not only add a special touch to the living room, but also work well as garden decorations. The floor vase is perfect both for lush bouquets and for planting;
- Cylinder vases: These create the basis for spring-like cut flowers. Whether tulips or peonies, it's up to your taste. This floor vase also provides the perfect home for dried flowers.
The basic rule for the shape of the floor vase is: vases with a slim shape and narrow opening are perfect for single flowers. The most common shape is cylindrical, perfect for dried flowers, fir branches, gladioli and sunflowers.
How much does a floor vase cost?
The following table takes a closer look at the correlation between price range and available products to give you an overview.
|Price range||available products|
|Low-priced (20 - 50 €)||small floor vases (approx. 40cm)|
|Medium-priced (50 - 80 €)||floor vases from 50cm height, also handmade unique pieces available|
|High-priced (from 80 €)||floor vases with heights up to 112 cm, handmade, unusual designs, suitable models for the garden|
From our ranking, we can see that the height of the floor vase is a decisive factor in the formulation of the price. Already under the category of medium-priced floor vases, you can find unique one-of-a-kind pieces. Designer vases with unusual shapes are given the highest prices.
How do I decorate a floor vase?
For a fresh spring feeling, eucalyptus in combination with peonies, for example, is a popular choice. In summer and autumn, the most popular dried flowers (among others pampas grass), but also single flowers, shrubs with delicate buds, sunflowers, monstera leaves and even precious stones and branches are used.
A floor vase gives you the opportunity to creatively and stylishly transform every corner of your home. Depending on the shape, height and material, the different floor vases can adapt to modern, timeless or minimalist needs. Before purchasing a floor vase, it is important to consider the type of use you plan to put it to.
A decisive role in the selection of the shape and height of the floor vase is not only played by the place of installation, but also by the decorative objects that are to provide additional uniqueness. The combination of elegance, quality, functionality and fancy details transform the floor vase into a meaningful accessory for indoor and outdoor areas.
Image: 123rf / 110967351