Are you tired of washing your dishes by hand? Then you might be looking for a dishwasher with an excellent price-performance ratio. With Gorenje, you've come to the right place. The manufacturer offers very solid products at affordable prices, so there is something for everyone. Whether you are looking for an undercounter dishwasher, a freestanding appliance or an integrated dishwasher, you should definitely find what you are looking for. In addition, the company attaches great importance to sustainability, which is clearly reflected in the quality and equipment of the appliances. Thanks to many innovative features, Gorenje can keep up with some of the top manufacturers on the market. With our large Gorenje dishwasher test 2021 we want to support you in your search for the ideal dishwasher. For this purpose, we have compared different Gorenje dishwashers with each other and listed their advantages and disadvantages. This should make your final purchase decision as easy as possible.
- 1 Weekly newsletter with the best personal finance tips
- 2 First of all, the most important facts
- 3 Best Gorenje Dishwasher: Our Picks
- 4 Guide: Questions you should ask yourself before buying a Gorenje dishwasher
- 4.1 What are the advantages and disadvantages of Gorenje dishwashers?
- 4.2 What distinguishes Gorenje dishwashers from other manufacturers?
- 4.3 What is the price range of Gorenje dishwashers?
- 4.4 What is the average energy consumption of Gorenje dishwashers?
- 4.5 What are the alternatives to Gorenje dishwashers?
- 5 Decision: What types of Gorenje dishwashers are there and which one is right for you?
- 5.1 What distinguishes a freestanding Gorenje dishwasher and what are its advantages and disadvantages?
- 5.2 What are the features of a Gorenje dishwasher and what are its advantages and disadvantages?
- 5.3 What are the features of a Gorenje dishwasher with undercounter function and what are its advantages and disadvantages?
- 6 Buying criteria: These are the factors you can use to compare and evaluate Gorenje dishwashers
- 7 Interesting facts about Gorenje dishwashers
First of all, the most important facts
- Gorenje dishwashers are priced in the lower to mid-range, but in terms of features they can certainly compete with some higher-priced manufacturers.
- Gorenje attaches great importance to environmental compatibility in its products - especially in its dishwashers. True to the motto "form follows function", the manufacturer first concentrates on the technically high-quality and environmentally-friendly functions of the dishwashers and only pays attention to the design in the next step.
- The product selection also leaves nothing to be desired. You will find undercounter dishwashers as well as dishwashers that can be integrated or freestanding. So if you are looking for an addition to your kitchen, or are even putting together a new one, it may well be worth considering Gorenje as the manufacturer of your dishwasher.
Best Gorenje Dishwasher: Our Picks
Guide: Questions you should ask yourself before buying a Gorenje dishwasher
What are the advantages and disadvantages of Gorenje dishwashers?
Of course, with the comparatively much lower prices, you can get good performance and innovation, but still not identical to that of rival manufacturers.
What distinguishes Gorenje dishwashers from other manufacturers?
This means that Gorenje has made it its business to first concentrate on technically high-quality and efficient equipment and only then pay attention to an appealing design. The Gorenje dishwashers can also shine with a great energy efficiency of at least A++. Compared to other manufacturers, it can be said that Gorenje may not be the best-known brand for dishwashers, but it can still convince with appealing prices and environmental efficiency.
What is the price range of Gorenje dishwashers?
What is the average energy consumption of Gorenje dishwashers?
This allows Gorenje dishwashers to achieve fantastic cleaning and drying results, while at the same time impressing with very low energy consumption.
What are the alternatives to Gorenje dishwashers?
|Gorenje||With Gorenje dishwashers you will find all the standard and also the common special programmes that are currently available on the market. In addition, the manufacturer attaches great importance to the ecological compatibility of its products, which is why the dishwashers also have very good energy efficiency classes. Gorenje offers all this at comparatively affordable prices.|
|Miele||Miele is one of the top manufacturers on the market for household appliances, including dishwashers. If you're looking for the latest and most luxurious appliance, you're sure to find it here. Miele comes up trumps with its own brand innovations and highlights. However, you will have to dig a little deeper into your pocket.|
Decision: What types of Gorenje dishwashers are there and which one is right for you?
If you have decided to buy a new dishwasher, the next step is to ask yourself: What kind of appliance am I looking for exactly? Basically, of course, it depends on what demands you place on the dishwasher, how your kitchen is set up and where you want to place it. Dishwashers can generally be divided into the following models:
- Freestanding Gorenje dishwasher
- Integratable Gorenje dishwasher
- Gorenje dishwasher with undercounter function
Each type has its own advantages and disadvantages. In order to give you a little insight and ultimately make your purchase decision easier, we have listed these in the following sections:
What distinguishes a freestanding Gorenje dishwasher and what are its advantages and disadvantages?
The big advantage of freestanding dishwashers is their flexibility. These appliances are particularly suitable for kitchens that are no longer completely uniform but already somewhat "thrown together". Because the freestanding dishwashers from Gorenje can be placed wherever you want. So even if you decide to add a dishwasher to your kitchen only after a few years, you can do so without any problems with this type of appliance. In addition, you don't need a worktop for freestanding dishwashers, as the appliance cover is very robust by nature. However, it should also be noted that freestanding Gorenje dishwashers usually have their own uniform design and therefore do not always fit into every kitchen, at least visually.
What are the features of a Gorenje dishwasher and what are its advantages and disadvantages?
What are the features of a Gorenje dishwasher with undercounter function and what are its advantages and disadvantages?
The Gorenje dishwashers with undercounter function are supplied without a top plate, just like the integrated dishwashers. However, the difference here is that the appliance can also be retrofitted, i.e. it does not necessarily have to be purchased in conjunction with the kitchen unit. However, this also means that no matching front panel is included, which is why the dishwasher is clearly more visible from the outside. However, if, for example, an old appliance needs to be replaced, this type can prove quite useful, as the undercounter dishwashers are adjustable in height and can therefore also be retrofitted into a kitchen unit.
Buying criteria: These are the factors you can use to compare and evaluate Gorenje dishwashers
In the following section, we will show you which purchase criteria you should pay particular attention to when choosing your Gorenje dishwasher. These criteria include these points:
In the coming sections, we'll show you in a little more detail what each criterion is all about.
Low water consumption is not only desirable from an environmental point of view, but can also save you a lot of money. Gorenje dishwashers are therefore designed to achieve the lowest possible water consumption. While 12 standard place settings would require almost 100 litres when washing by hand, one of Gorenje's top dishwashers manages with just 6.9 litres per wash cycle. This is due to a special water tank built into the dishwashers.
Analogous to low water consumption, you should of course also aim for low energy consumption with your new Gorenje dishwasher. The good news is that the manufacturer Gorenje attaches great importance to sustainability and has accordingly adapted its entire development to issues such as environmental efficiency and ecological development.
The energy efficiency classes of Gorenje dishwashers are not lower than A++, which can be emphasised as extremely positive. This low energy consumption is achieved, among other things, through innovative additional features.
These include, for example, the Inverter PowerDrive motor or special programmes such as the TotalDry function. The PowerDrive motor offers speed regulation, high performance, lower energy consumption and is also much quieter than other models.
Since your dishwasher is located in your kitchen, which is often the heart of the home, it should not be too noisy. Gorenje has therefore developed dishwashers to make this possible. With the help of the SuperSilent function, Gorenje's quietest appliances are just 41dB loud, which is roughly equivalent to two people whispering.
This is ensured by very efficient sound insulation, special motors, as well as the processing of other high-quality materials.
The maximum noise level of Gorenje dishwashers is just 49 dB, which is still perfectly acceptable, especially in view of the manufacturer's low prices.
The special programmes of your Gorenje dishwasher ensure that you can clean your dishes as efficiently as possible and according to the respective requirements. Depending on the model, you can select the programmes on the display on the front or at the top of the door. Examples of some special or additional programmes are:
- TotalDry: This allows the dishwasher to open automatically after the wash cycle to release the excess hot water vapour, while passing fresh cooler air to the dishes, allowing them to dry faster.
- SmartControl: This feature is designed to make it easier for you to operate your dishwasher. This is achieved through intuitive displays and wash cycles that can be started with a single finger touch.
- SpeedWash in 15 min: As the name of this function suggests, it allows you to start a quick wash cycle of 15 min. This is particularly useful in situations where you have a lot of dirty dishes.
- Automatic programme: With the help of the automatic programme, a certain sensor technology inside your dishwasher recognises what kind of dishes need to be cleaned and adjusts the washing programme so that the cleaning is optimal.
Number of place settings
The number of place settings of a Gorenje dishwasher indicates how much space your appliance has for dishes. One place setting, as defined by the EU, consists of: a dinner plate, soup plate, dessert plate, saucer, cup, drinking glass, as well as a knife, fork, soup spoon, teaspoon and dessert spoon. Gorenje's place settings range from a minimum of 9 to a maximum of 16.
In the largest dishwashers, there is space for two dish racks and a cutlery drawer, which can be cleaned within one wash cycle. In addition, the interior of Gorenje dishwashers can be flexibly rearranged to make loading as easy as possible.
The width of Gorenje dishwashers includes the standard sizes of either 45cm or 60cm. This is responsible, among other things, for how much space your appliance offers for dishes. Another factor to consider is how much space your kitchen has for a dishwasher. So if you don't buy your dishwasher together with a fitted kitchen, you should always pay attention to how big the appliance can be. To give you a better idea of these dimensions, we have put together the following table:
|Width||Promised capacity||Household size|
|45 cm||approx. 9-11 place settings||approx. 1-2 person households|
|60 cm||approx. 12-16 place settings||approx. 3-5 person households|
Interesting facts about Gorenje dishwashers
What should you do if your Gorenje dishwasher does not clean properly?
A bad dishwashing result can have various causes. We have summarised some of them for you here and also explain how you can prevent this from happening in the future:
- The dishwasher needs to be cleaned: Even though it is the job of your dishwasher to clean the dishes for you, the appliance itself also needs to be cleaned from time to time. To do this, you should regularly remove food residues, limescale and small plastic particles.
- Not enough dishwasher salt: Too little dishwasher salt can also be a possible cause of poor cleaning results. This is because the salt is supposed to make the water used in your dishwasher softer, which in turn is related to better cleaning.
- Spray arms are limited: If the spray arms of your machine are prevented from rotating, for example, by a pan lying across or high pots, this can also affect the cleaning result. Therefore, always make sure not to overload your machine.
Of course, there are other reasons for unsatisfactory cleaning, but these three are among the most common.