Welcome! Today we're going to talk about a versatile, practical and beautiful accessory that has no gender or age: the hair band. There aren't many mysteries when it comes to hair bands, however, there are many ways of using them to enhance your hairstyle. In today's guide, we will introduce you to all the benefits, facilities and uses of this accessory which is already an old acquaintance of ours!
- 1 Weekly newsletter with the best personal finance tips
- 2 Firstly, the most important thing
- 3 The Best Hair Bands: Our Picks
- 4 Buying guide
- 5 Purchase criteria: how to compare hair bands
Firstly, the most important thing
- The hair band is a timeless, versatile and cool accessory that can be worn by both adults and children.
- There is more than one type of hair band: the traditional one (with elastic), the turban and the bandana.
- The price of this accessory is very affordable. It costs, on average, between R$15 and R$45 each.
The Best Hair Bands: Our Picks
Hair band: What is it and what are its advantages?
Many children, especially girls, grow up wearing this accessory in their hair. In the case of adults, the headband also dominates the head of women and, even, there are some models that also fall super well in men. The main goal of this accessory is to enhance your hair and face, as well as adding beauty and style to your outfit!
How to use the hair band?
Avoid colours like pink and baby blue, and bet on strong tones, bright prints or neutral colours, such as black. Remember that the hair band is a very casual accessory, ideal to be worn on a daily basis or in meetings between friends. Never wear it at events, parties or formal meetings, ok?
What are the types of hair bands?
- Traditional headband. This model of headband is very famous among children and teenagers. It is made of mesh fabric, has elastic and adapts to the wearer's head. Great to be used to hold your fringes.
- Turban Hair Band. The turban model is a trend among adults. The fabric is slightly wrinkled, it may or may not have elastic, and it has a detail that gives it a special charm: a knot or a central crossing.
- Bandana Belt. The bandana belt is super versatile and can be worn even by men. It is a square scarf that can be folded into a thinner bandanna, or worn as a bandana. Cool, right?
|Traditional headband||Turban headband||Bandana headband|
|Features||Band with elastic||Band that may or may not have elastic, knotted or pierced centrally||Square scarf, which can be transformed into a headband or bandana|
|Who uses||Mostly children, but adult women can also use||Children and women||Everyone|
Where to buy a hair bandanna?
How much does a hair band cost?
Purchase criteria: how to compare hair bands
Although the hair band is a very simple product, it is important to pay attention to its details. There are some factors that can make all the difference when it comes to your purchase:
Now, we will explain each of them a little better.
Opt for options that provide you comfort. Some bands, especially the elastic ones, may squeeze your head and ears a lot, and that ends up making you stay a little bit of time with it in your hair.
Issues like colour and pattern are very personal, and you should make the choice based on your taste. However, it's nice to prioritize shades that stand out in your hair. If you have black hair, a full band of that colour will disappear in your strands. The same goes for blondes or redheads. The cool thing is to choose a tone or a pattern that highlights not only your hair but also your face. If possible, try before buying to ensure the best choice.
Be careful not to buy a size that is too big or too small, especially in the case of elastic bands. There are different sizes for children and adults.
Everything that is made of fabric should have a good finish, including the hair band. Take a look at the stitching of your accessory and make sure there are no loose threads or corners, ok?
(Featured Image Source: Ezekixl Akinnewu/ Pexels)