Welcome to our big lavender soap test 2022. Here we present all the lavender soaps we have tested. We have compiled detailed background information and added a summary of customer reviews on the web.
We would like to make your purchase decision easier and help you find the best lavender soap for you.
You will also find answers to frequently asked questions in our guide. If available, we also offer interesting test videos. Furthermore, you will also find some important information on this page that you should be aware of when buying lavender soap.
- 1 Weekly newsletter with the best personal finance tips
- 2 Summary
- 3 The Best Lavender Soap: Our Picks
- 4 Guide: Questions you should ask yourself before buying a lavender soap
- 5 Decision: What types of lavender soap are there and which is right for you?
- 6 Buying criteria: Use these factors to compare and rate lavender soap
- 7 Facts worth knowing about lavender soap
- Lavender soap is good for gently cleansing the face or body.
- Lavender has a calming effect and also has an anti-inflammatory effect. So you can also use it on impure skin.
- You can also make lavender soap at home very easily. You only need a few ingredients.
The Best Lavender Soap: Our Picks
Guide: Questions you should ask yourself before buying a lavender soap
What is lavender soap good for?
Lavender soap can be used for mild cleansing of the face, body and hands. The nourishing effect of the plant extracts it contains soothes and relaxes.
Can I make my own lavender soap at home?
Does lavender soap have any special active ingredients?
Although lavender is actually known as an ornamental plant, it naturally possesses special active ingredients. To protect itself from insects and diseases, the lavender plant has its own defence mechanisms.
The scent of lavender is pleasant and has a calming effect. It can calm you down if you are often nervous or restless. In the evening, lavender helps you to fall asleep.
We also use these essential oils to benefit from the healing properties of lavender. As lavender has an anti-inflammatory effect, it is particularly suitable for skin diseases or impure skin.
The anti-inflammatory effect of lavender can also help with impure skin. Skin texture can improve and clear up with regular use of lavender soap.
Does lavender soap help with skin problems?
Contrary to what is often assumed, the use of soap does not damage the pH layer of the skin. Washing the face with soap cleanses the skin just as much as it disinfects and soothes the skin.
Natural lavender soaps cleanse the skin particularly well. Natural soaps contain no chemicals and are better for your skin.
What are the alternatives to lavender soap?
Soap itself comes in many different varieties. Depending on your preferences, you can find a soap that suits you.
Facial soap can be used to thoroughly cleanse the face. It is specially formulated for this purpose and is gentle on the skin.
Hand soap can be used to wash your hands. It is available in both liquid and solid form.
Hair soap is used to wash your hair. There are special soaps for each hair type to meet the needs of the hair.
Decision: What types of lavender soap are there and which is right for you?
When buying lavender soap, you can choose between two different types:
- Liquid lavender soap
- Solid lavender soap
The handling or function of the two different types, each bring advantages and disadvantages. Depending on what you prefer, one of the types of lavender soap is more suitable for you.
What are the characteristics of liquid lavender soap and what are its advantages and disadvantages?
Liquid lavender soap is easy to use and is, as the name suggests, liquid. In terms of how it works, liquid lavender soap is the same as solid lavender soap.
What distinguishes solid lavender soap and what are its advantages and disadvantages?
Solid lavender soap is very economical. You can take it everywhere and it has no packaging. This makes it particularly sustainable.
Solid soap is especially suitable if you want to avoid plastic and packaging.
Buying criteria: Use these factors to compare and rate lavender soap
To make it easier for you to make a decision when buying a lavender soap, we have listed important criteria for the purchase here.
In summary, these criteria are:
- Country of origin
In the following paragraphs, we will explain to you what is particularly important with regard to these criteria.
The best soaps are those with mainly natural ingredients that have a nourishing effect. You should avoid soaps with chemical components, such as sulphates or parabens, or microplastics, as they can damage your skin.
When buying lavender soap, you should pay special attention to the ingredients of the soap.
Lavender soap is available in liquid or solid form. The form of lavender soap you buy depends on your preferences. You can decide whether you prefer to use liquid or solid soap.
With solid soap, you can often choose between different designs. Although soap is often sold simply in blocks or larger pieces, you can sometimes find lavender soap in heart or other shapes.
You should also consider the size of the soap when buying lavender soap. The size is not particularly relevant for use, but you should consider it in relation to the price.
If you use the soap often and a lot, a larger bar of lavender soap may be suitable for you. You can also buy a larger bar and share it.
Country of origin
The country of origin of the soap can be an important criterion for you if you attach a lot of importance to this criterion.
Lavender soaps from the French Provence are particularly popular. There, lavender soaps have a special status and are known as a quality product.
If you want to buy a lavender soap, it does not necessarily have to be produced in France. Lavender soaps are also produced in other countries with high quality.
Facts worth knowing about lavender soap
How do I make my own lavender soap?
Making lavender soap is actually quite simple.
First, check if you have all the ingredients at home. If not, you can order them online or buy them at the drugstore. Some ingredients may be harder to find than others, but many can be found in shops near you.
Here is a simple recipe for making lavender soap (source: talu.com/lavender-soap-make-it-yourself/):
- 500 gram coconut oil
- 500 grams olive oil
- 600 grams rapeseed oil
- 520 millilitres distilled water
- 220 grams of sodium hydroxide
- 50 millilitres of lavender oil
- 1 handful of dried lavender flowers
- First, melt the fat. Put the coconut oil, olive oil and rapeseed oil in a pot and heat it to 60 degrees. You can use a kitchen thermometer to measure the temperature.
- While you are heating the fat, you can prepare the lye. Mix the sodium hydroxide solution slowly and carefully with the distilled water.
- As soon as the sodium crystals dissolve, the mixture heats up by itself. You can tell by the vapours that rise. Be especially careful during this step and take care not to inhale the vapours.
- Now boil the soap. Slowly pour the sodium hydroxide into the pot with the heated oils. Stir with a wooden spoon until the ingredients become a thick mass.
- Finally, add the lavender oil and lavender flowers. Finally, stir the mixture again. You can soak the lavender flowers in a little olive oil beforehand. They will then not be so coarse in the soap.
- Now you can pour the warm soap into the moulds. Leave the soap to harden in the fridge or in front of the door. And your soap is ready.
What different types of lavender soap can I make?
You can also get creative when making your own lavender soap. You can add any ingredients to the lavender recipe above and make your own soap creations.
Here you can find a tutorial on how to make camomile lavender soap:
You can find many great soap recipes on the internet and there are no limits to your creativity. Feel free to try out new things and see which soap recipe you like best.
Can lavender soap be used as a hostess gift?
Especially homemade lavender soap can be a great hostess gift. But purchased lavender soap also makes a great gift.
Since lavender soaps come in different shapes, you can find something for every occasion.
It is especially good as a souvenir from your holiday. Markets and souvenir shops often have homemade or locally produced lavender soaps, so you can buy them anywhere and bring them back to your loved ones as a local souvenir.
But homemade lavender soap also makes a great hostess gift. If you want to bring something homemade, lavender soap is perfect. It is quick and easy to make and can be personalised.
Photo source: 123rf.com / Khlapushyna N.