You are very welcome! One of the big highlights in the interior design market is the LED strip. In addition to collaborating with the lighting, it provides beauty and modernity to the environment.
If you want to know more about LED strips and understand how they can bring life to your home or commercial environment, stay with us! In this article, we explain everything you need to know about this accessory!
- 1 Weekly newsletter with the best personal finance tips
- 2 Summary
- 3 The Best LED Tape: Our Picks
- 4 Buying guide: What you need to know about LED strip
- 5 Purchase criteria: Factors for choosing an LED strip
- 6 Conclusion
- LED strips can be used in all kinds of environments and are always capable of changing the face of the decoration.
- There are cool white LED strips, which give a modern and sober impression, yellowish or warm white, more intimate, and coloured, ideal for modern and stripped sensations.
- It is possible to install LED strips that only help with the decoration or that also help with the lighting of the room.
The Best LED Tape: Our Picks
Buying guide: What you need to know about LED strip
What is an LED strip and what is it used for?
The most common places for LED strips to be installed are moldings, handrails, steps, stairs and mirrors. They are hardly the primary light sources in a room, but they do collaborate with the generation of differentiated and colourful lighting.
How do LED strips work?
You can install them according to the surface you plan to light. There are LED strips that run on battery and others that need an electrical source. For the latter, make sure there is an outlet nearby.
What are the advantages of LED strip lights?
LED strips are versatile, matching all rooms and environments, sustainable and do not get hot. Some models are already compatible with smart homes and virtual assistants such as Alexa and Siri. Unfortunately, there are also some drawbacks to LED strips: They offer few colour variations and many models are not resistant to rain and other agents of nature, making them unsuitable for outdoor areas. See a table with advantages and disadvantages of LED strips:
What are the colours of LED strips?
- Cold white LED strip light: This is a highly recommended strip for those who need sophistication and sobriety in the environment. It emits an entirely white and very striking light.
- Warm white or yellowish LED strip light: It emits a type of yellowish light that is similar to that of incandescent light bulbs. The power consumption is higher, but it is ideal for those who want intimate environments.
- RGB LED strip light: RGB stands for "red, green and blue". This LED strip emits the three colours in varying lighting patterns. It is great for those who want a more modern and relaxed atmosphere.
Are LED ribbons ideal for all environments?
At home, it is possible to give an impression of sobriety, with cool white strips, or modernity, with RGB strips in various patterns, constantly on or flashing. Everything is a matter of choice and the rooms in question. The use of LED strips can be even more creative in commercial environments. How about giving an extremely intimate character to the bathroom of a restaurant? Generate a beautiful sense of modernity in an electronics shop?
Make your doctor's office look even more professional? With the diverse patterns and styles of LED strips, you can do it all!
Purchase criteria: Factors for choosing an LED strip
Are you no longer in any doubt that you want to decorate your home or business premises with LED strips? Great! It's time to discuss the most important criteria for choosing a model.
Before you buy your LED strip, know where you will install it and have the correct measurements. This way, you will be able to choose the nearest size roll. Most of the strips available on the market are 5 metres long, which is already large enough for many installations.
But there are smaller versions, ideal for small stairs and small rooms, and larger ones. It is possible to find rolls of up to 15 metres. Don't forget to check the proximity between the installation site and the electrical network.
There are two main wattages of LED strips: 4.8 W and 7.2 W.
4.8W LED ribbons do not have much use for lighting. The main feature is room decoration, but there is always a need for other light sources nearby. Those who prefer the LED strips to collaborate with the lighting should opt for 7.2 W models. In large rooms, you may still need the help of other lamps, but the effect created in environments such as bathrooms and stairs can be very beautiful.
Ease of control
Who wants to modernise his environment needs to rely on increasingly technological accessories. There are many LED strips controlled by remote control and with varied buttons, which help to vary speed, continuous or alternating brightness and to stop the lighting whenever necessary.
An even better idea is to have an LED strip compatible with smart homes or even specific virtual assistants. This way, you can have control from proprietary apps or by voice.
For you to be sure that you have chosen a quality LED strip, look at what certificates it has. The authorization of INMETRO is essential and must appear in the technical criteria. It is possible to find several low quality LED strips and without certifications in street stores, but the price below average is also reflected in poor durability. Choosing such a model will probably make you lose money in the long run.
Those who wish to have a versatile, cheap, beautiful and efficient decoration can opt for LED strips. Depending on the colours and power, they are capable of giving an impression of modernity, sobriety or even an intimate character to the environment.
You can buy LED strips that are controllable by remote control or even by voice if you have a smart home system. No matter whether in your home or in a commercial environment, the use of such accessories can transform the decor.
(Featured image source: AbigailGina / Pixabay.com)