Welcome to our big Liquid Smoke Test 2021. Here we present all the Liquid Smokes we have tested in detail. We have compiled detailed background information and added a summary of customer reviews on the internet. We would like to make your purchase decision easier and help you find the best Liquid Smoke for you. You will also find answers to frequently asked questions in our guide. If available, we also offer interesting test videos. Furthermore, you will also find some important information on this page that you should definitely pay attention to if you want to buy Liquid Smoke.
- 1 Weekly newsletter with the best personal finance tips
- 2 Summary
- 3 Liquid Smoke: Our Picks
- 4 Guide: Questions you should ask yourself before buying Liquid Smoke
- 4.1 What is Liquid Smoke?
- 4.2 Who is Liquid Smoke suitable for?
- 4.3 Is Liquid Smoke unhealthy?
- 4.4 Is Liquid Smoke vegan?
- 4.5 For which dishes is Liquid Smoke suitable?
- 4.6 What is the shelf life of Liquid Smoke?
- 4.7 In what size should I buy Liquid Smoke?
- 4.8 What does Liquid Smoke cost?
- 4.9 What alternatives are there to Liquid Smoke?
- 5 Buying criteria: You can compare and evaluate Liquid Smoke based on these factors
- 6 Trivia: Facts worth knowing about Liquid Smoke
- Liquid Smoke is smoke in liquid form and is obtained from burning wood in the manufacturing process. Adding Liquid Smoke gives food a smoky flavour without having smoked the food first.
- Although Liquid Smoke gives your food a smoky flavour, it does not make your food last longer as it would with traditional smoking.
- Grocery shops only carry a very limited range of Liquid Smoke types. That's why we recommend buying Liquid Smoke online. On Amazon and co. you will find a large selection of different brands.
Liquid Smoke: Our Picks
Guide: Questions you should ask yourself before buying Liquid Smoke
What is Liquid Smoke?
No wood or stove is needed for this process.
Many manufacturers rely on Liquid Smoke because the production of smoked food is complex and expensive. For example, nowadays you can find many foods in supermarkets with the label "smoked" without them ever having been smoked.
Who is Liquid Smoke suitable for?
Adding Liquid Smoke does not make your food last longer, as it does with normal smoking.
Is Liquid Smoke unhealthy?
Is Liquid Smoke vegan?
For which dishes is Liquid Smoke suitable?
As already mentioned, Liquid Smoke is also suitable for preparing fish. Especially for salmon, Liquid Smoke can be used as a marinade. Cocktail lovers will especially love this tip. Because Liquid Smoke is wonderfully suitable for alcoholic drinks and makes quite an impression. One or two drops give your drink a very special taste. These are distributed in the glass before pouring and then poured away again. The smoky taste remains. This is especially recommended for tequila and whisky.
What is the shelf life of Liquid Smoke?
In what size should I buy Liquid Smoke?
What does Liquid Smoke cost?
What alternatives are there to Liquid Smoke?
Buying criteria: You can compare and evaluate Liquid Smoke based on these factors
Pure Liquid Smoke consists only of smoke and water. However, the ingredients can also include other spices. These include salt, vinegar or soy sauce, for example.
You have to find out which Liquid Smoke is suitable for you by trying it out yourself.
As described above, the quantity depends on personal consumption. For private use, it depends on the dishes and the frequency with which the Liquid Smoke is to be used. For occasional use at the barbecue, the 100 ml bottle is perfectly sufficient. If you grill very often and on a large scale, 100 ml will not be enough in the long run and you should use more. Larger Liquid Smoke bottles can be found from one to two litres. This size is ideal for commercial use.
Trivia: Facts worth knowing about Liquid Smoke
How do I dose Liquid Smoke?
When it comes to dosing Liquid Smoke, less is more. In general, only half a teaspoon of Liquid Smoke should be used for any food. Since the perfect dose varies according to taste, add just a little of the Liquid Smoke at first and top it up afterwards. The following table gives you an overview of the dosage of Liquid Smoke.
|Pulled Pork||1 teaspoon|
|BBQ Sauce||1 teaspoon|
|Burger Patties||2 teaspoons|
|Oven Smoked Pork Roast||3 tablespoons|
As you have seen in the table, for most dishes, one teaspoon of Liquid Smoke is enough to add a smoky flavour to your dish.
How should Liquid Smoke be used?
When using Liquid Smoke, it is important to pay attention to the dosage. If Liquid Smoke is in the dish, you will taste it immediately. As already mentioned, less is more and tasting is the order of the day. Liquid Smoke is placed in a separate bowl when baking. When heated, the Liquid Smoke rises from under the aluminium foil and settles on the meat. However, Liquid Smoke can also be spread directly on the grilled food. For soups or marinades, simply add a few drops directly.
How do I store Liquid Smoke?
Storing Liquid Smoke is quite simple. It should be stored well sealed in a dry and cool environment.
Image source: Taylor/ flickr.com