Hello and welcome to Monderosmart! We know that tidiness at home or in your business is very important and therefore we want to introduce you to the best magazine racks out there. So if you have a lot of magazines scattered around your home or you have a business and you want to offer a light reading to your customers, this article will help you a lot.
We care that you are well informed about the products you are interested in buying so you can count on an article to guide you before you make your purchase. So, without further ado, why don't we get straight to the point and find out what makes a magazine rack a quality product? Join us!
- 1 Weekly newsletter with the best personal finance tips
- 2 Summary
- 3 The Best Magazine Rack: Our Picks
- 4 Buying guide: What you need to know about magazine racks
- 5 Buying criteria
- The magazine rack is a home or office item that serves to store magazines, books, notebooks and papers in an organised and aesthetically pleasing way. The main advantage it gives you is to be able to manage your space better and offer your guests a light reading through magazines.
- There are two types of magazine racks and depending on the type you will be able to accommodate them better in your space: conventional magazine racks and magazine racks with a shelf structure. Conventional magazine racks are more commonly used for home purposes while shelf magazine racks are more popular in offices.
- The criteria and buying factors you need to consider when purchasing your magazine rack are the shape of the rack; whether it is X-shaped, file or upright, the material it is made of and the design with which the magazine rack is intended to be arranged.
The Best Magazine Rack: Our Picks
Buying guide: What you need to know about magazine racks
We will now explain the main features of the magazine rack so that you can better understand how it works and how you can get the most out of it. You will also learn about the types of magazine racks that exist, how much they cost and where to find them. You'll also learn what types of magazine racks exist, how much they cost and where to find them - everything you need to get yours!
What is a magazine rack?
A magazine rack is a functional item for the home or office and is mainly used to arrange magazines in an aesthetically pleasing way so that they do not look cluttered. The magazine rack is an extremely popular item in shops where customers have to wait for a certain amount of time as they can choose one of the many magazines placed in the magazine rack.
What are the advantages of the magazine rack?
This product offers many advantages to the user, especially in terms of space organisation and multifunctionality. For example, by having a magazine rack you can forget about picking up magazines scattered everywhere as it can be problematic not to have a specific place to place them. Additionally, the magazine rack will help you organise more than just magazines. Don't worry, we know that the priority of this product is to store magazines but it can be used as a filing cabinet for important documents or even books and notebooks. It's all about getting creative, don't you think?
Conventional magazine racks and shelf magazine racks?
When you want to buy a magazine rack, you need to know that there are two types of magazine racks, the conventional structure and the shelf structure. It is important to differentiate between them because they have different purposes and above all different sizes. Believe us when we tell you that this is important, especially if you live in a small place.
Conventional magazine racks. These are the easiest to accommodate and above all to move. Thanks to the lightweight structure, these magazine racks can be placed anywhere and easily transported to the other side of the house or business. The average size is 50 cm high by 30 cm wide. Perfect for small locations.
Shelf magazine racks. On the other hand, there are the shelf magazine racks which are much larger than the conventional ones. On average they can be up to 1.60 metres high and one metre wide. The purpose of these magazine racks is to display and show off magazine covers instead of just storing them.
|Conventional magazine rack||Shelf magazine rack|
|Arrangement form||Row or overlapping||Vertical with front cover|
|Average size||50 cm high x 30 cm wide||1.60 m high x 50 m wide|
|Number of magazines to be stored||Between 8 and 30||Between 12 and 48|
|Purpose||Storage of magazines and archives||Magazine presentation|
How much does a magazine rack cost?
In terms of price, a magazine rack is a relatively inexpensive product compared to other household products. To give you an example, a low to moderately priced magazine rack can be found from 200 MXN to 350 MXN. Quite reasonable for something that will improve the arrangement of stationery in your home.
However, as with all products, there are also some that are much more expensive. The variation in price is mainly due to the materials the magazine rack is made of and the size of the product. In the case of the high priced ones you can get them from 1,000 MXN up to 1,800 MXN.
Finally and to finish the review, we want to introduce you to the factors and criteria you need to consider if you want to be satisfied with your purchase when buying a magazine rack. We often forget that we buy products to satisfy our needs and we end up buying something that doesn't work for us.
The shape of your magazine rack is perhaps the most important factor you need to consider before buying it. But why? Well, quite easily, the shape of the magazine rack will allow you to store a greater or lesser number of magazines. Also, depending on the shape, magazines and files are better preserved.
- X" shape. X-shaped file cabinets come in two types, X curved and X straight. The arrangement allows magazines to be placed diagonally so that the user can identify the type of magazine placed without the need to remove it from the magazine rack completely. However, they also damage the ends of the magazines if they are removed regularly.
- File cabinet shape. You can get your magazine rack in the shape of a file cabinet. The magazines are arranged vertically with the spine of the magazine facing outwards. An advantage of this shape is that you can store a large number of magazines and they are not easily damaged. However, as the cover is not visible, the type of magazine cannot be distinguished.
- Vertical shape. This form of magazine rack is very popular in offices thanks to the sobriety it offers. It is usually divided into two or three sections and can accommodate almost 10 magazines per section. However, the position is vertical with the cover facing the front so that only the first magazine stored will be distinguishable.
Material of manufacture
Does the material matter? Answer; Yes and very much so, but why? Answer: Durability. Many users are looking for products that will last for a certain period of time without damage or wear and tear. As you know there are many materials that products are made of and in the end it is what will make the magazine rack last five months or five years.
- Metal/Steel. Without a doubt, the most resistant materials for making products of any kind are metal and steel. Because they are so rigid in nature, they allow the magazine rack to withstand knocks and falls without being severely damaged. The only point to consider is the maintenance required to prevent rusting.
- Plastic. The famous plastic... So loved and hated at the same time, but at the end of the day a material that is still used to produce items including magazine racks. This material is also resistant and if not ask our Earth what it thinks about it, yes, it generates pollution and is not very resistant to shocks.
- Cardboard. Hard cardboard magazine racks are an excellent option if you want to be friendlier to the planet and are also quite aesthetic and even "hipster" if we can call them that. However, cardboard is a material with very limited durability and even less strength. But they would look great in your living room.
Design for the arrangement
Finally, the last factor that we recommend you to consider if you are about to buy a magazine rack is the layout design. At this point you will have to think not only about the magazine rack but also about the space where you are going to place it. So it's time to keep in mind the size of your home and office.
- Designed for floor level. As the subtitle says, these are the ones that have a firm base that sits at floor level and can stand without falling over. If you have a small space they are great but be careful because if they are placed incorrectly it is possible that someone could trip over them. Ideally they should be placed in a corner.
- Designed for the wall. On the other hand, keep in mind that you will see many magazine racks that have the option to be mounted on a wall by means of screws. If you have an office and want to display content in the magazine rack these are an excellent option, plus no one will trip over them because they come with a mobile phone. So now you know, the next time you want to buy a magazine rack remember what you learned in this review, that way you will be satisfied with your product. We say goodbye, but not before inviting you to keep reading. We hope you enjoy your magazine rack, see you next time!
(Featured Image Photo: StockSnap / Pixabay)