Many women say that a good quality makeup remover is just as important as the makeup itself. Women look for the best products that, in addition to giving perfect results, take care of their skin. What some women often do not take into account is that, in order to maintain healthy and clean skin, makeup removal is essential. Today we have come to talk to you about this and offer you some guidance.
During the night, after all day blocked by makeup, the pores of your skin need to rest and breathe. For this to happen effectively, the choice of makeup remover that best suits your skin is fundamental. Once you've chose and bought the right product, a series of steps will must be followed for a perfect cleansing routine. In the following guide we will explain everything to you about makeup removal.
- 1 Weekly newsletter with the best personal finance tips
- 2 Summary
- 3 The best makeup removers: Our Picks
- 4 Shopping Guide: Everything you should know about makeup remover
- 4.1 What is a makeup remover and what advantages does it have for the skin?
- 4.2 What types of makeup removers are there?
- 4.3 What skin types are there and how do I know what my skin looks like?
- 4.4 What routine should I follow when using a makeup remover?
- 4.5 What are the most common errors when it comes to makeup removal?
- 4.6 What is the best time to remove makeup?
- 4.7 Is it advisable to apply another product after the makeup remover?
- 4.8 How do I know if a makeup remover gives me allergies?
- 5 Shopping Criteria
- 6 Summary
- The elimination of toxins from the body naturally occurs while we sleep, especially between 2 and 4 in the morning.
- One of the key elements in your facial care routine should be cleanliness. The skin rests during the night to enable it to look radiant in the morning.
- When choosing a new makeup remover, factors such as skin type, product ingredients and makeup use must be taken into account to select an appropriate product.
- Today there are many different types of makeup removal products, such as wipes, milks, foams or micellar waters.
The best makeup removers: Our Picks
There is a wide variety of makeup removal products available on the market. This is both good and bad. The good side? You can find products that are perfectly suited to the needs of your specific skin type. The bad side? As there are so many options available, sometimes you don't know which one to choose. Below we have prepared for you a selection of the best makeup removers on the market.
Shopping Guide: Everything you should know about makeup remover
Knowing our skin and the care it needs, finding the perfect makeup remover is a complicated and difficult task. This task is made much less easier with the excessive number of products available to choose from. In following section we will answer some of the most frequently asked questions from women when it comes to makeup remover.
What is a makeup remover and what advantages does it have for the skin?
While it's important for the skin's pores to breathe during the night, there are other advantages to adding makeup remover to your routine. For example, makeup remover products, in addition to removing the actual makeup, cleanse the skin of other impurities. Without cleaning your skin properly you will end up with blackheads and imperfections on your skin.
What types of makeup removers are there?
- Cleansing milk: if you have dry or sensitive skin, this is your ideal product. The cleansing milk will not dry out your skin and will significantly help to keep it well toned.
- Micellar water: this water solution cleanses the face and removes impurities without adding oil or drying out the skin. This type has an ideal balance for any skin type.
- Cleansing soap: the sensation of freshness and cleanliness achieved with the use of a cleansing soap also makes it suitable for all skin types. This type is especially beneficial for mixed or oily skin, which always tends to be heavier.
- Two-phase makeup remover: made with a mixture of makeup remover and oil to remove all types of makeup, including waterproof makeup.
- Make-up removal wipes: ideal to use when you don't have a lot of time to remove makeup. There are wipes designed for every skin type.
As you can see from the different types of makeup remover available, we didn't lie when we said there was a lot to choose
from, did we? The secret to making the right choice is to know your own skin type and the type of makeup that you use. By knowing these two important aspects, you will have a far better chance of choosing the correct makeup remover.
What skin types are there and how do I know what my skin looks like?
|Dry skin||Rough, tight and dull.||Cleansing agents with good moisturising properties.|
|Normal skin||Not too dry or too oily.||Makeup remover that does not alter the skin's natural balance.|
|Oily skin||Lots of shine and visible pores.||Makeup remover with exfoliating properties.|
|Mixed skin||Oily on the forehead, nose and chin yet dry on the cheeks.||Specialised makeup removers for mixed skins that do not dry out the skin further and without greasy components.|
In order to know your skin type it is important to differentiate between type and state of your skin. The type of skin you have does not vary, while the condition (or state) depends on external factors such as pollution, climate or stress. Therefore, you should observe your skin at different times of the year to come to an accurate conclusion about your natural skin type.
What routine should I follow when using a makeup remover?
- Wet your face with clean water. This removes the surface layer of impurities and the makeup remover will apply better.
- Start with the area around your eyes. If you need a cotton pad, remember to use a different cotton pad for each eye.
- Now the rest of the face. If you use a cotton pad, ensure it is a different pad from the one you used to remove makeup from your eyes. If you remove makeup with your hands, wash them thoroughly before removing the makeup.
- Use a cleansing soap to finish cleaning the skin and to remove any impurities that may have remained.
- Finally, a light coat of tonic helps to close the pores and promotes the absorption of nutrients.
What are the most common errors when it comes to makeup removal?
We are sure that you rarely forget the neck when applying makeup, but how often do you actually remove makeup from this area of your body? You probably follow the old trick of matching with makeup tone of the face and neck to avoid the dreaded "mask effect". If you use makeup on your neck, ensure that you remove the makeup from that area at the end of each day.
Other common mistakes include using water that is too hot or too cold, or not rinsing the face well enough. Although it may seem strange, women often make many mistakes when drying themselves after a face wash or a shower. It is important that you do not drag the towel over your face, as this will irritate the skin. It is far better to gently dab the towel with soft touches on the face.
What is the best time to remove makeup?
The reason that it is so damaging to your skin to sleep with makeup on is because makeup clogs your pores and doesn't let your skin breathe normally. This is one of the most common causes of the appearance of spots, increased visibility of pores, dryness or falling eyelashes.
Is it advisable to apply another product after the makeup remover?
Moisturising cream is the icing on the cake. The texture, the moisturising properties and the relaxing effect of a moisturiser will close your daily facial cleansing routine and is the final touch to the process of removing makeup. With both of these two complimentary products, it's important to choose the right tonic and cream for your skin type.
How do I know if a makeup remover gives me allergies?
In fact, there are times when we don't even think they are symptoms of an allergy. Common symptoms include the appearance of acne breakouts, inflammation or irritation of the eyes and spots, scabs or scales on the skin. Sometimes the only thing we will notice is a slight discomfort or burning sensation.
When buying a new cosmetic product, such as makeup remover, it is very important that you take certain factors into account when buying one. Below, we elaborate on the main aspects that you should consider when buying your makeup remover. By following this shopping criteria closely, you will make sure that you are making the right choice with your purchase.
We have already mentioned the importance of skin type when using a makeup remover. This aspect should always be your first and main purchasing criterion. Not all skin types are the same, buying a suitable makeup remover for your skin will bring numerous benefits and avoid adverse reactions when it comes to taking care of your skin.
It is essential that you know the needs of your skin. By understanding your skin type you will avoid using makeup removers with overly oily ingredients if your skin is naturally oily. It will also help you avoid makeup removers that tend to dry out the skin if it is already naturally dry. Take a good look at the type of skin for which the product is recommended before making a purchase.
Type of makeup
Another factor that should determine the purchase of a makeup remover is the type of makeup that you use. The type of makeup that comes to mind is waterproof makeup. Waterproof makeup is usually more difficult to remove, so it is advisable to use a specific makeup remover for waterproof makeup.
You must also take into account the type of makeup that you use for your eyes or lips. If you only use makeup on the lips, or eyes, or you only use a makeup base, it is preferable to buy a specialised makeup remover for those areas.
Similarly to your skin type is the composition of the makeup remover. You should keep in mind that these products are used daily and are in contact with the skin of the face and eyes, which are some of the most delicate areas of your body. Therefore, the ingredients that are used in the composition of the makeup remover should be as natural or organic as possible.
Try to buy makeup removers with hypoallergenic ingredients that have been dermatologically tested. By doing this, you will avoid hypersensitive or adverse allergic reactions. It is also important that the ingredients of the makeup remover contain moisturising properties to promote skin regeneration after use.
Quality is another major factor when it comes to buying a makeup remover. This is especially important to take long lasting care of your skin. It is important that you do not only assume that quality comes from a product with a high price, as you can easily find great products at very affordable prices. The fundamental aspect is to purchase a cleansing product that has been tested thoroughly.
Dermatological tests are a perfect way to confirm the quality of a makeup remover. The skin of the face is very delicate and any way to avoid the appearance of redness or allergies is valuable. Specific revision of the composition of the product or a review of the opinions of specialists is also another way to determine the quality of a product.
Although most women like to have a reference or "all-round" product, the needs of each moment can lead you to have more than one makeup remover. For example, a liquid makeup remover may not be allowed on a plane trip so you may also need specialised makeup removal wipes when travelling. To solve this problem, we should think about all the needs you have for a makeup remover and buy accordingly.
The needs that you have may also depend on when and where you remove your makeup. If you perform your facial cleaning routine at home in your bathroom with plenty of space and time, then there is no problem in performing the complete routine. However imagine that you are in a hurry or you are away from home, the ideal product will not be a liquid makeup remover, but a few makeup removal wipes.
With this in mind, don't forget the simple rule to remove makeup every night. Remember that the natural elimination of toxins from the body occurs during the night, so your skin must be clean and ready for this process to occur.
Makeup remover is an essential product in the daily facial cleansing routine of women. It is important that you use a makeup remover that is adapted to your specific skin type and the needs that you have. The daily use of these products promotes good skin care and helps with the elimination of toxins from the body during the night.
Among the many options available on the market today, consider the fundamental purchase criteria that we have written above to help you make the correct choice. Include makeup remover in your beauty routine and watch how your skin improves day by day. If you follow a daily routine, when you wake up in the morning, your skin will be fresh, vibrant and ready for a new makeup.
If you liked our makeup remover guide, please share it on your social networks or leave us a comment and tell us about your facial cleansing routine. Thanks!
(Source of featured image: Marctran: 87886295/ 123rf.com)