Welcome to Monderosmart! This time we'll introduce you to everything you need to know to find the best mascara on the market. What we know as "mascara" is actually mascara. We can't deny that it has been part of our daily makeup routine for several years now.
Our eyelashes look fuller and longer thanks to these products. Likewise, their formula, style and features are constantly being perfected to give our make-up the perfect finish. With so much variety on the market, we wonder what is the perfect mascara? That is why we will present you all the information you need to make the best purchase decision. From the types of mascara to the most common questions.
- 1 Weekly newsletter with the best personal finance tips
- 2 Summary
- 3 The Best Mascaras: Our Picks
- 4 Buying Guide
- 5 Buying criteria
- Mascara (a name derived from the brand name Rimmel London) is a beauty product used to darken, define, curl and highlight lashes.
- Among the advantages of using a mascara we can mention that it is a very practical product and easy to carry everywhere. There is a wide variety of styles for different needs.
- Depending on the use of the product, mascara can be washable, or long-lasting and waterproof
The Best Mascaras: Our Picks
Our lashes look fuller and longer thanks to these products. Their formula, style and features are constantly being perfected to give our make-up the perfect finish. Here's everything you need to know about them.
What are Mascaras and what advantages do they offer?
Mascara is a cosmetic product that is used to give volume and aestheticism to the eyelashes, being fundamental in any make-up. These products consist of an applicator brush that must be dipped into the mascara tube. It is then rubbed from the base of the eyelashes to the tip.
Depending on the way you apply it you can get different results. If you only apply it to the tips of the lashes, you will get a bigger eye effect. On the other hand, if you apply it to the lower lashes, the eye will look wider. Another purpose of mascara is to curl the lashes and increase their length by applying several coats of product.
For hygiene and health reasons, people should change mascara every 3 months. In addition, it is a product for personal use, so it is not recommended to share it with others.
Regular or waterproof mascara - what should you look out for?
There are many mascara options on the market, but you should pay attention to the formula. There are regular or waterproof mascaras that will have a specific function according to your needs.
|They need several touch-ups during the day||Avoid run-off and the dreaded "raccoon eyes"|
|Ideal for short term events||Curves all types of lashes.|
|Can be removed with water-based make-up removers||Keeps lashes curled for longer|
|Lightweight formula so can be reapplied several times without clumping||Ideal for parties, weddings or rainy weather|
|Ideal for contact lens wearers as it solves the problem of watery eyes||Requires oil-based make-up removers to remove them|
How to remove waterproof mascara?
One of the main advantages of waterproof mascara is that we will keep our look for longer. But how do I remove it? There are two very common options that help you remove it without damaging or tearing out your lashes.
Natural oils. You can use any type of oil for this; be it almond oil, coconut oil, olive oil, or even castor oil. We recommend placing some on your index finger, and with your eye closed, gently massage it from the root of your lashes to the tip. You can gently wipe with a damp cotton pad to remove any residue.
Two-phase make-up remover. Ideally, you should buy an oil-based make-up remover. The process is similar. Moisten a cotton pad with a little water, shake the makeup remover and add enough to the centre of the pad. Carefully massage from root to tip until any traces of mascara are removed.
How much does mascara cost?
The variety of mascara on the market today is quite extensive. You can find mascara in all colours, with applicators of various shapes, but, as with other types of products, the price will depend on several factors such as:
- Durability: waterproof mascaras are usually more expensive than regular mascaras.
- Design: Also, the more innovative the applicator, the more expensive the mascara will be.
- Brand: Mascaras from well-known brands can sometimes cost up to twice as much as those found in pharmacies.
- Formula components: more elaborate mascaras, which use some kind of natural ingredient in their formula, are likely to be more expensive. The prices of mascara that have a certain standard of quality can start from 70 MXN, while those mascaras of more recognized brands, capable of lengthening, defining, volumizing and thickening are around 1,500 MXN.
When choosing the best Mascara, we are not sure what criteria to look for. We know they are very similar products but each can have a different effect on the finish of our lashes. Consider the following aspects when choosing:
If you are a person with sparse lashes, it is best to look for products that highlight the word "Volume". Usually their main name or description will contain this word. These types of products usually have applicators or dosing brushes.
If your lashes are very short and you want to give them a more streamlined look, you should opt for mascaras that add length. These mascaras usually have curved or wrap-around applicators that allow you to apply the product lengthening from the root to the tip of your lashes.
Sometimes we think that all applicators are identical. However, there are different types of brushes that give specific finishes. You can find these brushes separately so you can change them whenever you want to achieve different results. The idea is to try the finish and define which one you like.
- Straight: these brushes are used to lengthen and highlight smaller, thinner and shorter lashes.
- Curved: they give movement and curl the lashes.
- Thick and with many bristles: they are used to give more volume and separate the lashes.
- Hard bristles: ideal for separating and giving more definition to your lashes.
- Tapered: Perfect for lengthening and shaping lashes with precision.
These mascaras are mascaras that claim to be waterproof and long-lasting. Generally their formula is thicker than regular mascaras. Their pigments are darker and give lashes volume, length, curves and a very intense multidimensional effect. Generally, the applicator brushes are hourglass-shaped and use a formula that ensures full coverage of all lashes.
(Featured image photo: Bru-nO / pixabay.com)