Who doesn't like a good relaxing moment? Massage is a therapy that promotes this well-being through the application of training that stimulates the bloodstream, relieving pain and tension. And did you know that massage cream is a fundamental part for better results? That's what we're going to talk about in today's guide. Stay with us until the end to know its benefits and how to choose the right massage cream.
- 1 Weekly newsletter with the best personal finance tips
- 2 First things first
- 3 The Best Massage Cream: Our Picks
- 4 Buying guide: everything you need to know about massage cream
- 5 Purchase criteria: What to take into account when comparing different types of massage cream
- 6 Summary
First things first
- The massage cream is not only for gliding the hands. Its formula enhances the desired results. For this reason, it is necessary to choose the right cream according to the purpose of the massage therapy.
- Unlike oil, which is usually used for relaxation, massage creams have formulas for more aesthetic and specific techniques, such as size reduction.
- Knowing the main actives helps to choose the right cream according to the need.
The Best Massage Cream: Our Picks
Buying guide: everything you need to know about massage cream
Whether to relax or even for aesthetic purposes, the massage cream is essential in this process. It is through its formula and active ingredients that the results are potentiated. Want to learn more about this product? Come and clear up your doubts in this complete guide.
What are the different types of massage cream?
|Relaxing cream||Modeling / reducing cream||Exfoliating cream|
|Objective||Promote relaxation, relief of tension and body pain||Accelerates cellular metabolism due to the elevation of temperature. When it is a measure reducer, acts in the deeper layers of the skin||Removes dead cells, renewing the skin and leaving it healthier|
|Examples of active ingredients||Lemongrass, lavender, menthol and aloe-vera||Black pepper, caffeine, arnica, ginger, menthol and horse chestnut||Coffee, clay, jojoba, murumuru and grape seed|
What are the benefits of using a massage cream for the technique?
From the technical point of view to reduce measures, for example, is the massage cream that will activate blood and lymphatic circulation, thanks to its vasodilator effect, so this cosmetic reduces swelling. Still, for being antifibrotic, it acts in the reduction of cellulite. The benefits don't end there. The cream can still help to break the fat molecule, reducing measures. Something that will not be achieved without using the right product. In short, each type of cream has a specific benefit, which will never be achieved with an ordinary moisturiser.
Massage cream or body oil?
These creams have active ingredients that act on the layers of the skin bringing deeper results. Indicated for pain treatment, reduction of measures or drainage. Now, those who wish to hydrate and relax can bet on the oil without fear. Being vegetable, it prevents the loss of body water and hydrates the skin. Its great advantage is that its composition is totally natural.
Can I use the massage cream by myself?
- Abdomen - apply the cream on the sides of the abdomen from the outside to the inside, reaching the navel and going down to the groin;
- Thigh - in circular movements, apply the cream from the knee to the groin, always from the outside to the inside of the thigh;
- Buttocks - make movements from bottom to top, in other words, from the jowls to the top, finishing in the groin.
Repeat the movements until the skin adheres neither to the cream and you feel the dry touch.
Purchase criteria: What to take into account when comparing different types of massage cream
Since the importance of massage cream has become clear, let's now talk about the criteria you should consider when choosing yours. See:
The first step is to decide what is the purpose of the massage, because there are many options on the market that act differently, bringing specific results. A massage cream to relax will not reach the effects of the cosmetic produced to reduce measures, that's why it is so important to start with this criterion. If in doubt, talk to a massage therapist or dermatologist.
Even defining the goal, you can find massage creams with different active ingredients, and knowing them is the best way not to make a wrong choice. These actives guide you to find the right cream within what you want to achieve. Check out the list with some of them:
- Menthol: this active reduces the temperature of the place and reduces the fat. It is also relaxing;
- Caffeine: It is lipolytic, reducing the fat reserve, also improves circulation;
- Guarana: Rich in caffeine, it is diuretic and increases blood circulation;
- Asiatic Centella: Activates blood circulation and reduces fat cells, being great for reducing measures;
- Horse chestnut: it is anti-inflammatory and acts in the treatment of cellulite;
- Black pepper: It is thermogenic, tones and promotes skin elasticity.
It's no news that aroma also helps you feel good. There is even a therapeutic technique that works with the smells through the use of essential oils, called aromatherapy. Therefore, choose well the cream's aroma according to the objective of the massage. Lavender, for example, is great for helping with relaxation.
There are packages of just 200 grams or more than 1kg. To choose, consider your frequency of use. If you are going to apply it on yourself or a family member, a small amount is enough, especially to test the cream. However, a masseur, for example, may consider investing in larger pots, since the cream is the flagship of their work.
The massage cream is fundamental for the best use of the technique. Its active ingredients enhance the massage results. For this, you need to consider your goal and choose the right cream, as we explain in this guide. Whether you're a beginner or a professional, don't miss out on a good massage cream. Now, tell us in the comments below if you have used any of the creams listed. Your experience can also add to this guide and help other people interested in learning more.
(Source of the highlighted image: Andrea Piacquadio / Pexels.com)