The right footwear is not only important in winter, but also in summer. Especially when it is very hot, it is pleasant in light and airy canvas shoes, because the feet do not sweat as quickly as in leather shoes. Moreover, canvas shoes for men are more sustainable and environmentally friendly than conventional shoes.
Just slip them on and experience a summery, carefree walking feeling, while feeling sporty, casual or business-like dressed? Who doesn't wish for that? With canvas shoes, you can implement modern men's styling in summer and we show you how.
- 1 Weekly newsletter with the best personal finance tips
- 2 The Best Mens Canvas Shoes: Our Picks
- 3 Men's canvas shoes: the most important questions answered
- 4 Styling tips for trendy men's canvas shoes: How to achieve the perfect look
- 5 Conclusion
The Best Mens Canvas Shoes: Our Picks
Men's canvas shoes: the most important questions answered
Before we get to the styling tips for men's canvas shoes, let's address some frequently asked questions.
In which styles are canvas shoes for men available?
There are different fasteners for men's canvas shoes: for slipping on without a fastener, with a lace, with a lace without tying or with a Velcro fastener.
What kind of soles do canvas shoes for men have?
Knotted bast soles are typical of espadrilles, the Spanish canvas shoes for men. The sustainable bast fibres of the slightly raised platform sole are made from hemp or flax.
How do I care for men's canvas shoes properly?
If it's already too late and the shoes have become wet and dirty or foul odours have formed after sport, it's not such a tragedy. Simply soak them with cleaning foam and go over them with a brush or wash them at 30 °C in the washing machine. It's a good idea to use a special hygiene rinse so that the odour-causing bacteria are also killed.
Commercially available canvas shoes can withstand up to 600 revolutions during the spin cycle. If the shoe has a leather application, it is better not to wash it in the machine.
What colours are linen shoes for men available in?
How sustainable are canvas shoes for men?
For the conscious shoe buyer, there are also canvas shoes for men that have been produced completely vegan or that have been produced under fair production conditions and without child labour. You can recognise ecologically and ethically acceptable canvas shoes by seals such as Oeko-Tex 100, Made in Green, the Blue Angel or Fairtrade.
Styling tips for trendy men's canvas shoes: How to achieve the perfect look
Due to the variety of men's models, there are numerous occasions in summer when men can wear trendy canvas shoes.
- Sport & Chill: Sneakers Canvas shoes or ankle-high fabric shoes are suitable for sporty activities with friends. Quickly grab your skateboard and off you go. What are you waiting for?
- Casual outfit: An evening out with friends at your favourite restaurant is on the cards. You've already reserved a seat in the beer garden, slip into casual summer trousers and light-coloured canvas shoes to go with it. Just laugh and relax.
- Business: You have a long day at the office with lots of meetings ahead of you? Slip-on linen shoes for men are perfect on a hot summer day. They look elegant and business-like with a jacket, but let your feet breathe.
- Holiday: To really get into the holiday mood, we recommend espadrilles for men for a trip to the beach, because they go perfectly with swim shorts or wide linen trousers. If you often spend the day in a business look in everyday life, it's all the more relaxing to break free from it on holiday. Have the courage to discover your Spanish soul!
On hot days, an airy lightweight men's shoe is especially important. A canvas shoe is a good choice and is right on trend. Cloth shoes are available for men as loafers, sneakers, ankle-high shoes and espadrilles. So there is a suitable shoe for every occasion.
Because of these different models and fashion styles, canvas shoes for men are a recommendable alternative to sandals in summer. In addition to beach holidays, they are suitable for sporty outfits, casual leisure looks or for the office. So nothing stands in the way of a long summer day. On, isn't it?
Image source: Andrea Piacquadio / Pexels