In the transitional season, it's not always easy for men to find the right outfit. We have found a solution for you that keeps you warm and looks very stylish at the same time. We're talking about cardigans for men. Soft, comfortable and stylish. The men's cardigan can be comfortable, but also chic to style for work.
We have for you the most beautiful men's cardigans made from the finest materials, these not only feel good but are also a timeless classic. You'll find everything from cosy cashmere to merino wool turtlenecks.
- 1 Weekly newsletter with the best personal finance tips
- 2 The Best Mens Cardigan: Our Picks
- 3 Buying criteria: What to look for when buying men's cardigans
- 4 Men's cardigans: The most important questions answered
- 5 Styling tips for men's cardigans: How to achieve the perfect cozy look
- 6 Conclusion
The Best Mens Cardigan: Our Picks
Buying criteria: What to look for when buying men's cardigans
Since there is a lot of choice in men's cardigans, it is not atypical that you have a hard time finding the right men's cardigan. To help you find the perfect men's cardigan, we have put together some buying criteria to guide you.
These are the following buying criteria:
- Special features
- Place of production
In the following section, we explain what is important in each of the criteria.
An important buying criterion for finding the right cardigan for men is the material, which you should consider. Men's cardigans are usually made of cotton, but they can also be made of beaver, denim or fleece. Here we list all the material types for men's cardigans:
- Merino wool
You should consider which material you would like to have for your men's cardigan. This consideration can save you a lot of time later when looking for your perfect men's cardigan.
Good quality is very important for men's cardigans. Many only look nice, but are extremely scratchy on the skin. Men's cardigans made of merino wool have a very good quality. Merino wool is a natural product with the highest wearing comfort and can be worn directly on the skin without scratching.
If you are not looking for an 0815 men's cardigan, you should consider what special features you want to have in your men's cardigan. From a hood to a lined collar or even a deep V-neck, everything is possible.
The style of the men's cardigan is also an important buying criterion. Do you prefer a very plain or rather a sporty men's cardigan, this is a question you should ask yourself at the beginning. The selection of both styles is very large and can make your search a lot easier.
For many people it is important to know where their clothes come from. Therefore, the place of production of the men's cardigan is an important criterion for many. For this reason, many customers opt for fair and sustainable fashion.
The colour of the men's cardigan is also an important criterion. Men's cardigans are available in a wide variety of colours. From inconspicuous everyday colours to bright green or gaudy red.
Men's cardigans: The most important questions answered
We have compiled and answered the most important questions about men's cardigans. With these questions and answers, we would like to make your decision much easier.
What styles of cardigans are available for men?
- Men's cardigans for a casual look: The casual cardigan for men is a must-have for a comfortable home outfit and a must-have in a man's wardrobe.
- Sporty cardigans for men: This style of a men's cardigan convinces with its style. Cosy, loose, casual. These sporty men's cardigans are perfect for outdoor, but also for indoor sports.
- Men's Urban Style Cardigans: This style of men's cardigan is rather more unusual and eye-catching than the other styles of men's cardigans. Urban cardigans for men can be perfectly combined with everyday outfits.
If you don't have a clear idea of the different styles of men's cardigans, take a closer look at the individual styles.
How do I care for and clean a men's cardigan?
- Washing machine: Simple men's cardigans should be washed regularly as they absorb odours very quickly. It is best to use a wool programme on your washing machine and a wool detergent, and never wash at over 30 degrees. And please make sure that the drum is not too full. At most, fill a quarter of the washing machine.
- Hand wash: Wash ing a men's wool cardigan by hand is not the most fun method. If you wash the wool cardigan too hot, the fine fibres may be destroyed. The wool detergent should be completely dissolved on the men's wool cardigan before hand washing.
- Pilling: Any cardigan made of short fibres can pill. This is not a big problem, because pilling is caused by abrasion of the smallest fibres. However, this is by no means a sign of poor quality. New wool cardigans or those that have rarely been washed often have the problem of pilling. However, this wears off after a while: There is a so-called pilling comb or an electric lint shaver to unpill men's cardigans. De-pilling is quick and easy.
Please refer to the attached label to find out how many degrees they should be washed at or whether they should be hand washed. Less expensive cardigans, however, require various types of care; if necessary, they should be taken to an external dry cleaner.
What are the advantages and disadvantages of buying a men's cardigan online?
Advantages: Prices are usually much lower than in a shop, you can compare product models, no travel costs, you can look at/read reviews
Disadvantages: no advice, can't see product in advance, many fake reviews on the internet
As you can see, the advantages of buying online definitely outweigh the disadvantages. Whether you prefer to shop online or in a shop is up to you.
Styling tips for men's cardigans: How to achieve the perfect cozy look
Men's cardigans are indispensable in the transitional season because they keep you warm and look elegant and chic at the same time. A cardigan for men is super easy to combine and is guaranteed to appeal to every man. We have put together a few styling tips for you.
- Cardigans are equally suitable for adding a stylish touch to your T-shirt or shirt. They also keep you warm in the colder months and give your outfit that certain something.
- For a formal and simple look, simply button all the buttons. For a casual and cool look, just leave the top or bottom button undone.
- Hoods are especially casual and comfortable. These make your look even cosier.
- Use the same shapes, for example, a cardigan with a V-neck and a T-shirt with a V-neck underneath.
- A nice wristwatch can be a special highlight.
Of course, our styling tips are purely for inspiration and are in no way intended to be prescriptive. How you want to combine a men's cardigan is, of course, up to you.
Men's cardigans are a very stylish garment and are one of the most popular items of clothing for men. Because you can combine men's cardigans with any outfit, they are so popular.
Men's cardigans are perfect for the transitional season, as they can be used to create the so-called "Zwiebellook". The so-called Zwiebellook consists of several layers to keep warm when it is cold outside. Whether you wear the men's cardigan as a business style to work or wear it at home for a cosy evening is up to you.