Corduroy trousers for men are once again finding their way into the wardrobes of style-conscious men. Thanks to the lightweight yet temperature-stable material, corduroy trousers for men are real all-rounders. This means that any style can be worn with corduroy trousers throughout all four seasons. In addition, the soft feel and the absence of unsightly bulges are offered thanks to high-quality materials.
With the help of our buying guide and the tips it contains for the best outfit, we would like to give you the best possible overview of every mesh of corduroy trousers for men. In doing so, we go into our essential buying criteria, answer the most important questions and show you our tips for your perfect outfit.
- 1 Weekly newsletter with the best personal finance tips
- 2 The Best Mens Corduroy Pants: Our Picks
- 3 Buying criteria: What to look for when buying men's corduroy trousers
- 4 The characteristics of corduroy trousers
- 5 Corduroy trousers for men: The most important questions answered
- 6 Styling tips for corduroy trousers for men: How to achieve the perfect corduroy look
- 7 Conclusion
The Best Mens Corduroy Pants: Our Picks
Buying criteria: What to look for when buying men's corduroy trousers
When choosing the right corduroy trousers for men, there are important criteria to consider, which we have compiled for you below.
These are the following buying criteria:
- The properties of corduroy trousers for men
- The material of the corduroy trousers for men
- The style of corduroy trousers for men
But what exactly do the above criteria mean for you. We are happy to explain them to you in more detail.
The characteristics of corduroy trousers
Corduroy is characterised by its raised ribs, which are also responsible for the well-known loftiness of the trousers. The ribs can vary in width depending on the fabric.
Despite the softness of the trousers for men, they are very robust and extremely hard-wearing. Any differences in quality can be found in the type of cotton used. The type of thread, warp and weft density, the basic weave and the finish also play a significant role in whether a pair of corduroy trousers for men is qualitative or not. Thus, corduroy trousers for men can be made with cotton, sewn with yarn or twine, be plain or body-bound and have a waterproof finish.
Corduroy trousers for men are available in many colours and shapes. Corduroy trousers are usually worn in autumn or the cool spring months, as the fabric is pleasantly warming and tends to be heavier on the body. Depending on the ribbing of the trousers, they can look both "straight" and elegant.
The material of corduroy trousers
Corduroy trousers for men are known for their longitudinal ribbing. The material of corduroy trousers for men usually consists of a composition of at least 80 % cotton and an admixture. An admixture such as spandex, for example, increases the wearing comfort. Corduroy trousers are velvety soft and very dirt-resistant.
When choosing your corduroy trousers for men, you can choose from a variety of corduroy fabrics and their number of ribs per 10 cm of fabric. The higher the number of ribs, the finer the structure of the ribs.
- Cable corduroy trousers: The corduroy fabric consists of 10 ribs per 10 cm
- Wide corduroy trousers: The corduroy fabric consists of 10 to 25 ribs per 10 cm
- Manchester corduroy trousers: The corduroy fabric consists of 25 to 40 ribs per 10 cm
- Fine corduroy trousers: The corduroy fabric consists of 44 to 50 ribs per 10 cm
- Baby corduroy trousers: The corduroy fabric consists of more than 40 ribs per 10 cm
- Corduroy trousers: The corduroy fabric consists of more than 50 ribs per 10 cm
The material care of corduroy trousers for men requires a gentle wash. We therefore recommend that you choose a delicate wash programme at 30 degrees Celsius. It can happen that stain-like forms can be seen on the trousers after washing. You can counteract this by simply ironing the trousers inside out after washing. You should also avoid using a dryer.
A tip from us: When buying your corduroy trousers for men, make sure that they tend to fit tighter. Corduroy trousers are known to adjust to the body and widen after prolonged wear.
The style of corduroy trousers
In addition to their functionality and comfort, corduroy trousers for men are a stylish companion that can be combined with many outfits. To make your outfit a success, it is important to know the different styles and fits.
In this respect, corduroy trousers for men are characterised by different washes.
- Used look: The corduroy fabric appears washed out and faded in places.
- Antique: The corduroy fabric looks "used" or "worn"
The fit of your corduroy trousers can also be versatile.
- Boot cut: The corduroy trousers have a slightly flared leg, which can be worn very well with boots.
- Comfort Fit: The corduroy trousers have a comfortable cut and are characterised by a slightly wider leg.
- Loose Fit: The corduroy trousers have a wider hip and are cut in a wedge shape towards the bottom of the legs.
- Regular Fit: The corduroy trousers have a normal and straight cut.
- Slim Fit: The corduroy trousers fit very close to the leg.
- Stretch: The corduroy trousers stretch very well and ensure a good fit
Corduroy trousers for men: The most important questions answered
Corduroy trousers for men are therefore very versatile. It is in the nature of things that questions do arise. In the following, we would like to help you answer the most important questions so that you can choose the right corduroy trousers for men without worrying.
What is corduroy?
Corduroy is known as a so-called hollow weave fabric and is sometimes also called corduroy, laced velvet, laced velvet, curdoroy or Manchester. It is made with corduroy weaves and is recognisable by its typical longitudinal ribbed velvet-like weave. These can be found on the thread direction on the upper side of the fabric.
What are the advantages of corduroy?
Corduroy trousers for men have many positive features. In everyday life, corduroy is noticeable for its durability and robustness. It doesn't matter whether they are trousers or a jacket. Moreover, corduroy is a noble-looking fabric. Especially in winter, the ribbed trousers keep you very warm and nestle softly and voluminously against your leg.
What are the disadvantages of corduroy fabric?
Corduroy fabric is not waterproof. In heavy rain, the trousers can quickly become soaked and heavy. In addition, corduroy is a little more maintenance-intensive, as the fabric should not be ironed, spun or even tumble-dried. But with the right care, corduroy trousers for men promise an extremely long product life.
What colours do you wear?
The classic corduroy trousers for men can be combined very well in black or brown tones. Models in cognac brown are also popular, but beige or even colourful shades are also worn well in combination. Neutral nuanced garments in white or cream are particularly complementary.
Styling tips for corduroy trousers for men: How to achieve the perfect corduroy look
So that you can stylishly combine the hip corduroy with any outfit you want, we will give you our most important styling tips at this point.
- Bold as a suit: The corduroy trousers for men can be worn as a single piece in an outfilt or as a total look. To avoid a staid look, look for brightly coloured details, sneakers or T-shirts under the blazer.
- Casual in dungarees: For young men, corduroy dungarees can look very casual. Make sure that the straps are not stretched too high so that contrasting clothing, such as the woollen jumper underneath, is shown off to good effect.
- Wintery: Wintery compositions also work especially well with corduroy trousers for men. Simply wear a loose wool or turtleneck jumper in the desired colour with them. Warm and cosy.
Overall, we advise wearing casual to sturdy footwear with corduroy trousers for men. Coarse linen or checked shirts, woollen jumpers and fashionable waistcoats can also create a cool look.
Of course, these styling tips serve only as inspiration and are not obligatory. You can also create and wear your own styles according to your own taste. You can't go far wrong with the right corduroy trousers for men.
For a long time, corduroy trousers for men were known as old men's trousers and shunned. Today, corduroy trousers for men are celebrating their big comeback and should not be missing from any man's wardrobe. No matter what colours, shapes or washes.
The many possible combinations, whether casual or elegant, make corduroy trousers for men the ideal companion for leisure or the office. The corduroy fabric is airy and warm at the same time, making it pleasantly soft and comfortable to wear.
Article image: Pixabay / tookapic