A diamond ring is always a beautiful piece of jewellery. Whether as an engagement ring, wedding ring or simply as a jewellery ring, a diamond ring for men always looks good. But especially with such a high-quality piece of jewellery, you should not buy the first thing that comes along. It is important to think about what kind of diamond ring for men you want to wear on your finger beforehand.
In order to explain some important information to you, you will find below the most important questions about buying a diamond ring for men. Also, the most important buying criteria are suggested to you, so that you can already see exactly what is essential when choosing the perfect diamond ring. This is the only way to find the perfect ring for you that you will be happy with for a long time.
- 1 Weekly newsletter with the best personal finance tips
- 2 The Best Mens Diamond Ring: Our Picks
- 3 Buying criteria: What you should look for when buying diamond rings for men
- 4 Diamond rings for men: The most important questions answered
- 4.1 In which styles are men's diamond rings available?
- 4.2 How do I know if my diamond ring for men is the right fit?
- 4.3 How do I care for and clean my men's diamond ring?
- 4.4 What jewellery can you combine with a diamond ring for men?
- 4.5 Styling tips for men's diamond rings: the right clothes to set off your jewellery piece
- 5 Conclusion
The Best Mens Diamond Ring: Our Picks
Buying criteria: What you should look for when buying diamond rings for men
Since you don't buy a diamond ring every day, the buying process should not be rushed. To make this process a little easier for you, some important buying criteria have been collected to help.
These are the following buying criteria:
Since the words alone are quite abstract, below is a brief description of the most important buying criteria so that you know what it really comes down to
Especially with rings for men with gemstones, the setting is an important detail to pay attention to. This is because it holds the diamond on the ring and is therefore also very visible and part of the ring. Accordingly, you should take a closer look at the different settings to decide which setting you find most interesting for yourself.
- Dimple setting
- Frame setting
- Channel setting
- Bar setting
- Frame inlay
- Pave setting
- Chaton setting
A prong setting is a very well-known setting where the diamond is enclosed in the ring by prongs and thus cannot fall out. A bezel setting, on the other hand, consists of a band of precious metal that embeds the gemstone. The channel setting describes two rails running sideways, which set small diamonds in the ring. The bar setting comes very close to the channel setting. Here, the gemstone is set between two bars of precious metal and thus cannot come loose.
A rubbed setting describes the small indentations in the ring into which the diamonds are set. A pave setting stands for gemstones that are arranged in many rows next to each other on the ring band. The chaton setting is a mixture of the prong and the bezel setting. This combination ensures that the diamond sits extremely securely in the ring band.
The material of a diamond ring for him is always precious metal. You can choose between gold, silver or platinum. Gold and silver are the best-known precious metals for jewellery, while platinum has only become more important in the jewellery world in recent years.
However, all three metals have a long history and have been used in jewellery production for ages. Gold is the most traditional precious metal, as it also has a religious connection. Silver also has a long tradition in jewellery production. Due to its rare occurrence, platinum has an even higher price factor than gold, but it has not yet replaced gold in popularity.
Carat is a very well-known term when talking about gemstones. Carat describes the unit of measurement of diamonds and other precious stones. If you calculate in carats, this tells you the weight of the gemstone. Thus, the price of the gemstone can be determined.
One carat is equal to 0.2 grams. There is also the term half carat, which corresponds to 0.5 carat. In grams, this is 0.1 grams. From this you can see for yourself how heavy and valuable the diamond in your potential ring for men is. This way you can decide beforehand how big or how expensive the diamond ring of your dreams should or may be.
With gemstones and especially with diamonds, the cut is very important. Because a diamond is only as you imagine it when it is cut. There are different cuts so that the ring wearer can find the most attractive cut for him or herself. You can choose from the following cuts.
- Brilliant cut
- Emerald cut
- Hearts & Arrow
- Navette cut
- Princess cut
The brilliant cut is the most classic cut of a diamond. Due to the clean execution of this cut, it brings out the brilliance of the gemstone. The emerald cut is based on the emerald gemstone. The emerald gets its design from the cut of different facets. The Hearts & Arrow cut is rather rare and was only discovered by chance. It is distinguished by its name, because if you look closely, you can see hearts or arrows in the cut.
The Navette cut can be compared to a ship's hull, if you look at the shape. Furthermore, this cut has 56 different facets to make it so special. The Princess cut is arranged in a square and features star-shaped facets. From this selection of diamond cuts, you can find the perfect cut for your diamond ring for men.
Diamond rings are very often coupled with specific occasions. This doesn't mean that you can't wear diamond rings at other moments, however, there is often an important memory associated with them.
Very often diamond rings are used for men's engagements or for weddings. Because for these special occasions one wants to wear a special ring on the finger. But there is also the situation that one wants to treat oneself to a special ring in order to own a high-quality piece of jewellery that one wants to wear either every day or on other important occasions. Because a diamond ring for men is individual and can be worn regardless of the situation.
Besides the setting and the carat size, the ring size is also an important decision criterion for buying a diamond ring for men. Because the right ring size is important so that the ring also sits comfortably on the finger and does not constantly slip or cut off the blood.
If you are not at the jeweller's to get your ring size, you can easily do this at home. You simply need a piece of string or a strip of paper, which you put around your ring finger and then measure. This length indicates the ring size. However, you should also make sure that the ring can be slid over the finger bone. You might want to think about buying the diamond ring for men one size larger.
Diamond rings for men: The most important questions answered
Now that you have learned more about the most important buying criteria, the last questions should be clarified. So that you can buy the perfect diamond ring.
In which styles are men's diamond rings available?
- Engagement ring: The engagement ring, as the name suggests, is a ring that is given and put on as an engagement gift. It is usually a bit more flashy, as it is a special occasion. Nowadays, this ring is often not even taken off after the wedding, but continues to be used as a pre-stud ring. Of course, it is up to you or your partner to decide exactly what the ring should look like.
- Wedding ring: The wedding ring has usually replaced the engagement ring after the marriage. This is usually kept a little plainer than the engagement ring. The design, cut or material can be customised.
- Solitaire ring: The solitaire ring describes a diamond ring with one diamond. This comes classically in a diamond setting. This means that the stone is set by the claws and the stone still remains very visible. It is the eye-catcher of the ring.
- Memoir ring: As the name suggests, the memoir ring is meant to enclose memories. The basic model is characterised by the channel setting. This means that various diamonds are set around the band. With it, there is also the possibility of having more diamonds set in later, for any memory that one wants to capture.
The different types of diamond rings for men are important to know so that you know what kind of ring you are looking for yourself.
How do I know if my diamond ring for men is the right fit?
- Most importantly, the ring should go over the finger bone. However, it should not only be possible to put it on, but also to take it off again.
- This means that the ring should not be too tight.
- On the other hand, the ring should not be too loose. It should not be able to move on its own and slip off the finger.
- This means that the diamond ring for him should not cut in, be easy to put on and take off, but not too easy.
- The diamond ring for men fits best when you don't notice that it is on your finger. Then the ring size is perfect and you feel comfortable wearing it.
If you take these tips to heart, you will find the perfect ring size for yourself.
How do I care for and clean my men's diamond ring?
When washing your hands or doing the dishes, the ring should be taken off. The chemicals in the soap or detergent can damage the material. The diamond can be cleaned very well with a soft brush, like a manual toothbrush, or a lint-free cloth. The ring band and the diamond can also be immersed in an ammonia bath for a short time. The only important thing is that the ring band must not be cleaned with a brush, as this can cause scratches.
What jewellery can you combine with a diamond ring for men?
But if you like to wear more jewellery, you should make sure that not too many different stems meet and that one piece of jewellery is highlighted. In this case, the diamond ring for men. So you should keep the other jewellery more simple and match it to the diamond ring so that it is highlighted by the other jewellery.
Styling tips for men's diamond rings: the right clothes to set off your jewellery piece
- Do not wear too much other jewellery on your hand so that the diamond ring for men remains the focus.
- Make sure that the sleeves of your clothes are not too long so that the ring is not covered by the fabric.
- Diamond rings often represent simple elegance. Accordingly, the entire outfit should also match the diamond ring for men.
A diamond ring for men is a beautiful investment to own long-lasting, beautiful, memorable jewellery. It enhances any outfit and is perfect for many different occasions. Especially when it comes to one of the most important issues, a diamond ring is a perfect addition. Whether it's an engagement, wedding or just because, the diamond ring always makes a statement.
If you consider the important buying criteria and questions, you will find a diamond ring that you will be happy with for the rest of your life and that you will enjoy wearing on your finger. If you decide to buy a diamond ring for men, it is important that you keep this information in mind so that you can really find the perfect ring for you.
Image source: Mr.Autthaporn Pradidpong / Unsplash.com