Many people think of dungarees as practical work clothes for painters or gardeners. But you can also present your dungarees for men to the world as fashionable everyday wear. Whether jeans or fabric look, there is something for every taste due to the diverse designs and colours. There are plain or funky models within the product range of dungarees for men.
Above all, the casual one-piece impresses with a high level of comfort. Within the following article, we would like to provide you with useful tips and advice for the perfect outfit with your dungarees for men. This way you can identify your perfect dungarees for men.
- 1 Weekly newsletter with the best personal finance tips
- 2 The Best Men's Dungarees: Our Picks
- 3 Dungarees for men: The most important questions answered
- 4 Styling tips for men's dungarees: How to achieve the perfect dungaree look
- 5 Conclusion
The Best Men's Dungarees: Our Picks
Dungarees for men: The most important questions answered
In order to make your purchase decision for your dungarees for men easier, we have compiled and answered the most important questions about the product in the following section.
In which styles are dungarees for men available?
Dungarees for men come in a few different styles, models and colours. In the following list, we have compiled the most important styles of dungarees for men.
- Dungarees for work: Dungarees for men have a lot of advantages for work. Especially for craftsmen who usually want to have a lot of tools quickly at hand, these trousers are an absolute must. But also for those workers who have to do a lot of manual work on the ground. It is important to ensure that the dungarees for men are of good quality so that the wear and tear does not progress too quickly. Dungarees for men offer plenty of storage space for tools, with the help of integrated pockets and loops. They are comfortable to wear and do not constrict at the waist. Since a durable material is mostly used, you don't have to be quite so careful on the construction site. Dungarees for men usually have extra padding at the knee. In addition, the dungarees rarely slip because they are held in place with the typical braces.
- Dungarees in everyday style: Dungarees can also be quite convincing in a casual look. They are usually made of denim. Dungarees for men are also on the rise. These dungarees are not bound to any season and can therefore always be worn. It all depends on the right combination. Another advantage of dungarees is that the fashion you wear underneath them is practically protected from dirt. In addition, the dungarees are very comfortable and keep you warm enough. The only disadvantage is that the dungarees for men are more difficult to put on and take off compared to ordinary jeans. In contrast to work dungarees, dungarees for men's leisure wear do not have large pockets, as carrying tools is not a major issue here.
- Dungarees for festive occasions: Dungarees for men can be a somewhat unusual role for festive occasions. But if you choose the right combination, this style can also be a real eye-catcher at parties. For example, you can create a real style break with a pair of dark blue fabric dungarees in combination with a white shirt, tie and black leather lace-ups. The important thing here is to turn up the hem of the trousers and step into the shoes without socks. Just give it a try!
To discover the perfect style for you, you should first try on many different dungarees for men. Then you can find out for yourself which style best suits your own personality.
What fabrics are used in dungarees for men?
In the category of work dungarees, the following materials can basically be processed:
- Polyester + cotton
Experience shows that many manufacturers use a ratio of 65 percent polyester and 35 percent cotton. You can get more detailed information by looking at the inside label of your dungarees for men. The advantage of this mix is that it feels comfortable against the skin. At the same time, the high polyester content enables a water-repellent and dirt-repellent function.
If a pair of dungarees is made of pure cotton, these properties cannot be guaranteed. However, some simpler dungarees for men are still made of 100% cotton. Here, the wearing comfort plays a greater role, as it is particularly pleasant. Dungarees for men made of synthetic material have the advantage that they are particularly weather-resistant.
This makes the work trousers very quick-drying, easy to care for and hard-wearing. Dungarees for leisure wear are often made of denim or corduroy. They are usually robustly made so that signs of wear are not immediately visible, similar to work dungarees.
How do I care for and clean my dungarees for men?
If you often work in the garden or regularly in the trades, then you are probably familiar with heavily soiled dungarees for men. Work clothes should get a proper cleaning. But how do you manage that?
As a rule, dungarees can be washed like normal work trousers. If the dungarees are made of 100 per cent cotton, you can wash them at 90 degrees if they are very dirty. As a rule, however, you should wash them at 60 or even 30 degrees. Washing at too high a temperature promotes shrinkage and possible discolouration, just as with normal clothing.
You should always take a look at the label beforehand. If your men's dungarees are very dirty, a stain remover spray can help with spot stains before washing them in the washing machine. You should soak the trousers beforehand. It is best to add a little bile soap.
What are the special features of dungarees for men?
The great feature of dungarees is that they are a comfortable one-piece. They are mostly made of robust materials and have many practical pockets for storage. Furthermore, they can be used in a variety of ways and are sometimes very attractive on women.
Styling tips for men's dungarees: How to achieve the perfect dungaree look
- Tip 1: You can create a casual look with fancy print T-shirts under your dungarees. Sporty sneakers and a base cap go best with them.
- Tip 2: You can create a different casual look by combining dungarees with a jeans shirt in vintage style. Go with casual leather shoes.
- Tip 3: A cool look is undoubtedly created with a hanging bib and a matching leather jacket. An old leather hat is a little more daring.
- Tip 4: If you want to combine dungarees for men in a smart way, we recommend pairing them with a woollen coat or a college jacket. Smart business shoes and a bow tie are a must.
- Tip 5: For a funky style, wear bright T-shirts under your dungarees. You can also wear bright dungarees or heavily patterned ones.
- Tip 6: You can also create a sporty style with dungarees for men. We recommend combining them with a plain shirt, a hat, chucks and a casual black backpack.
Without a doubt, dungarees for men are the keypiece of your outfit in every look and should always be the centre of attention. Our styling tips shown are only intended to provide you with possible inspiration. Thus, you can integrate these ideas into your everyday life. Of course, you can select, design and creatively implement combinations according to your own wishes and ideas.
With this guide, we wanted to make it clear to you that dungarees for men can be worn not only at work. You can also wear your personal dungarees in the right combination in everyday situations and in your free time. Thanks to a variety of designs and numerous colours, there should also be a suitable pair for you.
The dungarees for men impress not only with the possibility of stowing numerous items, but also with their comfortable feel. The jeans look in particular gives this garment an everyday look. To seduce your partner, you can also leave out the T-shirt under the dungarees.
Image source: Annie Spratt / unsplash.com