The selection of different men's jewellery is huge. Every man already owns at least one item of jewellery, but why should it stop there? Jewellery is an important part of an outfit and should not be missing from anyone's wardrobe, including that of men.
The term jewellery is very broad, which is why everyone can also find some perfect jewellery pieces for themselves. For the ideal styling, you should be aware of what you are looking for and with which clothes you can wear this jewellery.
- 1 Weekly newsletter with the best personal finance tips
- 2 The Best Men's Jewellery: Our Picks
- 3 Buying criteria: What to look for when buying men's jewellery
- 4 Men's jewellery: The most important questions answered
- 5 Styling tips for men's jewellery: how to achieve the perfect look
- 6 Conclusion
The Best Men's Jewellery: Our Picks
Buying criteria: What to look for when buying men's jewellery
Because there is such a wide selection of men's jewellery, it is natural that you will have difficulty finding the perfect piece for you.
These buying criteria will help you decide which jewellery is right for you:
In the next section, you will learn what each aspect is all about.
As diverse as the jewellery is, so are the materials that are used. Most jewellery is never made entirely of pure precious metals, but is coated with precious metals at the end.
Most jewellery is made of materials such as metal, nickel, plastic, leather or rubber. These are then plated with precious metals such as gold or silver.
The higher the quality of the material, the longer the jewellery will last. With cheap jewellery, the outer layer might slowly rub off against your skin. Therefore, it is always to your advantage to buy good quality at a slightly higher price.
The material determines the price and the weight of the jewellery. Therefore, there is also very expensive jewellery that is made of pure gold or is also set with real diamonds.
Most jewellery is plated with silver or gold, as these are the standard colours. Of course, there is also other jewellery that is made of leather, although this is usually brown or even black.
Especially with men's jewellery, there is often the option of getting certain necklaces, bracelets, rings or even earrings in black. These are usually, if of good quality, made of onyx or black diamonds.
It depends on what kind of jewellery you want to get, but in general you can find jewellery in any colour.
Weight is also an important aspect to consider. If you want to buy a necklace, it is always to your advantage to buy one that is not too heavy around your neck. Rings can also be a nuisance if they are too heavy.
The weight always depends on the material and how many pendants are on the chain, for example. With very expensive jewellery, the weight can go up, especially if pure gold has been used.
Whether it's clothes or jewellery, measurements always play the most important role. To ensure that the jewellery fits well and looks good, you need to know your ideal measurements, whether for a necklace or a ring.
For perfect styling, necklaces must not be too long or too short. The same goes for bracelets. If they are too big or too tight, it can look funny. Therefore, you need to take accurate measurements of yourself to know exactly what sizes are optimal for you.
Men's jewellery: The most important questions answered
With such a large selection of men's jewellery, it can be very difficult to make a decision. To make sure you are well informed about everything, we have compiled and answered the most frequently asked questions about men's jewellery.
In which styles is men's jewellery available?
To satisfy all tastes and preferences, there are different styles of men's jewellery you can choose between. In the following table you can have a look at the different styles.
- Modern men's jewellery: Modern men's jewellery strongly follows the latest trends, which are especially lived out by the younger generations. This style can vary greatly from year to year.
- Vintage men's jewellery: Vintage men's jewellery is jewellery from older times. This is mostly pure gold jewellery, as gold jewellery was very common in the past and not as expensive as it is nowadays.
- Handmade men's jewellery: Handmade jewellery is mostly jewellery made of wood or leather. These materials are easy to work with by hand and are also not as expensive.
- Luxury men's jewellery: Luxury men's jewellery is the very high quality jewellery made of pure precious metals and also real diamonds.
To find your perfect jewellery, it is best to try on different items in a shop to know exactly what suits you best.
How do I find my matching sizes?
You can measure yourself, for example, to find your fingers for your ring size or take an older necklace you like and measure it to know what length to buy.
You can also go to a jeweller's where the staff will be happy to help you determine your sizes.
What jewellery can men wear?
Men can wear any jewellery, just like women. The understanding that there are separate men's and women's jewellery is no longer relevant. Especially nowadays, there are many different types of jewellery for men, from necklaces and bracelets to earrings and piercings.
If you find a piece of jewellery you like, buy it. As long as it matches your outfit, there should be no complaints.
What jewellery is good for allergy sufferers?
Precious metals and especially real gold are perfect for allergy sufferers as they do not cause any reaction.
As an allergy sufferer, you should be especially careful with silver, as it usually causes allergic reactions. Silver is also often mixed into other materials, which is why you should only buy pure precious metals like gold.
Styling tips for men's jewellery: how to achieve the perfect look
Men's jewellery is an important part of your outfit that you should not do without. No matter what style you prefer, you can find the right jewellery for every taste.
- Elegant: If you want to dress up, there is a lot of jewellery that can complete your elegant look. This includes especially simple jewellery. A simple silver or gold necklace with a matching bracelet in the same material. Such simple jewellery pieces are perfect to get an elegant look.
- Business: To look good at a business meeting or just in the office, you can buy a pair of classy looking cufflinks for your suit to achieve the perfect look. A plain ring would also go well with this outfit. The important thing is not to overdo it with different pieces of jewellery.
- Casual: For a casual look, it is up to you how many pieces of jewellery you wear, but it is important that they all correlate and go well together.
Of course, these styling tips are just an inspiration for your next outfit. Which jewellery you combine with which clothes is ultimately up to your personal taste.
Jewellery is one of the most important aspects of an outfit. No matter what the occasion, the right jewellery can bring the perfect outfit together. With a wide selection of jewellery and their different styles, there is something for everyone.
Every look is possible with the help of jewellery. It all depends on the right combination of jewellery and the amount of jewellery worn.
Contributed image: unsplash.com / Hunters Race