Quilted jackets are a popular outerwear in men's fashion. They come in a variety of colours, styles and finishes. So you can find and wear them for any occasion. Men's quilted jackets are fashionable but at the same time timeless and have not lost their relevance and beautiful styling for years.
That is why they should not be missing from any wardrobe. The combination possibilities of a quilted jacket for men are large and versatile. It can be worn casually with jeans, but also smartly over a suit. You can vary the combination depending on the occasion and rediscover your men's quilted jacket again and again. The fit and look of the men's quilted jacket is crucial for the perfect look.
- 1 Weekly newsletter with the best personal finance tips
- 2 The Best Mens Quilted Jacket: Our Picks
- 3 Buying criteria: What to look for when buying a quilted jacket for men
- 4 Men's quilted jackets: The most important questions answered
- 5 Styling tips for men's quilted jackets: How to achieve the perfect quilted jacket look
- 6 Conclusion
The Best Mens Quilted Jacket: Our Picks
Buying criteria: What to look for when buying a quilted jacket for men
To find the right quilted jacket for men, you should know the most important buying criteria for quilted jackets.
These are the following buying criteria:
We will now present these to you in detail so that you are best prepared for buying a quilted jacket for men.
The fit is the most important thing in a fashion item. A jacket should always fit perfectly so that it looks perfect. When buying a quilted jacket, the first most important thing is that it fits in the shoulder area. When trying it on, make sure that the shoulder seams sit appropriately on the end of the shoulder, at the point where the arm starts. If the seam sits on the shoulder, the quilted jacket is too small. If it sits more on the upper arm than on the edge of the shoulder, the quilted jacket is too big.
Furthermore, fit at the back is important. For a men's quilted jacket to fit you well and keep you warm, it should not be too short in the back. Make sure it fits at the hips, not too far up. If it is shorter, your kidneys will get cold and the quilted jacket will not do its job.
You should also pay attention to the length of the sleeves. Quilted jackets for men should finish at the wrist. If the sleeve is shorter, the jacket is too small and if the sleeve is longer, the jacket is too small. The sleeves are third in this explanation of fit as they may not have the same relevance as the shoulders and back. Men's arms vary greatly in length and a jacket can fit well in the back and shoulders and still have arms that are slightly too long. If it fits well otherwise, this is not a criterion for exclusion.
Quilted jackets for men are available for different seasons. They vary in the thickness of the material and thus also in their appearance. When buying a quilted jacket, you should therefore consider when you would like to wear it. There are great medium-warm quilted jackets for spring and autumn, which are perfect for the transition.
If you are looking for a jacket that you can wear on warm summer evenings, it is better to choose a light quilted jacket made of thin material. These will keep you warm in mild temperatures and are also easy to stow in your bag because of their thin material. This way, you can pack it away when needed and put it on in the evening.
There are also quilted jackets for men for winter. The special thing about quilted jackets is that they really are available for every season and temperature. Men's quilted jackets for winter have a thicker lining than the others. This often makes them look a little more solid, but there are also exceptions and quilted jackets that are lined with a particularly warming material that you don't need much of.
The look is also important. You are looking for the right jacket for your style of dress and occasion. In this case, the quilted jacket is a very good choice, as it can be found in many different looks. For example, you can find them in different colours. Choose between classic, muted shades such as black, dark green, beige or dark blue or colourful shades such as red, yellow, purple or orange.
You can also vary between the cuts. There is the classic quilted jacket, which has the quilted look all over, but also modern, sporty alternatives, where the sleeves are in a knitted look, for example. This creates very different styles, creating a variety of men's quilted jackets for every occasion.
Due to the variety of visually different men's quilted jackets, you can find the right jacket for your occasion. Quilted jackets come in classic, smart, modern and sporty. Whether you are going to work, to a family party, to sports or on a hike, there is a suitable quilted jacket for each of these activities and actions.
Many men's quilted jackets are also good to wear for several of these occasions, so you only need one quilted jacket to always look good and catch the eye.
Men's quilted jackets: The most important questions answered
To answer all your remaining questions, we have collected the most frequently asked questions. You can find them here.
What styles of men's quilted jackets are available?
- Chicquilted jackets: Chic quilted jackets usually have the classic look of a quilted jacket. They are available with a button placket and a straight cut. In addition, they are often edged at the hem with a corduroy or leather border. This gives them a chic and classic look and makes them a good choice for any occasion.
- Casualquilted jackets: Casual quilted jackets are the perfect choice for everyday wear. You can wear them to work, on your way to the gym, for a coffee in town or on a walk. The casual quilted jacket is in the classic quilted style, but differs slightly in cut. It often has a slightly sportier cut, giving it a good mix of sporty chic style.
- Sporty quilted jackets: Some men's quilted jackets are directly tailored to sporty activities. They have a slightly narrower cut so as not to let any draughts through. They retain the elegant look of a quilted jacket and complement it with sporty features, such as a slightly higher collar.
Every quilted jacket has a chic and elegant look. They differ in the combination of sporty elegant, classic elegant and casual. Depending on the occasion, age and preference, there is a suitable men's quilted jacket for everyone.
How do I know if my quilted jacket for men fits well?
You can tell if a quilted jacket fits you well and has the perfect fit mainly by how it sits in the shoulder area. As we have already described in detail above, the shoulder seam of the jacket should be flush with the edge of the shoulder. This is the be-all and end-all of a jacket. Next, make sure that the jacket falls well on your torso and stomach when worn both closed and open. The quilted jacket should not be too tight, but also not too loose. Depending on the model, it should be close-fitting or at least slim-fitting.
The length of the sleeves is also important for a good fit. Make sure they are not too long or too short for you. A quilted jacket for men should look casual and therefore not look too small or too big. To test the sleeve length, you can stand up straight and stretch your arms forward. If the sleeves slide up just behind the wrists, it is suitable. If they slide up further, the sleeves are probably a little too short.
Men's quilted jackets come in different styles and fits. These tests will help you find the right model.
How do I care for and clean my men's quilted jacket?
You can also wash off small stains with a cloth and a little detergent. To protect your quilted jacket from dirt, you can also impregnate it. Again, follow the manufacturer's instructions and the application range of the waterproofing spray.
Styling tips for men's quilted jackets: How to achieve the perfect quilted jacket look
- Find the right men's quilted jacket in your style, cut and favourite colour.
- If you have chosen a classic quilted jacket, you can perfectly combine it with plain fabric trousers and leather shoes. But a pair of plain jeans also goes well with the classic look. If you choose a sporty quilted jacket, you can also combine fabric trousers, jeans and leather shoes. But sporty sneakers can also go well with your men's quilted jacket.
- Casual and chic at the same time, a scarf can also be combined well with a men's quilted jacket. Depending on the colour, you can vary the style a lot.
- Men can wear jumpers, T-shirts, shirts as well as longsleeves or polo shirts under their quilted jackets. There is no limit to what you can wear with a quilted jacket.
Men's quilted jackets can therefore be worn almost always. Depending on the combination, you can wear them more smartly, more casually or more sportily.
Men's quilted jackets are true all-rounders. With the right quilted jacket, you have the perfect model for every occasion. Depending on the combination and accessories, it will be more chic, sporty, casual or casual. They come in many different colours and styles. Besides looking great, quilted jackets are also very warm and not super thick.
Even though the fit of a men's quilted jacket is of course paramount, the look, fit and colour scheme need not be neglected. Thanks to the wide selection of quilted jackets for men, there is the right model for everyone. It will always be a timeless and modern model that no wardrobe should be without.
Article image: Unsplash / Michael Rivera