Scarf for men: buying advice & tips for the perfect outfit
While scarves used to be more of a women's issue, this has changed fundamentally. In the meantime, men have also discovered this fashion accessory for themselves. Today, men's scarves are available in a wide variety of colours, which you can wear in any season.
It doesn't matter whether the men's scarf should go with an outfit in winter or summer. There is a matching men's scarf for almost every outfit. We would like to give you an overview of the different types of men's scarves and helpful styling tips.
- 1 Scarf for men: buying advice & tips for the perfect outfit
- 2 Weekly newsletter with the best personal finance tips
- 3 The Best [Keyword]: Our Picks
- 4 Men's scarves: The most important questions answered
- 5 Conclusion
The Best [Keyword]: Our Picks
Men's scarves: The most important questions answered
In the following section we have answered the most important questions about men's scarves.
In which styles are scarves for men available?
- Tube scarf: Tube scarves are men's scarves that are sewn together at both ends. This makes them easy to put on by slipping them over the head. This type of scarf has become very popular with men in recent years.
- Scarf with fringes: Fringed ends on men's scarves have been around for a long time. They round off the look of the scarf perfectly and make the men's scarf look more elegant.
- Patterned: There are now men's scarves with a wide variety of patterns on them. Whether antique-looking patterns, beautifully decorated flowers or in camouflage style, everything is available. The pattern should visually match the rest of the outfit, otherwise there are no limits to your creativity.
- Chequered: Checked men's scarves are now available in every colour combination and the rule is, as long as the colour matches the rest of the outfit, you can't go wrong.
- Plain colours: Last but not least, there are, of course, understated men's scarves that make do with just one colour. Combined correctly, plain men's scarves can also enhance your outfit.
As you can see, there are many different types of men's scarves. That is why there is a matching men's scarf for almost every outfit.
What materials are available for men's scarves?
- Wool: Men's scarves made of wool have been around for a long time. The advantage of wool is its warmth and durability combined with its water-repellent properties.
- Cashmere: This extremely soft type of wool is quite expensive, but it feels extremely comfortable and supple. It also protects very well against the cold.
- Cotton: Cotton is considered the classic material for men's scarves. It is breathable and therefore prevents sweat from accumulating on the neck. In addition, men's scarves made of cotton are very easy to care for.
- Merino wool: Merino wool comes from New Zealand sheep and is known for keeping warm even in extremely low temperatures. Men's scarves made of merino wool are therefore particularly suitable for the cold season and in cool countries.
- Silk: With men's scarves made of silk, the visual aspect is probably the most important. They are very light, but do not keep you particularly warm. They are suitable for adding the finishing touch to a noble outfit.
During which seasons can I wear my men's scarves?
How do I care for and clean my men's scarves?
5 Styling tips for men's scarves: How to achieve the perfect scarf look
- Coat: A rather long men's scarf with a coarse texture, such as wool, should be worn with a coat.
- Suit: When combining a man's scarf with a suit, you should opt for a rather discreet model. Dark colours are ideal for this.
- In winter: When the days are cold, the men's scarf can be longer. A thicker men's scarf that can be wrapped around the neck several times goes well with a jacket.
- Spring / autumn: In autumn and spring, the men's scarf can be a little longer and have a somewhat coarser structure.
- In summer: Men's scarves made of linen or silk are a good choice in summer. These men's scarves perfect every summer outfit and create an elegant and sporty look at the same time.
The men's scarf has become an important fashion accessory in the men's world in recent years. Well-known brands offer men's scarves with a high recognition value. Men's scarves are now also worn in summer and serve only a visual purpose.
With the right eye, you can find the right men's scarf for every outfit, which shapes a good look into a perfect look. The functional garment has become a fashion accessory of the very highest quality.
(Image source: chema / unsplash.com)