There is a wide range of sportswear for men. Every man has at least one sports fashion item in his wardrobe. Whether sports pants or sports shirts, they are essential for a good sports experience.
In order to look good while doing sports, you should be clear about which sports items are best for you, from their functions and style. This way you can enjoy the sport and look stylish at the same time.
- 1 Weekly newsletter with the best personal finance tips
- 2 The Best Men´s Sportswear: Our Picks
- 3 Buying criteria: What to look for when buying men's sportswear
- 4 Sportswear for men: The most important questions answered
- 5 Styling tips for men's sportswear: How to achieve the perfect sports look
- 6 Conclusion
The Best Men´s Sportswear: Our Picks
Buying criteria: What to look for when buying men's sportswear
Since the selection of sports fashion is so large, we have picked out the most important buying criteria for you to make your purchase easier.
These are the following buying criteria:
In the following section we have explained the buying categories in more detail.
The material of the sports fashion item is particularly crucial. Whether you do sports in summer or winter, it is important that the clothes are breathable.
Most sportswear is made of polyester and often also elastane. Both materials ensure optimal breathing.
There are also sports clothes made of cotton that are mostly worn in winter and are used for sports where you do not sweat much.
Breathability is very important in sports so that the body gets enough oxygen and you do not swim in your own sweat.
Breathability is ensured by very light fabrics like polyester and also smaller openings in places where you sweat a lot. This way you feel cool and fresh in summer thanks to the light material.
Especially for sports where you sweat a lot, it is an advantage to buy sportswear that dries quickly, so you don't have to do sports in your wet sweaty clothes all the time.
Polyester sportswear is particularly quick-drying. This fabric absorbs sweat and keeps moisture away. Thus, the fashion also controls the body temperature during sports.
Sportswear that fits snugly can breathe better and absorb sweat to dry quickly. Elastane provides elasticity so that the sportswear fits your body perfectly.
Loose-fitting clothes are also particularly suitable for jogging in summer, so that the wind can blow well through the clothes and thus cool the body while exercising.
Sportswear for men: The most important questions answered
With a wide range of sportswear for men, it can be very difficult to find the perfect items for you. To help you with this, we have compiled and answered the most important questions about sports fashion for men.
In which styles is men's sports fashion available?
- Sporty: Sports fashion that looks very sporty are shirts and trousers that are usually made of polyester and elastane and fit very tightly. This type of sportswear looks particularly sporty because it is usually worn by men who are very well trained and whose muscles are therefore strongly defined.
- Casual: Casual sportswear is sporting goods that everyone has in their wardrobe. They are usually worn as such and not for sport. Cotton sports trousers and T-shirts in particular are worn as a fashion statement.
- Basic: Basic sports fashion includes brand-name clothing such as Adidas and Nike. Clothes and shoes from these brands are very popular, whether for sports or leisure wear.
To find the perfect sportswear for you, you simply need to try a few different styles until you find what you like best.
How do I clean my sports fashion items?
When it comes to cleaning, there should be no difficulties as sportswear can actually always be washed easily in the washing machine.
Are tight-fitting or loose sportswear items better?
For weight training, tight-fitting sportswear is recommended for good breathability and sweat absorption to cool the body and also provides nice definition to your muscles.
Styling tips for men's sportswear: How to achieve the perfect sports look
Men's sportswear is essential for men who like to work out and keep their body in shape. No matter where or when you exercise, we'll help you get ready effortlessly and even look good doing it with these styling tips.
- Summer sportswear: In order to train comfortably outdoors during the summer, it is important to wear very light clothes. Polyester sportswear is particularly recommended, as it allows the body to breathe nicely. This way you won't get too warm and you won't overwork yourself.
- Winter sportswear: In winter, it is important to be dressed a little warmer so that you don't catch a cold. We recommend cotton or polyester sportswear with a jacket to wear over it.
No matter what situation you're dressing for with sportswear, you should make sure that the colours of your clothes match and you also don't wear too many different styles and colours at the same time.
These are all just inspirations and suggestions that you can of course vary according to your taste.
Men's sports fashion is suitable for every man. Whether you are fully trained or just starting out. Everyone should have sportswear in their wardrobe to be able to train in good conditions.
Sportswear comes in all colours and styles, so there's sure to be the perfect outfit for every taste. Breathability and a good fit are especially important for your decision when buying sportswear.
Article image: unsplash.com / Karsten Winegeart