Over the past 70 years, men's stretch jeans have become a fashion must-have for all occasions and styles. Thanks to a small amount of elastane, the stretchy jeans adapt to the body and keep their shape.
Stretch jeans are especially popular because of their high wearing comfort. The fabric offers a lot of freedom of movement so that nothing pinches even when sitting. Stretch jeans for men are the ideal companion for leisure time. But stretch jeans can also be used in the office, combined with a white shirt and leather lace-up shoes. In this guide, we present everything you need to know about stretch jeans for men and advise you on the perfect outfit.
- 1 Weekly newsletter with the best personal finance tips
- 2 The Best Men's Stretch Jeans: Our Picks
- 3 Buying criteria: What to look for when buying stretch jeans for men
- 4 Stretch jeans for men: The most important questions answered
- 5 Styling tips for men's stretch jeans: How to achieve the perfect stretch jeans look
- 6 Conclusion
The Best Men's Stretch Jeans: Our Picks
Buying criteria: What to look for when buying stretch jeans for men
With the variety of men's stretch jeans in all kinds of fits and sizes, it can be very difficult to make the right decision. To help you with this, we have listed the most important buying criteria here.
These are the following buying criteria:
- Leg length
- Leg length
In the following section, we go into more detail about the above-mentioned buying criteria.
With men's stretch jeans, as with other trousers, there are different cuts. These include regular-fit jeans, which are cut straight and simple. They are also called straight-leg jeans. Due to the straight cut, the trouser legs are loose so that shoes with a high leg can be worn comfortably.
In contrast, slip-fit jeans are slim-fit. They fit snugly and look good especially on slim legs. Sneakers that reach down to the ankle are the best choice. Finally, there are skinny-fit jeans, which are cut even tighter than slim-fit models. They not only accentuate the thigh and buttock area, but also the calves and ankles. This cut is particularly suitable for slim men.
Men's stretch jeans come in different lengths: long, short, 3/4 and knee-length. Long stretch jeans are available for almost every occasion - whether for leisure or the office. Short jeans end above the knee and are best suited for warm summer days.
3/4 jeans end about mid-calf, while knee-covering jeans end just below the knee. These two shapes are suitable for outdoor sports activities on warm days, among other things. When hiking, for example, these jeans have the advantage that they are airy but still offer protection from UV radiation.
In addition to the leg length, the leg curve also plays a role. The legs can be straight, as is the case with regular/straight cut jeans. They can also be tighter or wider at the end of the leg. We will go into more detail about the different fits in the guide section.
Stretch jeans for men: The most important questions answered
With so many different men's stretch jeans to choose from, many people are overwhelmed by the choice. To help you, we have answered the most important questions about stretch jeans for men.
What are stretch jeans for men?
For some time now, stretch jeans have also enjoyed great popularity in the world of men's fashion. Stretch jeans for men come in different fits, including regular fit, slim fit or skinny fit.
What styles of stretch jeans are available for men?
- Regular/Straight Cut Jeans: This is the classic jeans fit, characterised by a straight cut. It suits every figure and has a stretching effect due to the straight leg shape. This makes you look taller.
- Boot cut jeans: This type of jeans has slightly flared leg ends, allowing the foot hem to fit over loosely laced boots. This cut is suitable for men who have slightly thicker thighs. It makes the entire leg appear narrower and longer. The bootcut men's jeans otherwise suit every figure type and look rather casual. They are therefore less suitable for dressy occasions.
- Loose fit jeans: These are a wide model that sits loosely on the hips. You have plenty of room to move in these jeans. The jeans taper towards the ankles and are therefore slightly carrot-shaped. The jeans suit men with a somewhat stronger build, as their wide cut conceals excess pounds.
- Skinny jeans/slim fit: The skinny jeans have a slim cut throughout and are therefore very figure-hugging. They suit men who are particularly slim. Stronger figure types should avoid this fit. The narrow trouser legs also make skinny jeans make men look taller.
If you are unsure which fit suits you best, we recommend choosing regular/straight cut jeans, as they suit every figure type and are the classic among stretch jeans.
How do I wash a pair of men's stretch jeans?
- Airing jeans: Stretch jeans do not need to be washed frequently. Airing them in the fresh air is often enough to make them feel fresh again. This is especially gentle on the fabric.
- Washing: Due to their high stretch content, you should wash the jeans at 30° C at the most and without fabric softener. Turn the trousers inside out first to preserve the wash.
- Dryer: Do not use the dryer to protect the spandex fibres. Instead, let the trousers dry lying down. This works especially well on a towel.
- Tip: If you have washed your jeans too hot, simply stretch them a little while they are still wet.
Follow these care tips so that you can enjoy your men's stretch jeans for a long time.
What should I do if my stretch jeans for men are too tight?
- Wash jeans properly: Of course, you should wash every garment before wearing it for the first time to get rid of chemical residues from the production process. It is important to either wash the jeans on the gentle cycle at 30° and turn the trousers inside out beforehand or wash the trousers by hand. Do not put the trousers in the dryer. This will make them even tighter.
- Stretch the waistband: The fabric stretches particularly well when it is damp and warmed. In this state, you can hang the jeans over a hanger or waistband stretcher and let them air dry. The jeans can also be left clamped in the waistband stretcher for a few days.
- Iron tight areas: Stretch the jeans over an ironing board while they are still damp and iron at the waistband or legs, anywhere they are still too tight. If the jeans are too tight at the calves, run the iron directly into the trousers to stretch them there.
- Let them dry on the body: You can also put the jeans on directly when they are wet after washing and let them dry that way. The stretch jeans will then be warmed by body temperature and will mould to the shape of your body. You can also move around and squat down a few times to stretch the fabric. This way of stretching the jeans is of course a little uncomfortable and is only suitable when you are in a warm place.
As already mentioned, you can feel free to buy your men's stretch jeans a little smaller, as they will still stretch and widen after being worn for a while. However, don't buy the trousers too tight, after all, you should feel comfortable in them and enjoy wearing them.
Styling tips for men's stretch jeans: How to achieve the perfect stretch jeans look
Stretch jeans for men are available in all kinds of colours and washes. To make sure you are perfectly styled, we have some tips here on how to combine your stretch jeans into a coherent outfit:
- Business look: For a serious and well-groomed impression in the office, regular-fit jeans in a dark blue shade are suitable. The jeans should have a discreet wash and as few signs of wear as possible. Combining them with a white shirt, a dark jacket and elegant lace-up shoes makes the outfit look casually elegant and office-appropriate.
- Rock style: Grey or black, washed-out slim-fit jeans are suitable for a rocky street style. Wear marks and creases in the used look give the outfit a rocky and individual touch. A men's T-shirt with a trendy logo print and a casual sweat jacket round off the casual outfit.
- Party outfit: For your outfit away from the office, you can go for stretch jeans with more signs of wear. Pair them with a loose men's tank top and pull a denim shirt or slim-fit shirt over it. Paired with casual sneakers, the stylish party outfit is ready.
Denis is versatile and can be worn for different occasions. Whether in dark blue for the office or in a used look for leisure. Stretch jeans are the perfect everyday companion.
Stretch jeans have also enjoyed great popularity in the men's world for some years now. They are available in different fits and can be worn for a wide variety of occasions when combined correctly.
Stretch jeans can do a lot for your figure and make you appear visually taller or slimmer. Just follow the tips in our styling guide to ensure you are always well dressed.