Just a few years ago, leather jackets were considered a sign of rebellion. Today they can be found in almost every wardrobe, whether man or woman, and it is hard to imagine the world of fashion without them. They are easy to combine and you always look well dressed.
Suede jackets for men are a real statement piece and round off every outfit perfectly. Whether in spring or autumn, leather jackets are a real eye-catcher in every season.
- 1 Weekly newsletter with the best personal finance tips
- 2 The Best Mens Suede Jacket: Our Picks
- 3 Buying criteria: What to look for when buying men's suede jackets
- 4 Suede jackets for men: The most important questions answered
- 5 Styling tips for men's suede jackets: How to achieve the perfect suede jacket look
- 6 Conclusion
The Best Mens Suede Jacket: Our Picks
Buying criteria: What to look for when buying men's suede jackets
With such a large selection of men's suede jackets, it's not always easy to find the right one for your needs. In the following sections you will find out what really matters when buying.
These are the following buying criteria:
- With or without collar
- Leather type
The following is a brief overview of the most important aspects.
A suede jacket for men should definitely fit well. Jackets that are too big can often look bulky and make the upper body look bigger and wider than it really is. A jacket that is too small, on the other hand, can be uncomfortable and looks unflattering.
A men's suede jacket is an investment that will stay in a man's wardrobe for a long time, so it is important to buy the right size so that the jacket will be worn with pleasure.
It is important that the leather jacket fits well at the shoulders and does not hang down.
Depending on when you want to wear the men's suede jacket, you have to decide for or against a lining. Leather jackets without lining are more suitable for the warm spring and summer months.
When the autumn and winter temperatures are cool, it is advisable to buy a suede jacket for men with lining, then you won't have to do without your fashionable it-piece in the cold months either.
The lining of the leather jacket can vary from lambskin lining to the popular teddy lining and vegan versions.
With or without collar
Another important aspect is choosing the right style of suede jacket for men. There are numerous models for men with or without a collar. Which men's suede jacket is the best decision clearly depends on your own imagination.
A suede jacket for men with a collar is especially suitable for cold temperatures if it is lined with fur. This type of leather jacket is perfect for the transition.
Men's suede jackets without a collar look cool and casual. They round off any outfit, whether it's a relaxed everyday look or a chic business outfit.
Type of leather
The type of leather naturally plays an important role when choosing a suede jacket for men. Genuine leather is usually more expensive and needs to be well cared for to keep it looking good for years.
Genuine leather matures and ages over time, giving the jacket an unusual charm. This aspect is very attractive to many and adds that personal touch to the outfit.
Nowadays, faux leather jackets can hardly be distinguished from real leather and are a real alternative. Of course, you have more choice when it comes to colour, as imitation leather can be dyed in any colour. Imitation leather is also easier to care for.
Suede jackets for men: The most important questions answered
With such a large selection, it can be very difficult to find the right suede jacket for men. We have summarised the most important questions on this topic for you and will answer them below.
In which styles are men's suede jackets available?
- Biker jackets: Leather jackets for men in biker style are timeless classics. With their usually asymmetrical zip, they express a certain nonchalance and coolness and skilfully set the scene for any plain outfit.
- Leather blousons: For a casual and modern look, leather bomber jackets for men are perfect. They are comfortable and look good on any figure. Thanks to the cuffs on the arms, neck and hips, you are protected from the cold and can get through the transitional season in style.
- Vintage-style jackets: Men's suede jackets in vintage style are very detailed and a real eye-catcher. Whether studded or embellished with fringes, a vintage leather jacket will enhance any simple outfit.
Which jacket suits your type and personal style better can only be found out by trial and error.
How sensitive are suede jackets for men?
How do I care for and clean my men's suede jacket?
To prevent this, it is important to impregnate the men's suede jacket immediately after purchase. This prevents dirt and water stains and keeps the jacket looking fresh for longer. This process should be repeated regularly to make the men's suede jacket durable.
To remove small dirt stains from the material, clean the jacket dry with a soft brush. For larger stains, you can wet clean the men's suede jacket with a suitable leather cleaner.
Do I need to grease my men's suede jacket?
Styling tips for men's suede jackets: How to achieve the perfect suede jacket look
Suede jackets for men can be combined in many ways. We show you how to create the perfect look around the leather jacket in this short guide.
- Loose and relaxed: For example, you can create the perfect casual look with a simple white T-shirt, a pair of classic blue jeans and a pair of your favourite sneakers - your casual look is ready.
- Elegant: The suede jacket for men can also be combined well with a more elegant occasion. Simply pair it with a pair of fabric or chino trousers and a classy men's shirt. Go perfectly with a pair of leather lace-ups.
- Stylish in colour: A matching belt or colourful accessories can enhance any simple outfit and bring some colour into play. A scarf or a pair of aviator glasses also perfectly accentuate your men's suede jacket.
Of course, you don't have to stick to any styling guide and can live out your style completely as you like. These tips should only serve as inspiration and help you to find your own personal style.
Suede jackets for men are among the most popular items of clothing, not only among men. They are easy to combine and you can't go wrong with them. Whether casually combined for a relaxed walk or chic and elegant for a business meeting. Men's suede jackets go with almost any occasion.
With the right accessories, you can easily create different looks and always look stylish. The comfortable feel and correct fit should never be neglected, however, so that the men's suede jacket can be used in a variety of ways and does not gather dust in the wardrobe, which would be a shame for such a statement piece.
(Image source: Noah Kroes / unsplash)