Nobody likes rainy weather, especially if you don't have the right footwear. To avoid wet socks and mud splashes on your trousers, rubber boots for men are the perfect solution.
Men's rubber boots are not only practical, but can also look very smart. They are very versatile. So you can wear them very well while gardening, fishing or at work. However, men's rubber boots can now also be perfectly combined with any everyday look. Men's rubber boots offer high functionality and appealing designs.
- 1 Weekly newsletter with the best personal finance tips
- 2 The Best Mens Wellington Boots: Our Picks
- 3 Buying criteria: What you should look out for when buying men's rubber boots
- 4 Men's rubber boots: The most important questions answered
- 5 Conclusion
The Best Mens Wellington Boots: Our Picks
Buying criteria: What you should look out for when buying men's rubber boots
From simple all-rounders to fancy designer pieces: rubber boots for men are no longer just practical for gardening in the rain, but go with every outfit. When buying them, however, there are a few things you should keep in mind. These are the following buying criteria:
- non-slip sole
The following sections will tell you how to choose the perfect pair of wellies.
There are basically two different varieties of men's rubber boots. High rubber boots and low men's rubber boots. In the following, we will explain both variants in more detail:
- High rubber boots for men: In everyday life, high rubber boots are the most popular choice for men. They have two main functions. On the one hand, men's rubber boots offer comprehensive and intensive protection when working, and on the other hand, they protect against wetness, cold and dirt during leisure time. In addition, the high rubber boots for men are often made of a very durable material and have integrated steel toecaps. The high rubber boots for men are therefore very suitable as work shoes both at work and for gardening, for example. Since they usually have a zip, an elastic band or laces on the shaft, a good fit of the boot is guaranteed. With high men's rubber boots, it is a good idea to tuck your trousers into the boot.
- low rubber boots for men: The low rubber boots for men usually reach up to the calf. This protects the trousers and socks from rain and mud, and they do not look as massive as the high men's rubber boots. The calf-high boot protects trousers and stockings from rain and mud without appearing too massive. Men's low rubber boots come in all kinds of styles and colours, so there's something for everyone. With men's low rubber boots, you can tuck your trousers into the boots as well as wear them over them. So they are also very versatile to style. However, they do not offer as much protection as the high men's rubber boots.
Basically, there are three different materials that your men's rubber boot can be made of.
- Natural rubber - men's rubber boots (also called rubber): Rubber boots made of natural rubber are usually not made of 100% rubber, but of a natural rubber mixture. This makes the boots more robust and resistant. The rubber boots made of natural rubber are very comfortable to wear. Since natural rubber can be dyed very well, there are no limits to the design of the rubber boots. However, natural rubber rubber boots also require good care.
- PVC- men's rubber boots: PVC is a thermoplastic and is often used for floor coverings. Men's rubber boots made of PVC are mainly used for work, as PVC is a particularly resistant material. Acids, lyes, grease or liquid manure do not stand a chance against PVC rubber boots. In addition, PVC rubber boots are very easy to maintain. Simply washing them with water is usually sufficient.
- Men's rubber boots made of polyurethane (PU): PU rubber boots are the luxury version of men's rubber boots. Polyurethane is a particularly hard-wearing and robust material and provides the perfect mix of hard and flexible material properties. It is therefore perfectly suited for the production of men's rubber boots. They are cold-elastic and much lighter than PVC rubber boots. They are acid resistant and water repellent. As they are very comfortable and very protective, they are perfect for those who have to wear rubber boots every day at work.
If you want to wear your men's rubber boots in winter, you should make sure that your rubber boots are lined. Rubber boots for men with faux fur will warm your feet from the inside even in sub-zero temperatures. The lining should also be rubberised and therefore insensitive to moisture.
An important criterion when buying rubber boots for men is also their sole. Men's rubber boots should have a tread that cushions footsteps to prevent slipping. The sole should also be waterproof.
The most important factor in men's rubber boots is waterproofness. That's exactly why you buy rubber boots. So when you buy men's rubber boots, you should make sure that your rubber boots are made of one of the materials mentioned above, as they are 100% waterproof.
Men's rubber boots: The most important questions answered
Choosing the right rubber boots for men is not always easy. Therefore, we have answered the most important questions about men's rubber boots for you.
What types of men's rubber boots are there?
- Work rubber boots Men's rubber boots are the perfect work shoes for all butchers, farmers and industrial workers. They offer a high degree of safety and are very resistant. When handling animals and heavy loads, the rubber boots with steel toecaps are especially recommended. The work boots must also be of resistant to chemicals, oils, greases, slurry etc., which is why we recommend the work rubber boots made of polyurethane. They are also very comfortable to wear.
- Ankle boot: These fashionable men's rubber boots are especially suitable for everyday wear. A colourful men's rubber boot can brighten up any mood in grey and rainy weather and make the outfit a real eye-catcher. Due to the low shaft height, ankle boots are perfect to combine with chinos. You can wear the trousers either over the shoe or underneath and thus create different looks. The ankle boot is therefore perfect for the everyday look.
- Casual rubber boots Men's rubber boots are also perfect to wear in your free time. Whether gardening, hiking or fishing, rubber boots for men are comfortable and practical. For these outdoor activities, you don't have to worry about getting your trousers dirty, wet or injured. The leisure rubber boots offer all-round protection thanks to the high shaft and the profiled sole. For fishermen, the waders are especially recommended. These reach above the thigh and therefore offer a high level of protection even in shallow waters. The waders are usually made of flexible neoprene and have an elastic, waterproof extension in the form of thigh-high cuffs.
How do I clean and care for my men's rubber boots?
Who are men's rubber boots suitable for?
How can men's rubber boots be combined well in everyday life?
The men's rubber boot is a very versatile shoe. It is used in the working world as well as in leisure time and as a fashionable garment. The men's rubber boot is available in high and low, for different occasions and in many different colours and patterns. There is therefore the perfect rubber boot for men for every situation. The men's rubber boot is the perfect all-rounder shoe for everyone.
However, if you want to buy a men's rubber boot, you should make sure that it is made of a high-quality material. You also need to make sure that it is waterproof and has a good, non-slip sole. Once you have found the perfect men's rubber boot for you, nothing will stand in the way of a wading trip with the family. If you then also pay attention to the right care, you will enjoy your men's rubber boot for many years.
(Image source: Madib Zikri / unsplash)