Welcome! Today we're going to talk about the Michael Kors watch, which recently was a fever in Brazilian lands and is still doing very well. The famous New York brand produces several exceptional models for this accessory that many consider indispensable!
The Michael Kors wristwatch became famous in Brazil for having a lot of quality and beauty without being as expensive as some other brands. People started bringing copies from abroad to resell them here. But, today, it is quite easy to find it! Let's talk now about models, types, specifications and designs. Let's go?
- 1 Weekly newsletter with the best personal finance tips
- 2 First things first
- 3 The Best Michael Kors Watch: Our Picks
- 4 Buying Guide
- 4.1 Why is Michael Kors a respected brand?
- 4.2 What are the differentiators of a Michael Kors watch?
- 4.3 Michael Kors Analogue or digital watch?
- 4.4 What are the main materials used by Michael Kors in their watches?
- 4.5 How to clean your Michael Kors watch?
- 4.6 How to recognize if a Michael Kors watch is original?
- 5 Purchase Criteria: What to consider when choosing your Michael Kors watch
First things first
- Michael Kors is an established brand in various fields of fashion and accessories. Its watches stand out along with handbags, shoes, jewellery and many other items.
- What makes Michael Kors so famous is the fact that the brand produces top of the line watches that are beautiful, elegant and durable, without being as expensive as most of its competitors.
- There are Michael Kors watches for both men and women, and for all tastes, from the flashiest to the minimalist, from traditional to full of technology.
The Best Michael Kors Watch: Our Picks
It's time to talk about more details about Michael Kors watches. What makes this brand so popular? What makes it different? How to choose the perfect watch for you?
Stay tuned in our buying guide and have all your questions answered!
Why is Michael Kors a respected brand?
This happens because it is a brand that combines several key features: durability, strength, reliability, beauty, elegance and affordability. When a piece or accessory manages to concentrate all this, success is guaranteed!
Michael Kors does not only manufacture wristwatches: its women's handbags are very famous, and there are also highlights in areas such as footwear, jewellery and perfumes (both male and female). In none of them, the above mentioned characteristics are left aside.
After his initial own brand didn't make big profits, Kors got a job as a salesman in a New York boutique. Only there did his talent stand out and, after being elevated to the main stylist there, he could try once again to launch his own brand.
This time, with enormous success!
What are the differentiators of a Michael Kors watch?
Michael Kors is the brand capable of offering all these features at an affordable price.
The brand offers a complete line of models that goes from the simplest and most minimalist to those that use pearls and crystals, drawing a lot of attention. It also knows how to apply technology very well in its exceptional smartwatches.
There aren't many negative points related to Michael Kors. We can only mention that, in a prejudiced way because of the accessible values, some people associate the brand with a reputation of "corny". And that, unfortunately, there are many fakes.
But you just have to buy in safe and respected places to not suffer with fakes.
Below, a table with the main advantages and disadvantages of Michael Kors watches:
Michael Kors Analogue or digital watch?
Michael Kors has exceptional models of both types that can be on your wrist every day.
There is no denying that a digital watch is more beautiful and elegant. It is suitable for social situations, work and meetings. It can, of course, be worn at any time, but if you prefer a more stripped down look, it might be better to opt for the digital one.
After all, the digital watch has a casual look and goes very well for sports, going to the clubs or to a party.
The digital watch allows you to see the time and also set it more easily. Who has no practice may take a little time to get used to the analog model.
We compare the two types in the table below:
|Analog Michael Kors watch||Digital Michael Kors watch|
|Visual||Beautiful and elegant||Stripped and casual|
|Timekeeping||In hands||In numbers|
|Advantages||Gives a much more elegant look to your look, is a classic and impactful piece||Presents easier to see and arrange the time, weighs less|
|When to use||Social situations, work, meetings, gatherings||Practice of sports, parties, barbecues|
What are the main materials used by Michael Kors in their watches?
We list below some of the main materials that can compose a Michael Kors watch:
- Stainless Steel: It is known for its great resistance. It does not rust, is resistant to atmospheric corrosion and the effects of time, guaranteeing years of use to the product. It may not be as elegant and coveted as other materials, but it is undoubtedly one of the best.
- Titanium: It is also a material of great resistance, but it is difficult to extract. This makes its value more expensive when compared to stainless steel. Usually, its alloys do not allow so much variation in models.
- Gold: Synonymous with wealth, gold is the most expensive and coveted material for a watch. Michael Kors has some very good models using this noble metal. It needs special care and is quite expensive.
- Leather: Unlike the other materials mentioned, leather is used only on the bracelet part. It can be quite elegant, especially if used in a more rustic way. As it is of animal origin, it may displease many. It also requires special care.
Michael Kors still eventually uses in its watches some types of crystals (such as swarovski) and pearls, in addition to other precious metals. There is something available for all tastes!
How to clean your Michael Kors watch?
For this, special care needs to be taken. Among them, the main one is the cleaning of the piece.
The first step is to clean the bracelet. It will be necessary to identify the material: stainless steel or metals will use one type of solution, leather or silicone will ask for another.
If your Michael Kors watch is made of stainless steel or metal, regularly wipe down with a soapy solution. Use a lint-free, lint-free cloth to wipe off and then dry the band thoroughly.
The process with leather is similar, only replacing the soap with vinegar.
For the watch body, the ideal cleaning is to use a cotton swab dipped in water and a little bit of soap. Then, gently wipe it over the face and corners of the piece, removing any impurities that may exist.
The ideal is to clean your Michael Kors watch every two months.
How to recognize if a Michael Kors watch is original?
Purchase Criteria: What to consider when choosing your Michael Kors watch
The time has come to talk about some more technical issues of Michael Kors watches. We have selected some issues that can be very important at the time of your purchase:
Below, we will talk a little more about each of these factors.
To know what is the ideal size of the Michael Kors watch for you, you will need to measure your wrist.
If the diameter of your wrist is up to 18 cm, you should choose a small model, with between 38 and 42 mm. A medium wrist, between 18 and 22 cm, calls for a model between 42 and 44 mm. And for a larger wrist, above 42 mm in diameter, use a large watch, above 44 mm.
It is currently fashionable to wear watches that are tighter to the wrist, such as slim watches. If this is your preference, you will need to pay attention to the specific measurements.
What is your ideal watch shape? We are talking here about the body, not the bracelets. There are some round ones, some square ones, and recently even models with more modern, deconstructed designs.
Michael Kors offers all these options and the main thing is that you follow your personal taste. The round ones are considered more discreet and elegant, however, follow what fits best with your style!
We live in a highly technological world. Of course, watches are not left out of it and a brand like Michael Kors also updates itself.
Smartwatches present a number of possibilities. They connect with our smartphone to show important information of the day to day, in addition to calls, messages and notifications.
If you prefer a smartwatch to a traditional watch, try to find out if it is the most updated model and if it has the functions you need. If you're a sports enthusiast, for example, a heart rate monitor could be great!
When we buy a watch from an established brand like Michael Kors, we want it to last and spend many years with us. That's why it's important to check the model's endurance specifications and measurements.
The two most important resistances of a watch are water and impact. Always read how many meters of depth the model still works and how much force it can withstand. This way you will know in which situations you need to take special care of the piece!
(Featured image source: Malte Wingen / Unsplash.com)