Painting your nails can be so much fun and can even make you feel more confident. Messy or chipped nails can ruin an entire look. However, you may not have the time or budget to always go to the nail salon and keep your nails looking perfect. The key to having your nails looking great all the time is a high-quality nail lamp. Does this sound interesting? Keep reading!
When painting your nails, the most important part is the drying stage. If you do not dry your nails correctly or long enough, they can end up looking bad. A nail lamp is a perfect item to help speed up this process to give you hard, beautiful nails. Before buying this item, it is very important to know as much as you can about it. This way, you can make the best purchase. We have made this shopping guide and review for you to help you with your choice.
- 1 Weekly newsletter with the best personal finance tips
- 2 Summary
- 3 The best Nail Lamp: Our Picks
- 4 Shopping Guide: Everything You Should Know About Nail Lamps
- 4.1 What is a nail lamp exactly?
- 4.2 How do I use a nail lamp?
- 4.3 How long should I dry my nails?
- 4.4 Which one is better: a nail lamp with LED or ultraviolet light?
- 4.5 Why do I need a nail lamp?
- 4.6 What type of nail polish can I use with a nail lamp?
- 4.7 What are the pros and cons of nail lamps?
- 4.8 Shopping Criteria
- 4.9 Timer
- 4.10 Infrared Sensor
- 4.11 Drying Time
- 4.12 Type of Lighting
- 4.13 Design
- 5 Summary
- You will find various models of nail lamps on the market. It is important to go over all of the characteristics of each choice to make the best purchase possible.
- It is not complicated to use a nail lamp, but it is very important to read and follow the instructions that come with it. This way, you will be able to use this item the correct way and get amazing results.
- When purchasing your nail lamp, it must come with a timer. That way you will be able to know how long you should keep your nails under the lamp. It is also a great idea to buy one that has a motion sensor. This will allow the item to turn off and on when you put your nails under it.
The best Nail Lamp: Our Picks
The best way to get to know what these lamps have to offer is diving into the market and seeing what models are out there. Seeing the photos, reading the reviews, and browsing the various options will help you get a better idea of how these items work and which is best for you. We understand that you may not know where to start. So, we have made a list of our favorite nail lamps on the market to help you with your choice.
Shopping Guide: Everything You Should Know About Nail Lamps
The list that we created for you above of the best nail lamps on the U.S. market was probably very useful. If you read the product description of these items, you now have an idea of the characteristics that these products offer. However, we still want to delve deeper into what these products are and how they work. In the following shopping guide, we have answered some of the most common questions from buyers like you.
What is a nail lamp exactly?
Most of these lamps have an infrared system. This detects when you put your hands in front of the lamp and will automatically turn the device on. In the same way, once you take your hands out from underneath the lamp, it will turn off. Many come with a timer so that you choose how long you want your nails to dry. Once the timer runs out, the machine will turn off.
How do I use a nail lamp?
- Plug your lamp in or make sure that its battery is fully charged.
- Finish your manicure. Make sure to fix your cuticles, remove any hangnails, and file your nails.
- Apply your nail polish.
- Set the timer on the nail lamp.
- Put one hand in at a time. You should dry your nails after every layer.
- When you finish using the machine, unplug it. Once it cools down, clean it off and put it away.
How long should I dry my nails?
Which one is better: a nail lamp with LED or ultraviolet light?
|Speed||Faster.||Dry nails in a few minutes.|
|Nail polish||You have to use special nail polish meant for this type of lighting.||Works with different types of nail polish.|
|Energy||Uses less energy and is better for the environment since this type of light lasts longer.||Uses more energy and is more fragile.|
Why do I need a nail lamp?
- Many people feel much more confident when they have their nails done. You will look and feel great. You no longer have to hide your chipped nails, as a nail lamp makes doing your nails much simpler.
- Neatly done nails give other people the impression that you are a neat, organized person.
- Nail polish often helps people who have the habit of biting their nails. This is a dirty habit that can lead to hurting your fingers.
What type of nail polish can I use with a nail lamp?
|Normal||Semipermanent||Permanent||Gel Nail Polish|
|Duration||Less than one week.||Longer than normal nail polish.||Around 3 weeks.||Around 3 weeks.|
|Removal||Acetone.||Acetone, but it takes a little bit more force.||Wrap your nail in cotton and aluminum foil with acetone.||The same as permanent nail polish.|
What are the pros and cons of nail lamps?
We are nearing the end of this article. As we mentioned in the section before, you now know a lot about these items. However, before making your final decision we want to mention some shopping criteria that you should note in the different options you see on the market. This will help you make the best purchase possible.
Although almost all nail lamps come with a timer, you need to make sure it has one before purchasing it. A timer will automatically turn off the machine after it runs out of time. You won't have to worry about keeping track of time yourself and put the exact amount of time that you wish.
Currently, many nail lamps come with an infrared sensor, which turns the machine on and off automatically when you put your hand in or out from under the lamp. The models that include this function are very convenient, because you will not have to touch the lamp to turn it off and on, and, also, it saves energy.
The drying time is very important. When it comes to ultraviolet lamps, the more watts it has the faster the machine will dry your nails. For example, if a lamp has 72 watts, it will take about a minute. On the other hand, if you buy an LED lamp, the drying time will depend on the number of light bulbs that it contains. Note that LED lamps will dry your nails faster.
Type of Lighting
You may be wondering if you should get a lamp with LED or ultraviolet lighting. Note that some models have both. We recommend that you buy one with LED lighting. These lamps dry faster, last a long time, and consume less energy. However, you can use ultraviolet lamps with any type of nail polish.
Look for a nail lamp that has a compact design and that takes up little space. Most of the time, these devices are meant to be portable. Make sure you purchase a model that is not too heavy.
A nail lamp is a must for all nail fans. If you don't have enough time or money to get your nails done at a salon all of the time, it is time to get one of these machines to do it in your own home. There is a huge variety of options on the market that will give you professional results.
We believe that we have provided you with the correct amount of information to make the best purchase. You will look and feel great with your nails always ready. So, now the choice is yours. What are you waiting for?
We hope that you have enjoyed our article about nail lamps. If you liked this shopping guide and review, don't forget to share it with your friends on social media. Have you tried using this item? Tell us about your experience; we want to hear from you. Thank you so much.
(Source of featured image: Pavel Chernobrivets: 44478500/ 123rf.com)