Welcome to the Wellness Guide. In the search for a healthy life and care for the environment, many people have begun to include environmentally friendly items in their daily lives, such as natural toothpaste.
The product is part of the routine of oral hygiene care, prevents and fights diseases, eliminates bad breath and leaves the teeth more beautiful. Do you want to know all the advantages of natural toothpaste and use the product? Come and join us!
- 1 Weekly newsletter with the best personal finance tips
- 2 First, the most important thing
- 3 Natural Toothpaste: Our Selection
- 4 Buying Guide
- 5 Purchase criteria: Compare natural toothpaste models
First, the most important thing
- The natural toothpaste comes in biodegradable packaging. Both the box and the tube are made of materials that disintegrate when in contact with nature.
- It takes a while to get used to natural toothpaste. One of the main differences of this product is the texture of the cream. The natural toothpaste makes little foam during brushing.
- The natural toothpaste is free of dyes, preservatives and parabens. In this product you do not find synthetic raw materials or animal origin, for this reason the product is considered vegan.
Natural Toothpaste: Our Selection
Natural cosmetology has come a long way in recent years. Today, you can find natural cosmetics for sale easily in physical and online shops. We have selected the best natural toothpaste options below:
One alternative is to use a natural toothpaste. But is this option really effective? Find out the answer to this and many other questions in this Buying Guide. Enjoy your reading!
What are the characteristics of natural toothpaste?
One alternative is to switch from regular toothpaste to natural toothpaste, an organic, vegan, cruelty-free and eco-friendlyproduct .
However, replacing an everyday product is not a simple task. This process can be a little longer because of the need to get used to the characteristics of the substitute.
What's in the natural toothpaste formula?
The product is free of chemical and synthetic substances, which are harmful to health when used over a prolonged period.
To replace fluoride, Xylitol is used, a vegetable substance that has excellent bacteriostatic capacity. The product is also free of sodium fluoride and sugar - components present in common toothpastes.
Because it is free of ingredients of animal origin, the natural toothpaste is considered vegan. The product is also Cruelty-Free, as it does not conduct tests on animals.
Now that you know the characteristics of natural toothpaste, we will delve into the benefits of this cosmetic.
- Neutralizes the pH of the mouth: The natural toothpaste is made with Xylitol, this substance neutralizes the pH of the mouth, preventing demineralization and weakening of the teeth. Neutral pH prevents the appearance of plaque, cavities and bad breath.
- Blocks the metabolism of bacteria: Xylitol can block the metabolism of bacteria, a process that turns food debris into substances harmful to oral health.
These benefits put natural toothpaste on par, as far as effectiveness is concerned, with a traditional toothpaste.
The big challenge with using a natural toothpaste is that the product does not deliver the immediate results that conventional toothpaste does. This is because of both the formula and the texture of the product.
Natural toothpaste is unlikely to lather very much, so some people get the impression that their teeth are not really clean.
The recommendation is to put a small amount of product, make circular motions and spread the paste equally throughout the mouth. And don't worry, even with little foam, natural toothpaste is very effective.
Learn more advantages - and some disadvantages - of the product in the table below:
Purchase criteria: Compare natural toothpaste models
After learning about the benefits of natural toothpaste, it's time to learn how to choose the ideal product. We have selected the features we consider key below:
We will detail each of the topics throughout this section. Tip: It is worth testing a few products until you find a suitable natural toothpaste.
Before buying a natural toothpaste, analyse the formula, indicated on the product label. We list the main active ingredients and their respective functions below:
- Clay: Promotes gentle cleansing, which contributes to the gradual removal of plaque. It also has alkalising, anti-inflammatory and remineralising properties.
- Coconut oil: This is used to add consistency to toothpaste. It contains caprylic, lauric and myristic acids, which have bactericidal and antifungal properties.
- Sodium bicabornate: It is used as a mild abrasive that neutralizes the acids formed by bacteria. It also helps whiten teeth.
- Essential oils: They have beneficial properties for the health of the teeth. In addition, they add flavor and aroma to natural toothpaste.
Besides these ingredients, common in all natural toothpastes, there are still the main actives, which change from one product to another. Get to know them in the table below:
|Bactericidal||Licorice extract, Mallow, chamomile and melissa|
|Anti-inflammatory||Mallow, chamomile, turmeric and cocoa|
|Antiseptic||Chamomile, turmeric, clove and pomegranate|
|Antioxidant||Grape, coffee and cocoa|
|Stimulant||Coffee, cocoa, guarana and sage|
You can find the natural toothpaste in tubes of different sizes. Besides the traditional 90g version, there are options with 50, 60, 80 and 120g. You can buy the product by unit or in sets of two to ten units.
Another option is to buy a set with natural toothpaste, mouthwash and biodegradable toothbrush.
Another feature that deserves attention when buying is the taste of natural toothpaste - essential oils are used to give flavour and aroma to the product. You can find more common options like mint and melaleuca.
Other options are chamomile, turmeric, coffee and banana. In case you have never tried natural toothpaste, it is best to buy just one unit. If you like it, you can buy a set with two, six, eight or ten units.
Those who are beginning to exchange traditional cosmetics for organic products, do not know which brands are reference in natural cosmetology.
Boni Brasil, for example, has a line of natural and vegan products: Boni Natural, which has several products for oral hygiene as bamboo toothbrush and mouthwash. The natural toothpaste stands out for its texture.
Organic Natural offers a wide variety of cosmetics for daily use: soaps, shampoo, conditioner, moisturizing cream, deodorant and the entire line of oral hygiene.
There are five options of natural toothpaste: Two traditional models - with glycerin or turmeric - one to whiten teeth, an option for children's use and an energetic toothpaste.
(Featured image source: Lightfieldstudios/ 123RF.com)