It is a joy to have you here in the Wellness Guide. Today we will talk about the perfume Paco Rabanne, French brand synonymous with boldness, sensuality and innovation, present in the perfumery business since 1969.
You will find options of perfumes for men and women, both with excellent fixation and remarkable fragrance. Learn the differentials of Paco Rabanne perfume and find the fragrance that best suits you in this article.
- 1 Weekly newsletter with the best personal finance tips
- 2 The most important facts
- 3 The Best Paco Rabanne Perfume: Our Picks
- 4 Buying Guide
- 5 Purchase Criteria: What to analyse in Paco Rabanne perfume
The most important facts
- You can find women's and men's fragrances in Eau de Toilette and Eau de Parfum categories.
- Paco Rabanne's men's perfumes are: One Million, Invictus, Black XS and Pour Homme. The women's perfumes are: Lady Million, Calandre, Black XS and Olympéa.
- These perfumes are sold in bottles of 30, 50, 80, 100, 150 or 200 ml. Because of the intense fixation, the product has excellent durability.
The Best Paco Rabanne Perfume: Our Picks
With so many options, you are sure to find a fragrance that conveys your personality. Learn more about Paco Rabanne perfumes in this Buying Guide.
Why is Paco Rabanne perfume iconic?
In 1969, the brand entered the world of perfumery and established the characteristics that placed Paco Rabanne among the best perfume brands in the world: innovation, sensuality and audacity.
Inspired in the sophisticated and modern universe of the designer that gives name to the brand, Paco Rabanne perfumes are developed especially for creative and determined men and women.
What are the differentials of Paco Rabanne perfume?
Paco Rabanne perfumes have outstanding fragrances in different olfactory families: Fruity, Floral, Woody, Aromatic and Oriental. Learn all the advantages of the product in the table below:
Which is the best Paco Rabanne perfume for men?
The most successful perfume of the brand is One Million. The light and refreshing fragrance is from the Oriental Aromatic family, ideal for men with a strong personality.
This perfume should be worn at night, especially when the weather is mild, as it has attractive notes. You can also use it at times when you need to transmit confidence, such as business meetings.
An option for those who want to seduce is the perfume Black XS. The Oriental Woody fragrance conveys virility. The perfume should be worn at night, especially in cold weather.
If it is used during the day, avoid very hot moments, because the mixture of sweat with this fragrance does not bring a good result.
Another very popular perfume is Invictus. The aquatic woody fragrance suits warm seasons as it exudes citrus notes and the fresh scent of the ocean. The light fragrance suits athletic and sporty men.
This perfume is very striking, so you should wear it when you want to attract attention. Avoid wearing it in the work or study environment.
You will find two variations of Invictus perfume: Legend and Acqua, for day and night, respectively.
Those who prefer a classic fragrance should use Pour Homme. With an aromatic woody fragrance, this perfume is mature and suits men of all ages. Versatile, it can be worn at work and at leisure.
Which Paco Rabanne perfume is successful among women?
Lady Million perfume combines floral and fruity notes in a fragrance that suits delicate and feminine women. Because of the striking fragrance, reserve this perfume for use at night.
Calandre perfume associates floral aroma with woody notes. The fragrance pleases women who like sweet perfumes - although the sweet side only appears after a few hours.
Those who prefer a more striking perfume should invest in Black XS. The fragrance combines floral, fruity and woody notes, ideal for young and modern women.
Use this perfume at night, combining it with a ballad dress. If you are looking for a perfume to wear during the day, choose Black XS Los Angeles.
Another option is Olympéa perfume. With a fresh fragrance, it is versatile and can be worn both during the day and at night.
Purchase Criteria: What to analyse in Paco Rabanne perfume
Buying a Paco Rabanne perfume is an investment, because the product is not cheap. In order not to waste money, it is essential that you find a perfume that matches your personality. To help you, we have selected the criteria you should analyse when buying:
We will detail each of the criteria throughout this section. By following these tips, your purchase will be a success.
You will find Paco Rabanne perfumes in different olfactory families, i.e. combinations of aromatic notes which form the fragrances.
- Woody: a fragrance based on the combination of different types of woods, it is often used in male perfumes. The woody fragrances are divided in subfamilies: fresh, aromatic, aquatic, oriental, amber and spicy.
- Oriental: fragrance with an exotic touch. It is divided into the following olfactory subfamilies: woody, amber, spicy, floral, gourmand and fougère.
- Floral: Fragrance produced through the distillation of flowers resulting in a concentrated oil that is mixed with essential oils. It is subdivided in the following families: Fruity, aquatic, fresh, oriental and woody.
- Aromatic: Fragrance composed of aromatic herbs in bold combinations, common in male perfumes. Subdivisions: Aquatic, fougère, fresh and green.
|Characteristics||Indication of use||Options of perfumes|
|Woody||Classic fragrance, it transmits sophistication||Night||Invictus and Black XS feminine and masculine|
|Oriental||Enveloping fragrance and with exotic touch, it transmits sensuality||Night||One Million and Olympéa|
|Floral||Enveloping fragrance, conveys femininity and delicacy||Day or night||Lady Million and Calandre|
|Aromatic||Fresh and natural fragrance||Day||Pour Homme|
To choose a Paco Rabanne perfume you must go beyond the olfactory family and analyse which fragrances are part of the olfactory pyramid, a system developed to organise the olfactory notes.
- Top Notes: This is the fragrance that is felt immediately on wearing the perfume. It corresponds to 10 to 20% of the formula and lasts up to ten minutes in the air.
- Heart/body notes: It is the fragrance we feel after the perfume is absorbed by the skin. It corresponds to 40% of the formula and lasts from two to six hours.
- Base/back notes: The fragrance that penetrates the skin. It corresponds to 50% of the formula and lasts up to eight hours.
One of the most important characteristics in a perfume is the concentration, as it defines how long the fragrance lasts on the skin. There are five classifications, but Paco Rabanne perfumes are classified in only two.
- Eau de Toilette: Can be worn during the day and night in different environments. Suggestions: Invictus, One Million, Calandre and Pour Homme.
- Eau de Parfum: It is stronger, so it should be used in special moments, especially at night. Suggestions: Olympéa, Lady Million, One Million Privé, Black XS feminine.
Quantity in ml
You can find Paco Rabanne perfumes in bottles of different sizes. We list the options below. Note: perfumes that are repeated are available in more than one size:
- 30ml: Black XS, Lady Million, Black XS feminine, Olympéa, One Million and Pour Homme.
- 50ml: Invictus, Black XS (both), Lady Million, One Million, Olympéa and Pour Homme.
- 80ml: Lady Million, Black XS feminine and Olympéa.
- 100ml: Invictus, Black XS, Calandre, One Million and Pour Homme
- 150ml: Invictus
- 200ml: One Million
(Featured image source: Jeanie de Klerk/ Unsplash.com)