Hair is not only a part of the body, but also a form of expression and one of our best tools for looking the way we want to look and projecting who we are. Pantene knows this, and that's why they offer the public a wide variety of Shampoo lines and models that respond to different needs.
The thing is, with so many variations available, choosing the right one can get tiresome. So if you're in search of a Pantene Shampoo and want to avoid those 10 minutes of hesitation in front of the supermarket shelf, read on; in this article we'll tell you all the details, so your shopping can go smoothly.
- 1 Weekly newsletter with the best personal finance tips
- 2 Summary
- 3 The Best Pantene Shampoo: Our Picks
- 4 Buying guide: what you need to know about Pantene shampoos
- 5 Fun facts: what you didn't know about Pantene Shampoo
- 6 Buying criteria
- Pantene's shampoo brand is one of the most prestigious in the hair care market, mainly due to its long experience and dedication to research aimed at protecting hair and restoring damaged hair.
- Pantene stands out as one of the few hair care brands that prioritises hair health, and demonstrates this by offering a seemingly endless number of specialised lines for hair with different needs.
- There is a lot of information about Pantene shampoo, but not all of it is geared towards helping you in your buying process. To guide you, pay attention to details such as which line the Pantene shampoo you're considering belongs to, and the particular requirements of your hair.
The Best Pantene Shampoo: Our Picks
Buying guide: what you need to know about Pantene shampoos
What is the difference between Pantene shampoo and other shampoos?
While other brands simply reproduce known formulas, adding just the occasional compound, Pantene is one of the few brands that risks experimenting with new formulas and compounds, looking for ways to repair each strand individually, to help maintain a healthy mane.
|Pantene Shampoo||Shampoo from other brands|
|Innovation||High, they create new formulas frequently||Medium, they are not forerunners|
|Shampoo quality||Certified by experts||Not always quality certified|
Does Pantene offer Dry Shampoo?
"Pantene Pro-V Dry Shampoo features tapioca, the secret ingredient that's responsible for absorbing your hair's natural oil." It also lacks conditioners, with the aim of preventing hair from losing volume due to the humidity they entail. It comes in an aerosol form, to make it easier to apply to the hair and to avoid the annoying feeling of humidity in the hands when using it.
Applying it is very simple; first separate your hair into sections, apply it to each section, 30cm apart. Then massage your scalp for a couple of minutes, as you would with a regular shampoo. Finally, comb through your hair to remove the residue and give it the volume you want, and voila! ''Pantene Dry shampoo doesn't replace shampooing, but helps keep hair cleaner and oil-free for longer. The secret ingredient - tapioca - is a natural oil absorber that helps leave your hair looking as if you've just washed it.
Fun facts: what you didn't know about Pantene Shampoo
There's a lot to know about Pantene Shampoo, including fun facts that will help you decide whether to tip the scales in your favour. We'll tell you about them here, to give you an overview of what Pantene has to offer your hair.
Micellar water in your Pantene shampoo?
The micelles -compounds in micellar water- work by attracting dirt particles and making them disappear on contact with water, completely removing all traces of dirt. It is especially recommended for use in the shower before bed, as it will remove all traces of dirt and help you sleep clean and light.
Pantene shampoo for men?
Pantene shampoo will help you maintain excellent hair health, we know it and now you know it too. You've probably got one foot in the door to get yours, but before you go shopping, check out these buying factors to help you identify the one you need.
Hairline by hair type
The first thing to check before you even start choosing a shampoo is the type of hair you have, as this will completely define the profile of the product you need. Pantene knows this too, and has special lines for every hair type.
- For straight hair. The Extreme Straight shampoo collection is one of the most popular shampoos in the Pantene universe. It gives you a formula that works every strand of hair to prevent strand damage. Opt for this one if you're looking for straight, smooth hair from root to tip.
- For curly hair. The Defined Curls collection focuses on curly hair, with a formula designed to prevent frizz at all costs and moisturise hair. The effect is unified, lovely curls - want a spring-like mane? This Pantene shampoo is for you.
Hair is delicate, and when it's not at its best, it needs special attention. That's why Pantene develops collections of products - including and starting with shampoo - to give you the approach you need.
- Minute Miracle. This is a line designed for badly damaged hair that needs immediate repair. Got a big event tonight and your hair is in bad shape? Then when you shower wash your hair with Minute Miracle Shampoo, and your hair will recover almost in a flash.
your hair will bounce back in no time
- Hydra Intensify: Particularly dry hair? You're not alone, it's a common malady and Pantene has a great solution. Shampoo from the Hydra Intensify collection is designed to restore hair in a state of extreme dryness. Use it with its complementary products for more effective results.
- Age Defy. Age is not only threatening your skin, but your hair too! Pantene's Age Defy line has a formula that delivers nutrients to your hair strands to help it regain its youthful shine. There's no age to start using it, but if you're close to 40 it's a good idea to consider it.
Pantene shampoos are very varied and high quality formulas, but the brand's experts explain that the exclusive use of shampoo is not enough to get the most of its benefits, because it must be reinforced with other hair products. We tell you about 2 of the most recommended ones
- Conditioner. These are products with formulas that do not focus on recovering the hair while cleaning it, but rather on providing a treatment on already washed hair. It is applied immediately after shampooing, and all Pantene collections that offer shampoo also have a conditioner to complement them.
- Styling cream. These are creams that are applied after showering, and help to soften the hair to detangle it without damaging it. They are especially recommended for curly hair, and also provide extra protection for your hair.
(Featured image photo: citalliance/ 123rf.com)