Whether juice or smoothies, the healthy refreshing drink is quickly prepared with little effort. To be able to easily prepare your own energy kick at home, we introduce you to the juicer from Philips. Not every juicer suits every person, which is why there are many models of this kitchen appliance.
In our Philips juicer test 2021 we want to introduce you to this kitchen appliance. You will receive important information about the different types, as well as the factors that you should consider before buying. With the help of our test article, you should be able to find the right Philips juicer for you.
- 1 Weekly newsletter with the best personal finance tips
- 2 Summary
- 3 The Best Philips Juicer in the United Kingdom: Our Choices
- 4 Guide: Questions you should ask yourself before buying a Philips Juicer
- 5 What kind of Philips Juicers are there and which is the right one for you?
- 6 Buying Criteria: You can compare and evaluate Philips Juicers based on these Factors
- 7 Facts worth knowing about Philips Juicers
- 7.1 What is the warranty on Philips juicers?
- 7.2 What other products does Philips offer?
- 7.3 Who repairs Philips juicers?
- 7.4 Where can I buy spare parts for the Philips juicer?
- 7.5 How do I clean the Philips juicer properly?
- 7.6 Do I have to peel the fruit and vegetables before using the Philips juicer?
- 7.7 What do you do with the pomace?
- Philips juicers are great for enjoying delicious and healthy juices at home.
- The many different models allow you to prepare smoothies easily thanks to the simple operation.
- Philips juicers come in two types, the slow juicer and the centrifugal juicer. We will introduce you to both models.
The Best Philips Juicer in the United Kingdom: Our Choices
Guide: Questions you should ask yourself before buying a Philips Juicer
With the Philips juicer you can make smoothies, almond milk and hummus. Besides fruit and vegetables, you can also juice herbs and grasses. You can also make cocktails or even fruit sorbets.
What is the price range of Philips juicers?
|Product type||Price range|
|Centrifugal juicer||80 - 190 euros|
|Slow juicer||160 - 310 euros|
If you want more power in your juicer, you'll have to budget for a higher three-digit price for the right Philips product. However, even the most comprehensive juicer should not cost more than 350 euros. For the performance you get, however, even this purchase price will be worth it.
What sets Philips juicers apart from other manufacturers?
Basically, you will always find a very professional orientation with the juicers as well as with other products from Philips. You don't need a lot of prior knowledge to operate the juicers. In most cases, the juicer comes with a recipe booklet that can help you get the most out of your kitchen appliance.
What are the advantages and disadvantages of Philips juicers?
- Preparation: the preparation of juices is versatile and fast, because all kinds of fruits and vegetables as well as salads or grasses can be juiced.
- Juice: a juicer can produce a large yield of juice. In addition, chopping the food makes digestion easier.
- Time: You save an enormous amount of time and energy. You don't have to peel or cut any fruit or vegetables.
The disadvantages of a Philips juicer are:
- Price: The Philips juicer comes at a higher cost.
- Energy: The juicer requires a lot of energy to prepare juices
- Space: A juicer needs the necessary space in the kitchen.
What foods are suitable for the Philips juicer?
|Type of food||Variety|
|Fruit||Apples, pineapple. Apricot, pear, pomegranate, cherries, kiwi,, mango, melon, papaya, plum, peach|
|Berries||blueberry, blackberry, cranberry, strawberry, raspberry, grape|
|Citrus||lime, tangerine, orange, lemon|
|Vegetables||Broccoli, fennel, cucumber, cabbage, kohlrabi, pumpkin, leek, chard, carrots, peppers, parsnips, radishes, beetroot, lettuce, celery, sweet potato, asparagus, spinach, rutabaga, tomato, savoy cabbage, courgette, onion|
|Herbs||basil, chilli, dill, tarragon, ginger, garlic, coriander, dandelion, mint, parsley|
What are the alternatives to Philips juicers?
A good alternative to juicers are blenders. With them, there are no obstacles to preparing juices. They chop foods such as fruit and vegetables and can prepare juices or smoothies of your choice.
The company offers you a variety of models to buy in this product form. Among others, the stand mixer, the high-performance mixer and the mini mixer. The price range is between 45 and 270 euros.
Another good alternative to juicers is the juicer or citrus press. Since this type of juice preparation is very quiet, it won't bother you in everyday life.
Especially citrus juicers allow you to prepare juices quickly, depending on the model with or without an electric motor. The price range is between 20 and 50 euros.
What kind of Philips Juicers are there and which is the right one for you?
If you want to buy a Philips juicer, you can choose between two product groups. These are:
- Slow Juicer Juicer from Philips
- Centrifugal juicer from Philips
In the following descriptions, we will tell you more about the differences between them and their advantages and disadvantages.
What are Philips slow juicers and what are their advantages and disadvantages?
The Philips Slow Juicer allows you to prepare a nutrient-rich juice without spending a lot of time. The gentle pressing process gives you a high quality juice. Also, with this type of juicer, you will have little to no sedimentation of the fruit ingredients.
Unlike the centrifugal juicer, which spins the food through rapid movements, the Philips soft juicer uses a juicer to slowly crush the food. No heat is generated and valuable minerals and vitamins are preserved. What's more, the juice is still edible after two days.
What are Philips centrifugal juicers and what are their advantages and disadvantages?
The centrifugal juicer is particularly suitable for the quick preparation of juices. This type of juicer first grinds the fruit, vegetables or nuts. Then the sieve separates the juice from the remaining pulp. This type of juicer is cheaper to buy than the slow juicer.
If you want to prepare a lot of juice in a short time, the Philips centrifugal juicer is perfect. You also save time because the food does not have to be chopped beforehand.
Buying Criteria: You can compare and evaluate Philips Juicers based on these Factors
Philips juicers are available in different versions. The individual product variants can be distinguished according to the following criteria:
The following sections explain what the individual criteria are.
In order to be able to prepare your desired juice, your juicer must have the right power. Depending on the preparation and food, your kitchen appliance should have the right power. A higher wattage ensures efficient operation, i.e. more revolutions per minute, and can have a positive effect on preparation time and juice yield. A centrifugal juicer requires more wattage than a slow juicer.
|Type of juicer||power|
|Philips Slow Juicer||150 - 200 watts|
|Centrifugal juicer||500 - 1,200 watts|
Depending on the juicer, the capacity of the kitchen gadget differs. Philips offers juicers with different sizes of juice containers in its range. A distinction is made between the juice container and the collection container.
The Philips Avance Collection Slow Juicer (HR 1949/20) as well as the Philips Juicer Avance Slow Juicer (HR 1945/80) each hold one litre of juice in their containers. A third model of the Philips Slow Juicer (HR 1889/70) holds 0.75 litres of juice.
The centrifugal juicers have a similarly sized juice container. The Philips juicer Viva Collection (HR 1832/00) has a capacity of 0.5 litres, the Philips juicer Avance (HR 1916/70) has a capacity of 1 litre and the Philips juicer Viva 800 (HR 1856/70) holds 2 litres of juice.
An important purchase criterion is the ease of use of your juicer. The juicer has a rotary knob that can have one or two speed settings. The first speed is for soft fruits and the second speed is for hard fruits and vegetables.
Both types of product are easy to assemble, and rubberised feet or suction cups make your kitchen appliance stable and secure. The length of the cables is appropriate, so that you have a range of up to one metre to a socket, depending on the model. In addition, the "Viva Collection" slow juicer from Philips and the "Viva Collection" centrifugal juicer from Philips take up very little space.
The amount of juice produced is probably one of the most relevant criteria for buying a juicer. Philips slow juicers extract 80-90% of the nutrients from food. For example, 125 ml of juice can be produced from 500g of carrots. The juice contains many vitamins and nutrients due to the gentle preparation and is prepared without foam.
The Philips centrifugal juicer, on the other hand, produces 210 millilitres of juice from 500 g of carrots. However, this juice is not as nutrient-rich as juice from a slow juicer. Depending on the model, the juice product can vary.
Facts worth knowing about Philips Juicers
Now that you have gathered enough information about Philips juicers, we would like to give you some more information. If you already own a Philips juicer, you may find valuable tips here.
What is the warranty on Philips juicers?
Despite proper use and regular care and maintenance, Philips juicers can still have a defect. You get a 2-year warranty when you buy a Philips juicer.
For a fast processing, you should always have the proof of purchase and a photo documentation of the damage. In the event of a warranty claim, Philips will cover the cost of repair or replacement.
What other products does Philips offer?
Philips offers the following products in its range:
- Sound and vision: TV and video, audio, communication, accessories
- Body care: For women, for men, dental and oral care
- Mother and child care: Philips Avent, for babies, for toddlers, for mothers
- Household appliances: coffee makers, kitchen appliances, hoovers, ironing, water purifiers
- Lighting: consumer lighting, Philips Hue
- Health: sleep therapy, breathing therapy, air quality, SmartSleep, wake-up light, pain therapy, hearing solutions
- Automotive: car, motorbike, truck, accessories
Who repairs Philips juicers?
If your Philips juicer stops working, you can contact the Philips repair service. The Philips service is available to customers free of charge and flexible. It also offers tips and tricks for small problems that you may be able to solve yourself.
There are also various forums on the Internet that have a solution to your problem. However, before you try to solve the problem yourself, you should be aware that the warranty may expire. For your own safety, you should call a technician or specialist to prevent accidents or major damage.
Where can I buy spare parts for the Philips juicer?
Philips offers spare parts for your juicer in their range. In addition to spare parts, you can also find other accessories for your juicer in their large product list, such as a juicer plug, a juicer lid or a strainer.
You can also find spare parts for your juicer in other shops and specialist shops near you. In addition, various online portals offer spare parts for your Philips juicer.
How do I clean the Philips juicer properly?
To keep your kitchen appliance in good working order for a long time, you should pay a lot of attention to the cleaning and care of your Philips juicer. Most importantly, clean the juicer immediately after use. Otherwise the pomace can stick or germs can form.
To clean your juicer thoroughly, it is advisable to take a brush and carefully clean the contaminated areas. Dishwashing liquid can also help with stubborn dirt. It often helps to soak your kitchen utensil in water to remove the dirt without too much effort.
Do I have to peel the fruit and vegetables before using the Philips juicer?
Basically, you should always wash and peel your fruit and vegetables before juicing, as this will remove chemicals such as pesticides or other pest control agents. This way you can be sure of protecting your health. But different rules apply depending on which juicer you prefer.
This is because bananas, for example, contain a small amount of water. It is better to puree these fruits in a blender. Bananas make good smoothies.
With the slow juicer, it is advisable to peel all fruit and vegetables, as the food is crushed by a press. With the centrifugal juicer, it is not absolutely necessary to peel the food, as the peel is crushed with the pulp. However, you should wash your food thoroughly before processing.
What do you do with the pomace?
The pomace, the solid residue left over after squeezing fruit and vegetables, can be used in many ways. Most juicers have a built-in collection container for such residues, including the Philips HR1871/10 Avance juicer, for example. The food residues contain many nutrients that you can process.
Some examples of such recycling are:
- Cooking and baking: The pomace from different fruits or vegetables is perfect for many recipes. For example, you can make a sauce from tomatoes, celery or courgettes. Apples, beetroot or carrots are suitable for preparing salads, muesli or soups. You can also use the pomace to refine cake doughs, bread or muffins
- Dog treats: You can prepare treats for your four-legged friend from the leftovers of your food. To do this, mix the pomace with sunflower seeds and flax, spread the amount on a piece of baking paper and then let it dry for an hour at 145 degrees.
- Health and beauty: The leftovers of cucumbers, carrots or avocado, for example, can be used to make a face mask. Leave the mask on for 15 minutes. Leftover cabbage is also good for a face mask.
- And what else? Otherwise, food scraps are suitable for animal feed or fertiliser.
Picture source: Belchonock/ 123rf.com