- 1 Weekly newsletter with the best personal finance tips
- 2 The most important facts
- 3 The Best Pouf: Our Picks
- 4 Buying and evaluation criteria for poufs:
- 5 Guide: Frequently asked questions about poufs answered in detail
- 6 Conclusion
The most important facts
- A pouf is a flexible piece of furniture and can be quickly transported from one room to another. It is suitable as a quick seat, storage space or just as decoration
- Individual purchase criteria are the material, the weight and the shape of the pouf. These can be selected individually according to your own wishes.
- Poufs are available in every price range. There are cheaper poufs made of simple materials, but also more expensive poufs made of high-quality materials and with eye-catching designs
The Best Pouf: Our Picks
Buying and evaluation criteria for poufs:
To make it easier for you to buy your pouf, we have listed the most important buying criteria for poufs here:
These criteria are explained in more detail below:
Material / Design
The material of the pouf determines the design to a large extent. This is of course one of the most important criteria, as the material of the pouf should also match your usual furniture. There are poufs made of knitted fabric, leather, velvet, fur or even a simple polyester cover. Polyester covers are much easier to care for, while natural covers such as cotton are very gentle on the skin.
The filling should also be considered. If you want to use the pouf mainly as a seat, the filling should be comfortable to sit on. Knitted poufs with a filling of Styrofoam beads adapt to your sitting position and thus offer a high level of seating comfort. If you would rather have a rest, the filling should be a stable material.
If the pouf is to be flexibly transportable, a light filling is important.
Many poufs are also equipped with a solid base. This gives them shape and stability. A cheaper filling is a filling made of an inflatable cushion. Many poufs do not have a filling at all, but consist of a frame. Some also offer additional storage space inside.
Poufs come in many different sizes. To narrow down the choice, you should think about what you want to use the pouf for. A tall pouf in a cylindrical shape, for example, is perfect as a stool but also as a table, while a small, narrow pouf serves more as a shelf for feet or things.
The weight of the pouf is also important. If you are looking for a mobile seat, it is advisable to choose a lighter pouf. However, if you are looking for a pouf as a shelf or decoration, the pouf can also have a heavy weight. Often the filling and the size of the pouf determine the weight.
Guide: Frequently asked questions about poufs answered in detail
To give you more information about poufs and to give you an overview of what a pouf is all about, we have answered the most important questions about poufs here:
What is a pouf?
What is a pouf suitable for?
What types of poufs are there?
Whether as decoration or as a quick seat for guests, a pouf is suitable for many things. You can choose between different designs, materials and sizes and find the perfect pouf for yourself. A pouf finds a place in every living room and is completely flexible and versatile.