The running pants for women are especially suitable for women who like to go jogging for long periods of time. For this, the cut of the running trousers is specially designed for the activity. However, not only the cut or the fit plays an important role.
You can read about all the buying criteria you should consider before buying running pants for women in this article. With different styles and colours, women's running pants offer different variations, so there's bound to be something to suit your taste. You can find out which style you should choose and which additional features the running pants should have in our guide section.
- 1 Weekly newsletter with the best personal finance tips
- 2 Summary
- 3 The best Running Shorts For Women: Our Picks
- 4 Buying criteria: What you should look for when buying running trousers for women
- 5 Running shorts for women: The most important questions answered
- 6 Conclusion
The best Running Shorts For Women: Our Picks
Buying criteria: What you should look for when buying running trousers for women
Before you buy any running trousers for women, you should be aware that various buying criteria play a major role. You can find out what these are in the following section. These are the following buying criteria:
Running trousers for women can be cut in different ways. This means you can choose between countless cuts. Running trousers come in short or long. These are 3/4 cuts, 7/8 cuts and a standard length that reaches the ankle. In addition, you can choose between a high-waist and a medium-waist cut for the waistband.
Women's running trousers with a high-waist cut go up to about the navel. This conceals any problem areas on the stomach and prevents the pants from slipping. The medium-waist cut, however, only goes up to the hips. This cut is suitable for you if you get stomach aches or side stitches quickly and frequently. This cut means that there are no pressure points around the abdomen.
When choosing the material, you should make sure that it is comfortable for you to wear. The running shorts should not pinch or scratch when you are exercising. The fabric should also be functional and breathable. It should be free of harmful substances and contain no chemicals. Recycled materials are sometimes used.
In this way, you are also doing something good for the environment. There are usually two different types of fibres used in running trousers for women. We recommend natural fibres for slower runs and synthetic fibres for sweaty runs.
- Organic cotton: Organic cotton belongs to the natural fibre and feels particularly pleasant on the skin, is very breathable and elastic.
- Tencel: Tencel is also a natural fibre and offers a soft feel and moisture management, making the material dry very quickly. This material is particularly suitable for dynamic activities.
- Polyester: Polyester is a synthetic fibre and is a very breathable and elastic material. It also dries very quickly. Another advantage of this material is that it is recycled.
- Spandex: Spandex is also a synthetic fibre and is particularly flexible, stretchy and tear-resistant.
So before you buy, you should decide whether to go for running trousers made of a synthetic fibre or a natural fibre. You should consider how fast, slow and sweaty your run is.
The trend towards sustainability is growing. So retailers are increasingly offering running trousers for women that are produced sustainably and thus count as organic or recycled products. If this aspect is important to you and you want to do something good for the environment with your purchase, there are now a variety of sustainable running shorts for women.
Since most sports shops unfortunately do not provide this offer, it is easier to find sustainable running pants in online shops. Here you will find a large selection of running trousers for women in different designs, colours and fits.
Running shorts for women: The most important questions answered
In the following section, we have picked out the most important questions regarding running trousers for women and answered them.
What styles of running pants are available for women?
- Women's running shorts: The short running pants are especially recommended in summer when the temperatures are very high. However, you can also reach for the short running pants if you train in the gym or on the running trainer at home.
- 3/4 running shorts for women: The so-called 3/4 running pants for women are often used in spring and autumn. They are always used when the outside temperatures are not very cold, but also do not allow shorts, this variant of running trousers is a perfect solution for the transitional period. Depending on the weather, you can also wear the running trousers on warmer winter days or in uncomfortable summer weather.
- Long running trousers for women: The long running pants for women are used when the temperatures outside are cool and you could catch a cold from sweating in combination with cold air. There are variants that come with additional padding so that body heat cannot escape directly to the outside. Especially on cold days, you should protect your legs, as the cold attacks the limbs first.
- Seamless running pants for women: Running trousers without seams are very popular because they do not chafe or scratch. This variant of running pants for women is advantageous because no seams can tear here. This makes them very durable.
Depending on the weather and the intended use, the different variants of running trousers are advantageous. In the best case, you have a pair of running trousers in your wardrobe for every season.
What additional features should running shorts for women have?
The inside pockets mean that the items cannot get lost. An additional strap offers you a better hold and a secure wearing feeling. An inner pant is an additional very thin pant that is located underneath the actual running pant for women.
Especially in wet conditions, the inner pants can help keep the wetness away from your body. As mobile phones are indispensable in today's world, they are also indispensable for running. For this reason, some running shorts for women have a special hand pocket that is designed to hold the mobile phone.
How do I care for and clean my running shorts for women?
You should clean your running trousers for women every day, so that you can prevent unpleasant odours. You should also know that the running pants for women do not necessarily have to be cleaned in the washing machine, you can also clean them with a quick hand wash.
It is also advisable to wash the running trousers separately, this prevents residues from cotton clothing or other materials from sticking to them. You should not use fabric softener, as this can cause the sensitive fibres to stick together.
As you can see, there are a few criteria to consider before buying a pair of running pants for women. In the best case scenario, you should go to a specialist store and ask the staff to advise you on which option is best for your run. If you are more inclined to buy online, you should read the product reviews.
These can often provide information on how the running trousers fit in reality. You should also not do without additional functions. Above all, an additional inner pocket is a good idea, in which you can store important documents such as your ID card or smartphone.
Cover photo: Jozsef Hocza / Unsplash