Taking care of your skin is always a challenge, but it is also indispensable. With so many products on sale, it is not the simplest task to choose the ideal one for your skin type and your needs. So, in the following article, we will help you identify the best skincare products.
Whether for treating skin problems or for daily care, there are some cosmetics that are basic and essential in everyone's routine. But you need to take into account the characteristics of your skin, the best formula and the texture of the product. And we are going to help you discover all this!
- 1 Weekly newsletter with the best personal finance tips
- 2 Summary
- 3 The Best Skincare Products: Our Picks
- 4 Buying guide: All you need to know about skincare products
- 5 Buying criteria: How skincare products compare
- 6 Summary
- The skincare ritual should be performed every day so that you can keep your skin healthy, beautiful and youthful.
- There is a basic step-by-step for taking care of your facial skin, but it is always important to take your dermatologist's recommendations into account.
- To buy the best skincare products it is essential to consider your skin type.
The Best Skincare Products: Our Picks
New Crystal White Powder Gel Collagen Face Facial Mask Masks Sheet Patch, Anti Ageing Aging, Skincare, Anti Wrinkle, Moisturising, Moisture, Hydrating, Uplifting, Whitening, Remove Blemishes & Blackheads Product. Firmer, Smoother, Tone, Regeneration Of Skin. Suitable For Home Use Hot or Cold.
10 x New Infinitive Beauty Crystal 24K Gold Powder Gel Collagen Face Mask Masks Sheet Patch, Anti Ageing Aging, Skincare, Anti Wrinkle, Moisturising, Moisture, Hydrating, Uplifting, Whitening, Remove Blemishes & Blackheads Product. Firmer, Smoother, Tone, Regeneration Of Skin. Suitable For Home Use Hot or Cold.
Buying guide: All you need to know about skincare products
Why should you skincare and when to start?
To take care of the outside, you should create a care routine that involves the application of various skincare products.
That's because the skin accumulates a huge amount of dust, pollution, impurities and chemicals on a daily basis. And this, in addition to damaging the skin, still promotes premature aging.
Besides, the specialists are unanimous: the ideal is that the skin care routine starts around 20 years of age, which is when the production of collagen starts to decrease gradually.
What are the basic steps of a daily skincare?
Step 1: Cleansing
The first step of any skincare routine is cleansing, as your skin needs to be as clean as possible and with unclogged pores to absorb skincare products.
So, the first skincare product you should use is soap, be it liquid, bar, foam or gel. But, if you are left with make-up residue, use a makeup remover before the soap.
Step 2: Tonify
The soap alone is not enough to remove all the impurities from your skin. Therefore, in step 2, you should reinforce the cleansing by using a facial toner or a micellar solution.
Step 3: Treat
Now that your skin is clean, it can receive treatments. But beware, only use skincare products recommended by your dermatologist at this stage.
Here, cosmetics like serum and face mask come in, for example. But, if you don't need any skin treatment, skip to the next step.
Step 4: Moisturize
Moisturising your skin is an indispensable step, regardless of your skin type. And, yes, even oily skin needs moisturizing.
However, just like the other steps, you should choose skincare products whose formula is compatible with your skin type.
Step 5: Protect
Finally, it's time to apply sunscreen. The best, according to dermatologists, is sunscreen with SPF 30 upwards. And attention here also to buy a facial sunscreen that is directed to your skin type.
What should the weekly skincare be?
- Exfoliation: Promotes cell renewal, unclogs pores and helps control sebum production;
- Mask: There are several types of facial masks that can moisturize, promote cell renewal or remove oiliness
Which skincare products should everyone have?
- Make-up Remover
- Facial cleanser
- Tonic or micellar water
- Anti-aging cream
- Facial moisturizer
- Facial sunscreen
- Face mask
Buying criteria: How skincare products compare
Once you understand the importance of skincare and learn how to carry out each step of that process, it's time to compare the best skincare products. How? Simply by looking at the following aspects:
Oily to combination vs. dry to normal
If there's one thing we've been insistent on until now, it's that you choose your skincare products according to your skin type. So, it is important to always look for the skin type indication on the product packaging.
Oily skin needs ingredients that help reduce the production of sebum, acne and blackheads. Dry skin, on the other hand, demands moisturizing actives.
With that in mind, check out the chart below that shows the best skincare products for each step of the skincare routine and each skin type:
|Products for oily to combination skin||Products for dry to normal skin|
|Cleansing||Cleansing gel, with actives that prevent the production of sebum and the formation of acne and blackheads||Cleansing lotion with actives that prevent dryness|
|Hydration||Moisturizer with light texture and oil-free||Cream with creamy texture and alcohol-free|
|Protection||Sunscreen with dry touch and oil control technology||Sunscreen with fluid texture and moisturizing action|
Another criterion you should consider is the texture of skincare products. Again, each texture will be more recommended to care for different skin types. See the main ones:
- Gel: The skincare products in gel form have a light texture and are quickly absorbed, providing a dry touch. Therefore, they are ideal for oily skins, acneic skins and also for hot days;
- Cream: This texture present in some cosmetics is more consistent and has greater power of hydration. Therefore, cream products should be used by those who have drier skin;
- Serum: With a watery consistency and fluid texture, serum-type skincare products have greater penetrating power and usually work on all skin types;
- Lotion: Lotion type cosmetics are liquid and can be used for almost all skin types, depending on the function that can be: astringent tonics, antiseptic, soothing or moisturizing;
- Mousse: The mousse type skincare product has a light and creamy texture and also has an oil-free version. It is usually the most practical option for day to day application.
Because of the need to choose a cosmetic according to your skin type it is recommended that you analyse the formula of the skincare product.
In this case, it is important to stress that oily skin requires oil-free products, while dry skin should avoid formulas with alcohol. But also note that some substances and nutrients are usually beneficial for everyone, such as vitamins C and E.
While others may cause damage to the skin and health problems ranging from allergies to hormonal changes. When in doubt, always avoid the following substances:
- SodiumLauryl Sulfate;
Finally, if you are looking for skincare products that help preserve the environment and are good for your skin, a good option are the vegans. They do not use any product of animal origin in their composition and are not tested on animals.
To choose the best skincare products you need to know what your skin type is and what it needs to stay healthy, firm and beautiful. The ideal is, in fact, to have the evaluation and monitoring of a dermatologist.
But, even without specialized help, you can take care of your skin daily by following a simple step-by-step that involves cleansing, toning, treatment, moisturizing and protection.
(Featured image source: Arthur Pereira/ Unsplash)