Since the internet has come into our homes, a lot has changed! The integration of devices with environments seemed like the stuff of science fiction, but now it's within reach - and voice!
The smart lamp is another fruit of this evolution. If you still have doubts about how it works, you are not alone! And that is precisely why we have prepared this article. Here, we will show you the advantages, features and tips to buy the best smart light bulb on the market. Follow us!
- 1 Weekly newsletter with the best personal finance tips
- 2 The most important facts
- 3 The Best Smart Lamp: Our Picks
- 4 Smart Lamp: Shopping Guide
- 4.1 What is a smart bulb and how does it work?
- 4.2 How is a smart lamp / bulb installed and controlled?
- 4.3 Where is the smart lamp / bulb most commonly used?
- 4.4 For which environments is the smart lamp suitable?
- 4.5 What are the advantages of having a smart lamp or light bulb?
- 4.6 What are the most common extra functions in smart lamps and bulbs?
- 4.7 How to synchronise the smart lamp to other devices?
- 5 Purchase criteria: What to take into account when buying the smart bulb
- 6 Summary
The most important facts
- The smart lamp has features that make it more versatile and economical. Unlike the conventional one, it can be programmed and adjusted according to the situation.
- One of the advantages of the smart lamp or bulb is the possibility to control the intensity and temperature of the light.
- If you use gadgets like Amazon Echo Dot or Google Home, you will be able to control the functions of your smart lamp by voice commands.
The Best Smart Lamp: Our Picks
Smart Lamp: Shopping Guide
What is a smart bulb and how does it work?
How is a smart lamp / bulb installed and controlled?
Where is the smart lamp / bulb most commonly used?
The baby's room can also gain a more welcoming atmosphere, with dimming of the luminosity. And what about coloured lighting in the playroom? You see, the intelligent lamp adjusts to what you want, wherever it is installed.
For which environments is the smart lamp suitable?
In order not to make a mistake, consult the manufacturer's information, check the luminous intensity and the additional functions of each model. This way, you will know exactly if the lamp is the most suitable.
What are the advantages of having a smart lamp or light bulb?
What are the most common extra functions in smart lamps and bulbs?
- Turn the light on and off using your smartphone or voice command
- Adjust the light intensity
- Change the colours and tones of the lighting
- Schedule lighting times
- Control the lighting even when you are out of the room
- Synchronise the change of colours with music
How to synchronise the smart lamp to other devices?
Purchase criteria: What to take into account when buying the smart bulb
You have seen that the smart bulb represents the future inside our homes, right? But, before buying yours, remember to pay attention to some criteria that can make the difference when it comes to using the lamp.
First of all, you need to know what you want or need a smart lamp for. If you want to create a more intimate atmosphere or give that party feel to your leisure area, the best option is an RGB lamp that synchronises with the ambient music. Need a welcoming atmosphere for the children's room? Count on a dimmable lamp and warm tones. In retail, brighter and dimmer - and remote-controlled - ones are best suited.
This criterion is important especially if you already have other smart devices at home. If you use a sync app, check that the lamp model you choose is compatible with the one you already use. If you are going to start your home automation now, look for a gadget that is as universal as possible. That way, you won't have synchronisation problems in the future.
The light intensity of a smart bulb is, in most models, variable. This is a positive point of this type of device. However, it is crucial to check the maximum brightness that the lamp can achieve. Generally speaking, you can base yourself on the luminous power of the LED lamps you already have at home to know what the ideal and comfortable intensity is for each location. Do not let this point go unnoticed, it can disrupt the routine of an environment.
In the previous section, we cited a number of features of the smart bulb. Once again, we stress that to know which functions are indispensable, you need to keep in mind where you are going to install the lamp, what effects you expect from it and how you intend to use it. Based on this, it is much easier to define the ideal features for each situation and find the smart lamp that can meet all your expectations.
With so many impressive features, you can be sure that guests will notice your smart lamp! And you wouldn't want it to "clash" with the style of your home, would you? The good news is that the most common models on the Brazilian market are very similar to conventional lamps. Discreet, they will steal the scene for the right reason: functionality and versatility!
The smart bulb is coming into the lives of thousands of people every day. And if you want to be among them, it's time to choose the ideal model for every room in your home. In this article, we show you how the smart light bulb works, we talk about the main features and how to choose the most suitable model for the environment and your expectations.
To help you, we have made a selection of the best-rated ones on the market. Take advantage of our list of products to buy your lamp and make your home smarter. If this material was useful for you, share it with your friends. We will be very grateful!
(Featured image source: cheskyw / 123rf.com)